Playstation classic anounced

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
But, but, but... the higher resolution? Plus you'll perform up to 20% better at any shoot'em-up. With the additional bars you'll have a real 16:9 feeling, too. All exceptional advantages!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm perfectly fine with my PSone with the OEM screen on it. Fuck this piece of shit.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Pal is way superior to NTSC.O wait, this isn't the war room.

-SD-

Camel Slug

So it turns out both the RAM and 16GB flash memory chip are all end-of-life components. Sony would have gotten deal of the week on those parts... they really did this as cheaply as possible.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Well, no... combined with having such a shitty cpu that can only run some games at 50Hz, and badly at that. It’s a complete shambles. It’s not even worth hacking the thing, you’dbe better off with near enough any other single board computer.

Interestingly enough, if you plug in a keyboard and hit escape it brings up a small options menu for the emulator. You can enable scanlines apparently.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You can probably get a used ps1 and a huge collection of old games for under $100 so this just looks like a cash grab to me, allowing Sony to sell you more digital copies of Final Fantasy Tactics and SotN.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Well, no... combined with having such a shitty cpu that can only run some games at 50Hz, and badly at that. It’s a complete shambles. It’s not even worth hacking the thing, you’dbe better off with near enough any other single board computer.

Interestingly enough, if you plug in a keyboard and hit escape it brings up a small options menu for the emulator. You can enable scanlines apparently.

Apparently you can set the 50hz games to 60hz to.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
You can probably get a used ps1 and a huge collection of old games for under $100 so this just looks like a cash grab to me, allowing Sony to sell you more digital copies of Final Fantasy Tactics and SotN.

Most ideal setup to me seems to be ps1 with PSIO which plays games from hdd. Real hardware, all the benefits of this type of devise.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I guess guys still haven't figured out that these mini consoles are bullshit toys and not to be taken seriously. Did people expect Sony to make a high quality product with all the bells and whistles?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Plug a keyboard into the PS Classic and hit escape. Boom. Options. Including region and frame skip.

I guess guys still haven't figured out that these mini consoles are bullshit toys and not to be taken seriously. Did people expect Sony to make a high quality product with all the bells and whistles?

Disagree. The Nintendo ones have amazing picture quality.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Plug a keyboard into the PS Classic and hit escape. Boom. Options. Including region and frame skip.

Disagree. The Nintendo ones have amazing picture quality.

It does but it's still a toy.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Ok, so this is getting a little nerdy, but still interesting to see the difference in controller construction...

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I opted to cancel my preorder for this before it shipped. I liked the SNES Mini, but the PS Classic just didn't seem anywhere near the emulation quality or game selection. I'll probably pick one up if it ever has a price drop, but I can't see myself dropping a hundred only for this to end up a shelf queen.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
This truly is a situation that you'd be better off building a PI machine for this. Get a housing printed of the PS1 system itself.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I tapped out on this gladly. I just realized since I still have my OG PSOne system with almost all those games cuz lol Rainbow 6 that I saw no point in buying this. Well at least you can hook the controllers to a PC so i guess if you wanna blow a hundred bucks on two controllers.