Sportsball (US/Canada team sports) thread

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Good run for the bunch of jerks but the Bs were just a buzzsaw. Hopefully whoever comes out of the West can beat them. Because fuck Boston.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Good run for the bunch of jerks but the Bs were just a buzzsaw. Hopefully whoever comes out of the West can beat them. Because fuck Boston.

Rask was incredible, I paid good money to watch him shut my boys down twice in a row and still got nothing but respect. Still fuck marchand though.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
These Stanley Cup playoffs been crazy. Islanders sweep Pens, Canes sweep Isles, Bruins sweep Canes.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
These Stanley Cup playoffs been crazy. Islanders sweep Pens, Canes sweep Isles, Bruins sweep Canes.

The constant in the 2019 NHL playoffs is that the refs have been inconsistent and MVP'd games. It's okay that the caps lost, even though I thought they were robbed, but then it kept happening in other series. Really bad stuff. The NHL won't survive if the refereeing isn't fixed.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The constant in the 2019 NHL playoffs is that the refs have been inconsistent and MVP'd games. It's okay that the caps lost, even though I thought they were robbed, but then it kept happening in other series. Really bad stuff. The NHL won't survive if the refereeing isn't fixed.

The NHL will survive. It's doing better than it ever has and as bad as the refs have been this postseason, NHL refs still shit all over NBA, NFL, or MLB refs. And those three leagues are fine too.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The NHL will survive. It's doing better than it ever has and as bad as the refs have been this postseason, NHL refs still shit all over NBA, NFL, or MLB refs. And those three leagues are fine too.

sweet opinion dude.

famicommander

15 Year Member
sweet opinion dude.
The facts are the facts. TV revenues are up, attendance is up, franchise values are up, the 31st team is a success and they are expanding to 32.

If the NHL survived losing a whole damn season to labor/management disputes there's no way one postseason of shitty calls is going to sink it. Get real.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The facts are the facts. TV revenues are up, attendance is up, franchise values are up, the 31st team is a success and they are expanding to 32.

If the NHL survived losing a whole damn season to labor/management disputes there's no way one postseason of shitty calls is going to sink it. Get real.

You’re talking like the upswing isn’t in the wake of the down. Bettman and the refs have been trying to make franchises in warm weather cities work like putting polar bears in the dessert, desperately hoping this time wont be like the Thrashers. But those teams are still giving out tickets for free and people are still not filling the seats.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Went to a baseball game yesterday. Haven't been to one in over 20 years. We ended up leaving around the 4th inning, it was boring.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Went to a baseball game yesterday. Haven't been to one in over 20 years. We ended up leaving around the 4th inning, it was boring.

Baseball is boring. The equivalent of watching flies burn out on a porch lamp.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

Yup thats why you get drunk and try to catch dingers. I usually leave after the 7th.

Cubs game 7 was entertaining though. There will never be a better baseball game..ever

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
It’s going to be a long season gentlemen. Nick Foles injured already the universe wants up to lose.
Could be worst Miami got crushed by the Ravens.

famicommander

15 Year Member
God the Rockies are depressing.

Trying to convince myself Flacco's not washed up.

The Outlaws (MLL) are in first place with four games to go. Semifinals and finals are in Denver this year so hopes are high.

Bombers (CFL) also in first but their best players are dropping like flies.

Avs season soon.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Haven't seen the Browns play yet, but I did see that they lost big to Titans. I watched Bills pull one off against the Jets, also happy that BYU won.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Sun Devils won but didn't look good. They'll get crushed at Michigan State next week.
D-Backs lost but have won 12 of 14 and are 1 1/2 out of the wildcard.
Rams did everything to throw their game away at Carolina but still won.
Cardinals finally woke up in the 4th and played the Lions to a tie (first week of the NFL and we already have a tie!!!)
Less than a month away for the Coyotes season starts ;)

famicommander

15 Year Member
Antonio Brown is so much crazier than we knew:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/a...awsuits-accusations-sexual-midconduct-assault

Recap:
-one woman accusing him of 3 instances of sexual assault including forcible rape
-another woman accusing him of not paying for a painting she made of him at a charity auction for children, hiring her to paint a mural at her home and then sexually harassing her and not paying her
-several chefs, valets, personal assistants, doctors, trainers, and potential business partners are owed several thousand dollars each by Brown
-pushing his child's mother down causing a cut on her arm
-throwing cologne and lotion bottles at his other child's mother
-throwing furniture out of an apartment window in a fit of rage almost hitting random people passing by
-making continuous bogus calls to the police claiming people broke into his house or stole his cars
-repeatedly calling white people crackers and women bitches
-threatening to punch his boss to get fired from the Raiders
-not giving the mothers of his children enough money to take care of them or reimbursing them
-two more domestic disturbances without specific details revealed other than that his girlfriend decided not to press charges in the end
-basically imploded the Steelers because he got called out for being lazy running routes
-the helmet drama
-the frostbite on his feet drama

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Antonio Brown is so much crazier than we knew:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/a...awsuits-accusations-sexual-midconduct-assault

Recap:
-one woman accusing him of 3 instances of sexual assault including forcible rape
-another woman accusing him of not paying for a painting she made of him at a charity auction for children, hiring her to paint a mural at her home and then sexually harassing her and not paying her
-several chefs, valets, personal assistants, doctors, trainers, and potential business partners are owed several thousand dollars each by Brown
-pushing his child's mother down causing a cut on her arm
-throwing cologne and lotion bottles at his other child's mother
-throwing furniture out of an apartment window in a fit of rage almost hitting random people passing by
-making continuous bogus calls to the police claiming people broke into his house or stole his cars
-repeatedly calling white people crackers and women bitches
-threatening to punch his boss to get fired from the Raiders
-not giving the mothers of his children enough money to take care of them or reimbursing them
-two more domestic disturbances without specific details revealed other than that his girlfriend decided not to press charges in the end
-basically imploded the Steelers because he got called out for being lazy running routes
-the helmet drama
-the frostbite on his feet drama

I honestly was excited about getting AB during the offseason. Just thought maybe Pittsburg was just a toxic environment. But after everything that has unfolded, I'm glad he's out of the team now. And it didn't cost us more than I think a 3rd and 5th round pick so worth taking the risk. But the man is a head case on another level. Crazy that they were able to keep all of this on the down low.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I think they're going to find very serious case of CTE on Antonio Brown after he passes away.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
News coming out today that AB sent some intimidating text messages, including pictures of the woman's kids, to try to scare the one artist girl he tried to talk to with a washcloth on his dong.

He's more like Marvin Harrison than just a typical nutty diva receiver at this point. The NFL is going to have to put him on the Commissioner's ineligible list at this point.

IMO it's highly likely that both the Steelers and Raiders knew more about his behavior than they let on. Reminds me of the Kellen Winslow thing almost.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Patriots cut him. They look exquisitely stupid in all this, but this is a little better than waiting.

Dude is gonna be Ray Rice-level persona non grata in the NFL, and he'll be lucky to stay out of prison. Nice to see people get what they deserve sometimes.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Thank you broncos we needed that one. Tied for the division baby let’s go.

famicommander

15 Year Member
That's twice this year Flacco has scored with less than 2 minutes on the clock to put the Broncos ahead, only for the prevent defense to give it away.

Thank god it's almost Avs season.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Went to the first Avs game on Thursday night. They won 5-3, it was awesome.

Just got home from the Denver Outlaws vs Boston Cannons in the MLL Semifinal. The Outlaws won 17-15, and they move onto the championship game Sunday at 1:00PM Eastern.

The game is on ESPN2 but I'll be there in person. Hopefully they pull it out. It will be the first time I've gotten to see one of my teams win a championship in person if they do.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Holy shit, last night’s Habs vs. Leafs game was incredible.
2nd period starts off with Leafs leading 4-1, and the Habs score 4 straight goals in the 3rd. This game had everything, a penalty shot, crazy goaltending, thrown sticks, it was insane. A very entertaining and exciting game.
Habs win 6-5 in a ridiculous shootout. Great stuff.