Laseractive PAC-S10 Battery question

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
I am prepping to recap my PAC-S10 SEGA module, and on the Console 5 website it seems to be recommended to change the battery as well.
They recommend adding a horizontal battery holder but to the bottom of the unit rather than the top of the board.

Has anyone done this repair/modification? I don't know why they recommend it go on the underside as it seems there would be plenty of space on the top (I could be wrong)

Also the battery Holder they sell only has 2 pin while the origin uses 3, with of the 2 positive terminals would I solder the one pin into? or does it even matter?

Thanks in advance

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I just purchased a replacement battery identical to the stock one and mounted it in the same location.

AE59F204-5C3D-4A2D-B49E-F56B5F5C1200.jpeg

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Also the battery Holder they sell only has 2 pin while the origin uses 3
no offense, but you may want to consider working on a system that is less expensive. This is a pretty big project I'm worried when I see a question like this :/

If youre determined to start at the deep end and possibly be like me (I broke a Laseractive over 15 years ago being a n00b) you can find all the details for this work on my website.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm pretty sure he fixed this a long time ago, I seem to recall him posting on FB that he had successfully refurbed the PAC.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Ah, good to hear. I guess it's not like the old days anymore when progress would always be posted on the forums. I miss 00s :(