AWW SIT.. SNK RELEASES 32 CLASSIC GAME SOUNDTRACKS TO STREAM OR BUY

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
They're up on Apple Music too.

Does Apple still have DRM in their song files? That's the main reason I buy from amazon.com over apple..

Yeah, these albums are a bit over priced considering how easy it is to listen to them for free elsewhere.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Oh come on, it's not hard to print a run of CDs.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up Kronos!

On the iTunes Store they are already $9.99 an album. I haven’t run into any drm issues with mp3’s from iTunes these days.

The ost albums are great, but I wonder if SNK will release the arranged versions of these albums at some point too.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Spotify is your best bet for them outside of Youtube.

Call me when they post the arranged soundtracks. I'd love to hear them remastered as well.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Holy shit, $20 for vidya game music mp3s? Get the fuck outta here.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
The concept of digital music sales mystifies me as well... there is no real ownership involved. Anyway, I don't see why SNK wouldn't reprint all of the original and arrange soundtrack CDs and start cashing in on all of the money that is going to bootleggers and price-fixers on Ebay.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks for the heads up Kronos!

On the iTunes Store they are already $9.99 an album. I haven’t run into any drm issues with mp3’s from iTunes these days.

The ost albums are great, but I wonder if SNK will release the arranged versions of these albums at some point too.

My pleasure:) Thanks for the info on itunes being DRM free and prices. I may use the iTunes store for the first time in several years.. I've been eyeing their Zuntata selection too. Itunes files are still non-mp3 though, right?

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
The concept of digital music sales mystifies me as well... there is no real ownership involved. Anyway, I don't see why SNK wouldn't reprint all of the original and arrange soundtrack CDs and start cashing in on all of the money that is going to bootleggers and price-fixers on Ebay.

I definitely prefer paying real money for a real product and not just some data on a server..unless the price is like half the physical version. Amazon.com offers MOD (made on demand) for some music like John Carpenter soundtracks for example.. this might be a good way to sell SNK CDs so Amazon doesn't get stuck with unsold stock.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
My pleasure:) Thanks for the info on itunes being DRM free and prices. I may use the iTunes store for the first time in several years.. I've been eyeing their Zuntata selection too. Itunes files are still non-mp3 though, right?

AFAIK, iTunes uses AAC which is an excellent encoder which, at 256kbps gives me a *really* hard time to discern from the original, uncompressed CD. Like, I have to know the track very well and know what to look for to distinguish one from another.

I don't know which bitrates iTunes store uses, but even if it's 128kbps, that would still be good for most people.

Still, a FLAC/ALAC/APE uncompressed version would be nice, considering the price tag.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'm surprised they're not included on Amazon Music Unlimited. Oh well.

adaup1

n00b
Most of these games are available on the Neo-Geo CD, most even being common cheap titles less expensive than $18.99. You can just play those in a CD player or rip them to a computer at 16 bit 44.1 khz. I can see the appeal of post-2000s games but that's about it.