My Trump Theory

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Maybe I'm not the only one to come up with this notion, but here I go.

He didn't actually expect to win.

He expected to lose, and then would cash in on the book tours, the talk shows, the celebrity of running and coming so close. He might even do a reality TV show about it and maybe have an Apprentice-White House spin-off.

And he could go back to all of his other business ventures.

And then he won.

And here we are.

It's probably a shit theory, but I'm going to stick with it anyway.

Marek

Banned
You clearly werent reading the trump threads during the election.

The ng.com hive mind has decided this theory as fact

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I honestly wasn't reading any of that stuff.

Truth be told, I sort of chaff talking about politics in this place.

As weird as it may sound, I come here because it's a comfortable, familiar place where I can relive my nostalgia and enjoy some good ol' fashioned internet drama (although I don't like being a part of it very much.)

But when it comes to politics, I sort of keep it to myself. I actually get a little intimidated reading how smart some of you guys are on politics and how vigorously you defend your positions. It's not an arena I'm comfortable in. I could go on for hours about how Kraven's Last Hunt is actually a story about Spider-Man's victory over Kraven or I can talk about Char Aznable as an allegory for anarchy in Gundam, but asking me my position on gun control, immigration or economics and I withdraw. I am just not agile enough in those arenas.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

He expected to lose, and then would cash in on the book tours, the talk shows, the celebrity of running and coming so close. He might even do a reality TV show about it and maybe have an Apprentice-White House spin-off.

And then he won.

And here we are.

Your theory is basically the same as the one Michael Moore presents in Fahrenheit 11/9. Probably close to the truth.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

And then he won.

And here we are.

To me it looks like a lot of people have guns to their heads. At least that is what Jeff Flake looked like today. He looked like a guy scared to death from the threats he claims he received from people like RAZO demanding he stop interfering with the president.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
From what I've read, I assume you're correct. He looked shocked, almost devastated, according to some of the people in the room when it became clear he'd win.

Of course, this could be the result of him thinking "Man, this is a lot of responsibility" or "It's gonna be a rough ride" etc. But I don't think his lizard brain thinks that far ahead.

I think his plan, like you said, was to cash in, as well as rail against the government for being "rigged" for the rest of his life.

(I put rigged in quotes because while I do think many things in the government and life are rigged, I don't think that's true in the same sense that Trump is using the term. Just wanted to be clear on that.)

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
To me it looks like a lot of people have guns to their heads. At least that is what Jeff Flake looked like today. He looked like a guy scared to death from the threats he claims he received from people like RAZO demanding he stop interfering with the president.

So here we go.

I think what Flake did today is a win-win situation for himself. Maybe even his party.

If Grassley decided to ignore the FBI investigation request, Flake could EITHER still confirm Kavanaugh on the floor vote OR not. In either case, he has a suitable excuse. If he chose to vote YES, he could simply say he'd already voted 'yes' to move the confirmation to the senate so it was just a formality. You could argue, then, that he was a hypocrite but he's a politician and it's just another minor detail that would have gotten lost in all of this. If he chose to vote NO following a Grassley denial, he could say it was too risky and while that might piss off his constituents, he could argue that he'd previously voted yes pending the FBI investigation and his apprehensions were too deeply rooted for him to ignore.

Say Grassley approves the FBI investigation (which it appears he has,) now it goes to Trump to either re-open the investigation or not as he pleases, if I'm understanding this correctly. If Trump says yes, then it looks like everyone's playing nice, Ford's testimony is treated with all the respect one might expect in 2018 and the matter is essentially taken out of their hands anyway. if the FBI finds something substantial on Kavanaugh (which I don't believe they will, given the long road to this point), then everyone can wash their hands of it and say they acted with conscience or, at the very least, they all 'learned something about the democratic process' in this fashion.

If Trump says 'no' to the FBI reopening the investigation into Kavanaugh, then they can all point the finger at the loose cannon and fall back on their party lines, stating that their vote is consistent with their political and moral beliefs and all the while low key blaming Trump and shifting the focus on to the orange skinned loose cannon.

Then Kavanaugh gets confirmed and the Dems begin the impeachment process, potentially making a November blue wave all the more important towards this aim.

What do I think is going to happen?

Kavanaugh is going to get confirmed. I'd be shocked if this doesn't happen.

I DO think the Dems will take the house in November and I Do think the Republicans will further solidify their hold on the senate.

And Senator Booker will still be an insufferable, cringe inducing idiot. I don't say this out of partisan attitude. I just can't stand the guy's grandstanding. Today, he spent more time talking about himself than about the issue at hand. Textbook sign of a guy too emotional to be a part of this process.

Anyway, there's my political thought for the day. Again, I stress that I say all of this from the vantage of a person that prefers to remain a centrist, or perhaps what some call a 'classic liberal', if you will. Definitely not a party R or D.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm pretty sure he wanted to win. I mean you're super rich, banged the hottest hoes, and done everything you ever wanted or could. What do you do now? Become President Of The United States.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
I'm pretty sure he wanted to win. I mean you're super rich, banged the hottest hoes, and done everything you ever wanted or could. What do you do now? Become President Of The United States.

Your theory only really works if A) He's actually super rich. And B) He has banged the hottest hoes.

And there isn't sufficient evidence to support either supposition.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

And then he won.

And here we are.

Both Norm Macdonald and Howard Stern independently came up with the same theory.