New AES cart reprints announced!!

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Ironclad is a solid game but you got to reach a little higher. Why Reprint Ironclad when you could Reprint Pulstar or Blazing Star.

Because those two games are overrated garbage? :P

Also this retrobit reprint thing seems fake af

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
It's a cool idea, but it's purely for the shelf queen collectards.

Wanna play on original hardware? NeoSD
Want to get goosebumps as you insert a piece of plastic into a console? NeoSD
Want flashy things on your shelf to impress "girls"? These shitty repros.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Will these be actual ROM carts or a flash frankenstein?

Would it affect the way a game played/functioned over an original? Come to think of it, how would compatibility be like with unibios?

I honestly thought this was a troll thread at first. This is awesome. And I imagine if things go well we would see further releases.

With this and the new Samurai Spirits, its like if SNK is showing signs of life...I'm excited to see where things go.

24-bit

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I just clicked the snk link and the file was pulled. Fake?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I don't know how I feel about this. I could see this being a disaster with cheap shitty boards printed from China.

meh.

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
If it happens I will but MOTW. What I find interesting is why they wouldnt go the cheaper road and re press Cds. I know the CD system isn't the go to, but why not. Maybe continue where the left off?

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
I am a MVS guy, seeing this makes me consider getting an AES for shits and giggles, I just wish they were planning on making more than 6 carts. It all boils down to what games they do plan on releasing however.

If they were to release Samurai V Special, you know all kinds of shit will hit the fan.(I have a feeling this will happen)

The one thing to keep in mind is that Retrobit stuff generally is a (very) far cry in quality from original releases, the plastic is usually not as dense, and their circuit boards are very minimalistic making them feel cheap and flimsy. Its possible that this might not be the case with these but its certainly something you need to keep in mind before you are ready to clunk down 2 hundos of your well earned cheddar.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'm more interested in knowing if their pcb design choices deviate from the model of the 120/161 in 1 carts or the atomikwave/nci releases. If they don't, you're in a for a real treat.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm pretty sure they will deviate from this kof 97 http://www.mvs-scans.com/images/e/e1/Kof97_bootleg2_b1_front.jpg

I am a MVS guy, seeing this makes me consider getting an AES for shits and giggles, I just wish they were planning on making more than 6 carts. It all boils down to what games they do plan on releasing however.

If they were to release Samurai V Special, you know all kinds of shit will hit the fan.(I have a feeling this will happen)

The one thing to keep in mind is that Retrobit stuff generally is a (very) far cry in quality from original releases, the plastic is usually not as dense, and their circuit boards are very minimalistic making them feel cheap and flimsy. Its possible that this might not be the case with these but its certainly something you need to keep in mind before you are ready to clunk down 2 hundos of your well earned cheddar.

And that all the stuff they will make has already been done by Atomikwave in a far better quality, will be done again by me for some other titles, and that they were done with some real love for the community behind and not with the sole objective to fill up their paypal accounts.

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Would it affect the way a game played/functioned over an original? Come to think of it, how would compatibility be like with unibios?

It should be identical. There's parallel flash now that responds quicker than any of those old mask ROMs.

Look at this guy, for example:
https://www.digikey.com/product-det...29GL01GS10TFI020/S29GL01GS10TFI020-ND/3862817

That's a 128MByte chip that responds to random accesses in 100ns. Granted, it needs level-shifters for a 5v system, but TI says their 74LVC series can do that in 5ns or so. Google tells me the Neo-Geo C ROMs need to respond in 200ns.

So it should be trivial to have enough memory and meet all the original timing requirements, meaning the cartridge would be functionally identical.

I don't know how I feel about this. I could see this being a disaster with cheap shitty boards printed from China.

meh.

We're not talking about anything especially high-tech any more.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
We're not talking about anything especially high-tech any more.

yeah, I mean these are just official repros … which is fine if it's what the people want. I could just see some dingus trying to sell it for the OG price in the future. Fuck, this is why I got out of the game.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm more interested in knowing if their pcb design choices deviate from the model of the 120/161 in 1 carts or the atomikwave/nci releases. If they don't, you're in a for a real treat.

I had the same thoughts. I mean $200 sounds nice to the consumer but what’s inside? If it’s chinese made, probably a PCB with those black epoxy blobs.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
If it happens I will but MOTW. What I find interesting is why they wouldnt go the cheaper road and re press Cds. I know the CD system isn't the go to, but why not. Maybe continue where the left off?

Because no one gives a shit about the Neo Cd.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Watch this end up like that new SNES Cartridge release of Double dragon that doesn't even run on real hardware. I'm cautiously optimistic, but this could go wrong on so, SO many levels. subscribing to this thread.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Why would anyone want a Street Fighter 2 reprint? You could buy a Original Street fighter 2 turbo cart for like $10 bucks. The reason why no one has one is because no one bought one outside of a few idiot collectards.

Retrobit didn’t do the Street Fighter release, that was Iam8Bit.

I did just get their Holy Diver release for the NES which was really well done. Well made, well packaged. They didn’t translate it but they did add a cheat code. Odd since I have a copy on a multicart and it’s he translated rom lol.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
This leaked on Discord today:

ZGEipST.jpg

Apparently due to overwhelming demand of people wanting to play Genesis games on the Neo Geo, SNK decided to cave and license these games from Sega.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I get the sneaking suspicion that is just a hoax conducted by none other than the Immortal John Hancock and Metal Jesus - we fucked with the wrong guys!!! :(

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Oh, I think the 6 games will be:

Metal Slug
Garou MOTW
Samurai Sprits 5 Special (or whatever the fuck the last one is called)
Blazing Star
KOF ‘98 (or maybe ‘02)
Neoturfmasters

neo_mao

15 Year Member
It's a cool idea, but it's purely for the shelf queen collectards.

Wanna play on original hardware? NeoSD
Want to get goosebumps as you insert a piece of plastic into a console? NeoSD
Want flashy things on your shelf to impress "girls"? These shitty repros.

Oh yeah and fuck the NEOSD and everdrives and all that crap! Reprints for life!!!

I haven’t been this excited for stuff since Labo!!!!