Capitalistix's Collection/Media Room

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Hey y'all, I saw such cool collections in here so I finally got around to taking some pics of my gameroom. Moved around a lot as a young adult which meant selling a bunch of stuff I wish I hadnt had to, many times. Im finally at a stable enough position to where these things have a forever home. Im glad I was able to hold on to some stuff from childhood like some of the NES games. I used to play Battletoads and Kirby with my mom and it fills me with joy that I was able to hang on to them this long. While Ive had Neo AES stuff, sold it, got it again, and sold it. One thing Ive never given up since finding back in high school was the NGPC. I love this little sucker. I used to use its alarm function to wake up for high school, so its my one piece of SNK hardware here that really means something to me. I normally have about 6 consoles on that entertainment center, but Ive been moving them around between my bedroom and this game room so I havent finalized which ones will be there for good. They all run to a SCART switch then to a Framemeister which has an HDMI cord running all the way up the wall and back to a shelf on the wall behind the couch. It goes into an AV reciever to split off the audio toward the Sony tower speakers via bluetooth. The video then runs to an Epson projector.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Wow, seems like a lot of Ikea in there and why is that one shelf covering the bottom left corner of window? Anyway, it looks comfy and the idea with a black corner in-between white shelves is interesting. Nice!

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Wow, seems like a lot of Ikea in there and why is that one shelf covering the bottom left corner of window? Anyway, it looks comfy and the idea with a black corner in-between white shelves is interesting. Nice!

Haha, yeah, as with everything in my life its definitely a work in progress. As such, constraints and concessions have had to be made like the black shelf moved to cover that window. However, that window is never used at all and the blinds remain closed. Though it isnt aesthetically pleasing I already had the couch covering part of that window anyways. Unfortunately the big factor with a setup like this is the projector, once that was set up, every other addition had to dependent on that thing's location. Hopefully in my next house I'll be able to pick a room out better and setup for future growth in mind. As for the ikea, its functional and has a modern look to it. Between game collecting, gun collecting and having a passion for working on basketcase cars and bikes, my pocketbook had to take a break somewhere haha