Playstation classic anounced

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
Even IF those games had been included, they are still missing many great games.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Ah gotcha. Is it expensive?

Not particularly compared to other similar products.
Its more of a pain in the ass though as it only works with the older gen PSX with the data port and you have to solder a small switchboard into the console for it to work.

So sadly not plug and play.

But its meant to have very good compatibility and a good community backing it with active devs.

Leback

Stakes Winner
Sony should have included a bigger hd and included 40 games instead. Sure it would be more expensive, but not a dealbreaker.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
To be fair, I remember the PS1 version like the PS Classic.

Leback

Stakes Winner
It's a mystery they included a game like Toshinden when it could have been Soul Edge.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
That Snes Classic comparison is insane. Sony have lost the plot putting this steaming turd out to market. Still no PS1 games on PS4 either.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You could probably get the PS1 classic to run the same as the SNES one if you played with the emulator settings a bit. They're probably running the exact same software but with different settings enabled.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You could probably get the PS1 classic to run the same as the SNES one if you played with the emulator settings a bit. They're probably running the exact same software but with different settings enabled.

This actually turned out not to be true. I messed around with a PS Classic and the settings you can play with in the secret menu are very sparse compared to Retroarch on the SNES where you can play with every little setting. You can make the PS look slightly better by turning on scanlines but it still isn't great. A lot of those games do run a lot better by loading up the NTSC ISOs though.