New AES cart reprints announced!!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Wow. I've never purchased any of those retro bit NES snes carts but this is great news especially for the people who never got a chance to buy the original carts a long time ago at regular price. I sold most of my carts but just might jump back in at these prices.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Oh, I almost forgot: Sell that shit, buy a neosd.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Definitely interested in seeing what actually is going into these from a hardware perspective. Will you even be able to get these on pre-order? I imagine the scalpers bots are waiting with baited breath

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
These will be flash chips like NGDevTeam. They should do some games that never came to AES like Shock Troopers.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm not surprised by this. It was just a matter of time. Well played SNK.
However, I don't believe this will have an impact on the prices for original AES carts.

Let's hope they won't be lazy and actually bring us some of the unreleased ROMs.
Hell even some some sort of compilation cart would be fine with me. Finally being able to play Last Odyssey would be dope.

I agree. It was just a matter of time. I'm surprised it took this long.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I would buy carts of Ironclad and Ghostlop, considering the carts I have now are bootlegs.

I would also love unreleased games like Lost Odyssey and Fun Fun Brothers, but I don't think the owners have the roms anymore. Tracking them down and releasing them would be the classiest thing SNK could do. It's not going to happen.

Leback

Stakes Winner
Very interesting! But as mr_b said, wonder how many carts will be manufactured? Did anyone here get hold of one of the Street Fighter 2 reprints for the snes?

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Very cool. I hope these turn out well. Wonder if they’ll try making new consoles/controllers too.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Very interesting! But as mr_b said, wonder how many carts will be manufactured? Did anyone here get hold of one of the Street Fighter 2 reprints for the snes?

Why would anyone want a Street Fighter 2 reprint? You could buy a Original Street fighter 2 turbo cart for like $10 bucks. The reason why no one has one is because no one bought one outside of a few idiot collectards.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Why would anyone want a Street Fighter 2 reprint? You could buy a Original Street fighter 2 turbo cart for like $10 bucks. The reason why no one has one is because no one bought one outside of a few idiot collectards.

Also they where Ports.
Now if Capcom wanted to KO the scene (they won't but this is just fantasy football) they would rerelease the CPSPlayer and rerelease the CPS1 carts

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Also they where Ports.
Now if Capcom wanted to KO the scene (they won't but this is just fantasy football) they would rerelease the CPSPlayer and rerelease the CPS1 carts

Yea, now you're reaching for the stars.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Have you thought that MAYBE

just MAYBE

I actually genuinely enjoy playing Ironclad? CONSIDER IT

Ironclad is a solid game but you got to reach a little higher. Why Reprint Ironclad when you could Reprint Pulstar or Blazing Star.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Yea, now you're reaching for the stars.

Definetly
What wouldn't be reaching for the stars but maybe the clouds, would be an neosd type thing for the CPS Changer. But next to noone owns one. I dont

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Ironclad is a solid game but you got to reach a little higher. Why Reprint Ironclad when you could Reprint Pulstar or Blazing Star.

But those weren't unreleased on cart format until ROM files were extracted from a Wii release and bootleg carts were made. Retro! Rare! Limited run! Brah, I just like what I like, brahs.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
If this is actually legit, I'll be shocked.

Release Kinuza Euro Carts. Do it.

Oh and fucking Ninja Masters.

Last edited:

Leback

Stakes Winner

Fair enough!

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Is that real? Or a very late or early April Fools joke?

If real how good will the build quality, printing and stuff like that be???

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
All three are valid. Since Ironclad was never released on cart, that makes all three of them scarce. Ironclad may be the weakest game of the bunch, but it's a good game.