SNES Holy grails

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
Hagane, Dracula X, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (though the originals are better) and Demon’s Crest first come to mind.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Don't think anyone mentioned the MAC military training game with the gun, and the Miracle Piano game. May have that MAC games name wrong, but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.

** Edit **

Looks like that Miracle Piano is a lot cheaper than it use to be. I could have swore it use to be double or triple what it's selling for now.

You might be mixing it up with the NES Miracle Piano which IIRC was pricey especially if it had the box. I could be wrong though.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I thought you were joking... I just looked it up, because I'm good at the interwebs n stuff. Fuckin' 'ell... people suck.

Yeah $150 seems to be the average price I’ve seen.
I’d much rather pay that price for this game than Earthbound.

Another game that is at grail pricing is Dragon View, the sequel to Drakkhen.
It’s not a very good game, but it seems to be a rare one that collectors are paying bank for.
So I guess, “grails” don’t necessary mean good games.

Neural Tech

Banned
How did a well produced game like R-Type III, become so coveted? It makes me want to sit on a hot stick and bask in the gayness, until the world ends. No (((homo))).

How much is Magical Chase worth these days? Victor Ireland’s copy to be exact...

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
How did a well produced game like R-Type III, become so coveted? It makes me want to sit on a hot stick and bask in the gayness, until the world ends. No (((homo))).

How much is Magical Chase worth these days? Victor Ireland’s copy to be exact...

4k loose. More with manual. Even more with box. I only know this because I stupidly sold mine with the manual right before it hit 1k. So now I look up the prices and cry a little each time..

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Not technically SNES, but I forgot about Majuu Ou, AKA King of Demons on Super Famicom.

Good luck picking up a nice complete copy under a grand. Looks like some sort of re-release coming out of Japan now, but the real one has been around a grand complete for several years. Looks like there are some on eBay now in the $800.00 range. Not sure of those are legit, considering the influx of repros coming out of Japan.

Also a really good game.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I think SNES games prices have hit their peak. Most games don't go for less than $30 for a bare cart. I'm selling all my shit now on teh bay and never looking back. I got out of NES stuff at the wrong time and got next to nothing for most of my games. Most people who remember SNES are in their 30s and 40s now; in 5-10 years prices will plummet on these games. Sell your games now. I can always play stuff on teh pi.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I think SNES games prices have hit their peak. Most games don't go for less than $30 for a bare cart. I'm selling all my shit now on teh bay and never looking back. I got out of NES stuff at the wrong time and got next to nothing for most of my games. Most people who remember SNES are in their 30s and 40s now; in 5-10 years prices will plummet on these games. Sell your games now. I can always play stuff on teh pi.

Prices aint going down. Some have leveled for sure, but some games will keep rising. Like the games mentioned in this thread. I don't know why everyone insists there will be some sort of crash. Gaming gets more popular every year, and there will always be dumb asses with too much to spend. Just like baseball cards and comics. People won't even care if Theyre functional in 50 years. They'll buy the original and set it on a desk and look at why they play the game on their pi. Being interactive media, they hold a stronger hold on someone than a baseball card. You can not only look at them on a shelf, but play them, listen to them, and experience them. They have every other trait any other collectible has, and can actually be used to boot. It's probably not a bad time to get out though. Shit is insane, but it will get worse.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

Prices aint going down. Some have leveled for sure, but some games will keep rising. Like the games mentioned in this thread. I don't know why everyone insists there will be some sort of crash. Gaming gets more popular every year, and there will always be dumb asses with too much to spend. Just like baseball cards and comics. People won't even care if Theyre functional in 50 years. They'll buy the original and set it on a desk and look at why they play the game on their pi. Being interactive media, they hold a stronger hold on someone than a baseball card. You can not only look at them on a shelf, but play them, listen to them, and experience them. They have every other trait any other collectible has, and can actually be used to boot. It's probably not a bad time to get out though. Shit is insane, but it will get worse.

Mikebloke

n00b
Not particularly rare or expensive I guess but in the 90's when I was a child and poor I traded CIB and perfect condition copies of Zelda 2 (which I could never understand) and Pac Man (which my mum played to death) for £1 each so I could buy Super Metroid for £6.99, again CIB. Prices fetch about £120-150 now here, probably the most valuable SNES game I own.

This is why I'm grabbing all the 1st and 2nd generation games as soon as I can, these are the types of games I actually enjoy to play and do play. Emulation is available sure, but the feels aren't there except for on the real thing. I'm debating on whether to even mod the consoles for composite/RGB/HDMI, part of me wants to keep them as intended, even if it does look horrible.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
You live in the U.K. get a scart crt on the cheap and enjoy the rgb goodness

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The only 'holy grail' has to be Chrono Trigger and even then why bloody bother when SD2SNES exists.

#grailsnolonger

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
The only 'holy grail' has to be Chrono Trigger and even then why bloody bother when SD2SNES exists.

#grailsnolonger

I remember a time when chrono and the competition carts were the only games over $100.00.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There's nothing either grail or flash cart, but thinking makes it so. On the other hand, I think therefore I am. Ah, well...