MVH 1 slot z80 error (neo geo jingle?)

MRTjamma

n00b
Hiya, i've been trying to diagnose the z80 error on my motherboard and noticed I could get it to boot my 161 in 1 cart if left turned off for a few hours and then proceeding to turn it back on. Switching games on the cart does not work, simply will just give me the z80 error again. Game audio is non existent however the Neo Geo startup jingle does play within specific parts of the game i've been testing (Top Hunter) such as the area loading screen. I assume it is trying to call on some specific sound but just outputs the Neo Geo startup music in it's place. tried samurai shodown 2 and some sound effects do make their way through whilst the neo geo jingle becomes activated, most notably the vocals for the special moves
Has anyone ran into something like this before? Not too sure how I would go about fixing this.
Cart was tested and works as it should on other motherboards.

edit: ended up removing casing, z80 and 2610 seem okay visually however i noticed some problems with the tracing, not sure if it would relate to me hearing some samples and not the full audio

1.jpg2.jpg

Cheers

Last edited: