Rondo of Blood & Symphony of the Night collection incoming

saner

Krauser's Henchman
The games play pretty well and you can take up the whole screen from top to bottom and change the borders to black. It looks good doing it too. I turned on the scanlines and that's it. I've played a couple hours of Rondo and I don't see anything wrong with it. Best version I've played apart from the original. Yes, there aren't any bells or whistles outside of the game, but the games themselves are still great. I'm a huge Castlevania fan though so I don't need much of an excuse to go through them again. Sprinkle on some trophy whoring and I'm all set. $15.99 with PS plus to boot.

WHOA! it also stretching and full screen display! I hate borders whether there's wallpaper or not. I always play ACA fullscreen instead of 4:3.

yea with ADK Damashii, dont have a choice, current only way to play Aggressors of Dark Kombat on PS4 in NA region (until the store gets the Hamster ACA version localized in NA, like its currently on HK and Switch.) so playing it in original aspect ratio is standard and tolerable.

though yea the Castlevania collection is no rush since I already played it like crazy on PSP, and while Maria SOTN mode on PS4 is awesome and sure beats playing Maria SOTN on small screen, I have higher priorities and games to save up for. itll probably get further discounts as new games arrive, and when Bloodstained ROTN arrives, Konami will probably reduce the requiem collection down more to complete.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
If any one is interested mylifeingaming did a comparison video.

Soundwave GI

Rugal's Thug
If any one is interested mylifeingaming did a comparison video.

I checked this out. It was really interesting. Sounds like you can play in the full screen (4:3) mode on PS4 without affecting the image of the default mode. Sounds like the best way to play Rondo apart from the original hardware (or wiiware, which is no longer available). Thanks for the link.

Leback

Stakes Winner
I played through SOTN ps1 on my ps2 a month ago. Thinking about getting the collection to play Rondo of blood, never played it before.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I got this today. Not a purist so the sounds being different aren't a big deal, but one thing that bothers the shit outta me is the minor audio bits that come through the ps4 controllers speaker. I get small things like when you level up or maybe even die. But every time you get a heart? Or when the flea men jump? What the fuck is the point of that??!

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn that shit off, so if it's just me missing something please educate me on it.