Debris Infinity released on Nintendo Switch

Setsuna1982

World Her,
My game Debris Infinity have been just released on the American eShop for $4.99 (Europe and Australia will follow later, September 25th)

If you liked Geometry Wars you should enjoy this one.

Here's a trailer:

I'm not asking you to buy it, just general impresions. And if you do buy it, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Being neo-geo.com I won't be surprised by HARSH comments but you know what Ed Wood said...

d2f9b969b46766384dfe9baec99964ca.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
No matter if it's good or bad, I'm proud of you, genuinely. You made something, it's out there, people will experience it, even if it's terrible maybe at least one kid will grow up and might think of this game from their childhood. Congratulations to you.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I wont play it but good on you for making it and getting it to a point where it's being sold. A+ for effort.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
No matter if it's good or bad, I'm proud of you, genuinely. You made something, it's out there, people will experience it, even if it's terrible maybe at least one kid will grow up and might think of this game from their childhood. Congratulations to you.

It's not "the game of my dreams" by any means, but I wanted to create something and get experience for the whole process, from planning, to release. And boy, did I learn things along the way. I just wanted to make something that feels good, plays good and, most importat of all, I could finish (even though games are never truly finished... you always want to tweak things).

Thanks for the support.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm amazed, and you're officially added to the list of people I'm jealous of.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Congratulations and good luck!
What would you ideally like to make in terms of videogames?

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Congrats, the game looks good. I will take a look tonight!

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Congratulations and good luck!
What would you ideally like to make in terms of videogames?

Hard, intense, skill-based action. Games you must earn your advance and you feel rewarded in a world that likes to have stupid fun for the shake of it... I guess I could call that "Treasure-like".

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Bought it and played for about 1/2 hour. I am currently #3 on the leaderboard (Lord Idiot)! I love Geometry Wars so this is right up my alley.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Scooped this up. Awesome game. Still learning the ropes, but have really enjoyed what I've played so far.

Excellent job man!

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Thanks a lot guys :)

I'm planning an update where I'll try to add some features requested: Zen mode (no hud or text of any kind), better rumble, change the circle jud transparency, a toggle to have sound when firing bullets, friends filter to leaderboards... Also there's a small bug in the Game Mode screen that doesn't show your world rank correctly if you are ranked out of the Top 100 (already corrected, I was reading the value from the wrong variable)

Do you have any comment or suggestion?

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I have a couple of suggestions. When I break up a bigger 'asteriod', anyway to show down the trajectory for just a split second so I can see where the rocks are going and dodge accordingly.

The other ones are the waves are a bit too similar to GW2. I don't mind too much but really want to see what unique waves you can come up with. Maybe for the sequel! :)

I really like this game btw, although my rank has been bumped over the weekend.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I have a couple of suggestions. When I break up a bigger 'asteriod', anyway to show down the trajectory for just a split second so I can see where the rocks are going and dodge accordingly.

The other ones are the waves are a bit too similar to GW2. I don't mind too much but really want to see what unique waves you can come up with. Maybe for the sequel! :)

I really like this game btw, although my rank has been bumped over the weekend.

After playing Nier:automata a lots of ideas came to include to "Power Wave", or perhaps a new "adventure mode" with different levels, but that is indeed quite the change. I had in mind prototyping that because, as you mentioned, it's maybe suited for a sequel with that kind of gameplay in mind from the start.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
At the moment, no real requests as far as functionality goes. All of my complaints thus far can be chalked up to me still sucking at the game. Just stoked to play a game created by an OG member here. :)

What else do you have in the pipeline, in terms of games you're working on (if you're at liberty to say)?

Setsuna1982

World Her,
At the moment, no real requests as far as functionality goes. All of my complaints thus far can be chalked up to me still sucking at the game. Just stoked to play a game created by an OG member here. :)

What else do you have in the pipeline, in terms of games you're working on (if you're at liberty to say)?

I'm prototyping a few ideas. What I would like is a 2.5D action game, hard but fair to the player, but that will take time and money. So far I'm quite satisfied with some stuff I've tried, having the feel nailed is a priority when working on a budget: You can't afford to waste money in unused assets.

A more "cheap" and easier project would be an adventure-like game, light on dialog and with a "personal artstyle". Again, budget forces you to look more for a strong style rather than expensive stuff... Something with "show, don't tell" in mind, I feel those kind of games feel rewarding when you figure out things without being told to you. Lore is nicer when it's not written in text.

Couldn't be more different one concept from another. Maybe I could mix them up? lol

PS: A Daytona/Outrun2 style game is a childhood dream too, lol

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hey, congratulations -- awesome work, man! Very exciting. Yeah, I will absolutely pick this up as soon as I get a Switch, which is looking to be not too long from now.