Micro Mages, a new NES game using only 40 kilobytes

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
A really cool breakdown about what it takes to work around the NES' limitations.

---

You can grab a physical or digital version of the game on their Kickstarter page.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That looks like a lot of fun, especially the four player aspect.

Just went and backed the digital version.

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I supported this KS.
Game looks alot of fun and I picked up a cheap 4 score a few weeks back :)

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Wow, this looks very fun.
Visuals have a great polish to them, as good any officially released game.
For the price, I’ll back this for a digital copy & throw it on the Evererive.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I backed it as well. There aren't many good 4-player games on the NES, but this one looks fun! That byte technique for shifting tiles to avoid mirroring levels blew my mind! Loved that making-of video.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Looks leaps and bounds better than any home brew I've seen for the NES. Of course, haven't kept up with that scene in years.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Looks leaps and bounds better than any home brew I've seen for the NES. Of course, haven't kept up with that scene in years.
That is mostly true, I know there are some pretty polished NES homebrew games but they really do lack genre diversity.

This looks like it'll be a hit for 4P groups at our monthly Game Night. I can't wait to try it out! :glee:

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Damn, I’m going to have to wait till May for my copy. :(

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Yeah, I'm actually kinda surprised I didn't hear anything about that when I got the email for the survey.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Just confirmed my address on KS yesterday, second batch of game doesn’t ship for 7 more months but I’m stocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
For those who missed the Kickstarter campaign:

Indiegogo campaign

Morphcat Games said:
In September, we ran a successful Kickstarter campaign in order to raise funds for cartridge, box and manual production. To meet the continuing demand, we decided to transfer to Indiegogo InDemand to offer anyone who missed the original campaign a chance to get a copy of Micro Mages while the game cartridges are being produced.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
They already released the rom so check your email. They also sent me a steam key. (^_^)
Morphcat Games said:
Hello everyone!

we're happy to announce the digital version has finally been released. All Kickstarter and Indiegogo backers should have received a download link as well as a Steam key via e-mail.

We are so sorry for the delay! Well, technically, it's still April in some parts of the world, not sure if that counts for anything :-)... We believe we've learned a lot with this project and hope to do better in the future.

For those of you who ordered multiple copies of the game by doubling or tripling the pledge amount, we will need to take another couple days to manually check these pledges and send you additional download keys.

Cartridges when?!

As for the physical rewards, we are very sorry to announce that we won't make the April deadline for shipping. We are currently waiting for one more shipment our way which is scheduled to arrive on May 6th. From there it will take at least another couple of days before we can ship the packages to our backers.

Thank you so much for support and we hope you'll enjoy playing Micro Mages!
Source

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Damnit, totally missed this. Not able to order anything. I really wanted the ltd black cartridge version 😭

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Great news! Received my ROM and Steam key.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
That was unfortunate timing, we wanted this setup for our game night just 2 days back. Is there a way to purchase the ROM and have it sent immediately? I really want to play this soon and will purchase a physical cart in the near future.

Can anyone tell me how this NES title works through the Steam software? Is it essentially the game playing through their version of a NES emulator or is there more to it than that? :)

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Thanks, I can at least play it. Still a bit sad I can't get a cartridge version.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
You will probably get another chance to order a cartridge version. :)

Morphcat Games said:
Release imminent. Perks removed. Closing campaign... We will move to a custom store for further cartridge sales. Update will follow. Thanks for your support!

Source