Bushiden

Carless Walker

Kabuki Klasher
Looks neat. Has the Ikaruga polarity thing going on around 0:45. Art style is on point. I'll consider picking it up when released in 2062.

Paiku

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks for the kind words in regards to the art! I'm actually responsible for this area :)

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Looks cool. It's very Strider-ish.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The delving beams over glowing bottoms at 1:11 remind me of certain sections in Taromaru. A lot of Strider there, too.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Thanks for the kind words in regards to the art! I'm actually responsible for this area :)

I love how there are six more posts after this one, where a guy claims to be working on the game, and no one responds to the guy.

Dude talk some more about this game and what you're doing on it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Success rate of software kickstarter titles is pretty damn low.

both in delivery and quality.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I just can't get excited about new games made in this old style.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Same but this is like training for some people if they get recognition here they can keep working independently and avoid working for a shit gaming company that just puts you behind a desk all day and barely gives you money or accolades.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I like the attack system for allowing a sort of subjective layer for how to play. It probably feels good to figure out different ways to defeat the same area more efficiently with the combo options.

. . . I think paiku revealed a short teaser for this a couple years ago. . . his posts have always been tops. If he just opened his mouth about a kickstarter for something he's been working on for years, he probably has a reasonable grasp of timeframes. Give him a few % chance in his favor for coming through with the game. :vik:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
looks amazing. i usually don't care for these modern retro inspired download only titles, but i really want this.

Paiku

Crazed MVS Addict
I love how there are six more posts after this one, where a guy claims to be working on the game, and no one responds to the guy.

Dude talk some more about this game and what you're doing on it.

Well it started from just doing a bunch of fun mockups on my own. At one point I was actually in contact with NGDEV, with the intent of make it a NEO project. Long story short that didn't happen b/c of Kraut Buster taking... how many years has it been?

So around a year ago I got together with a programmer and a composer. And here we are now! It's gone from what was supposed to be a straight forward action game to more of a exploration type game with focus on combat. Not sure what to add, but feel free to ask any questions.

Paiku

Crazed MVS Addict
Definitely something we want to do as a stretch goal. It's tough though because of the cost of porting the game.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I'm completely fine with exploration. What I'm tired of seeing (and which leads me to skip any game that has it) is slapping "rogue" / "procedurally generated maps" shit in the mix (check Wizards of Legend and Dead Cells).

PS: Backed this game on day one.