Predicting the crash of Neo Geo prices

When will Neo Geo games drop in value?

• Total voters

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Comparing thousand+ year old mummies with video games, I'm truly living in the new age.

But think about it. Especially the most important games for their worth as games and fame for their market value.
The world has turned several times since the mummies died. A well made, well though out museum dedicated to electronic devices in 50 years time I think will be a much visited venue.
Won't be long before the V&A has one of those early Macs on display

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Its a fair point.

We have museums for trains and vintage motors, Museums for war stuff from WW1 etc.

Why not have a museum for video games in 50-100 years?

When we have wireless VR like the Star Trek holo deck people will be like “holy shit people used to play blocky games on tiny little boxes with these cartridge things!?”

I watched a thing on TV the other day when they give a 5 year old a NES, a CRT and a game.
The comments and amazement was quite something.

“This console is atleast 100 years old”
Looks at the TV “What the hell is this!?”
Looks at the wired controller “How does this connect to bluetooth!?”

Pretty funny really.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Before this year, the last time I bought any Neo Geo games was 2015. In the space of those three years, it seems that just about everything has gone up in price.

The very first MVS game I ever bought was Super Dodge Ball in a complete kit. It cost around $120 including shipping from Italy in 2005. That same kit is on eBay now with a buy it now price of like $800. A loose Magician Lord MVS cart goes for like $150 now. All the late release blue label MVS games go for insane prices now.

I suppose there could be a crash, but since I began buying Neo Geo in 2005, I've only watched prices increase. Also, I've observed that the community is much, much more accepting of illegitimate carts now, like it or not. To me, that indicates that the demand for these games is on overdrive right now.

10 years from now, maybe it will be different. I don't see a crash in Neo Geo collectibility anytime soon though .

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
People never get sick of buying antique shit and they never will.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
They will drop as soon as the next big recession hits and dumbfucks need to sell off their games to keep the lights on.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Maybe when we all start dying off there'll be a small drop in the market, but I feel like high prices for most of this stuff is here to stay.

I used to shake my head at flashcarts, then prices for used shit went insane. I'd tell anyone just getting into collecting to buy a NeoSD. Play all the games, at a fraction of the cost, without the headaches from bootlegs and conversions.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
They will drop as soon as the next big recession hits and dumbfucks need to sell off their games to keep the lights on.

Broke AF plebs. They should all get better paying jobs and learn how to save a dollar instead of wanting to be the next Metal Jebus with their plastic / insert hoarding. Priorities.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Broke AF plebs. They should all get better paying jobs and learn how to save a dollar instead of wanting to be the next Metal Jebus with their plastic / insert hoarding. Priorities.

Spoken like a true executive... :keke:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Bitches ain’t got nothing on our complete sets :tickled: :-J :keke: :vik::eek_2: :thevt::cool:

ascot_mens_fashion.jpg

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Probably halfway soon. Considering there is a company making feasible arcade cabinets. Meaning cabinets that are cheap enough, light enough, and doesn't take up too much space. There are already setups like pandoras box that give you a shit ton of arcade games on something that looks like a control panel. As far as I know most of the neo games are on it. Combine the two together and why would the normal collectards (not the big ballers) keep buying neo games if that's way more affordable and ready to go?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
every commodity you purchase is a piece of your own death.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Bump - are the games cheap yet?