Sportsball (US/Canada team sports) thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Baseball season is winding down fast, NHL season starts October 4, NBA season October 18 (at least those are the first Avs and Nuggets games, may be some teams playing earlier).

Thought we could keep it all in one thread.

Rockies are right in the thick of it, half a game behind the Dodgers for the NL West lead and half a game behind the Cardinals for the second wild card.

Avs figure to be good, they're a young team that made the playoffs last year and seems to be on the up.

Nuggets missed the playoffs last year for the second straight season by a single game. I'm probably lining up to get kicked in the nuts again, but on paper this is a playoff team. Mike Malone is a shitty coach though.:D:

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Indians clinched AL Central, the crappiest division in baseball. Now the real test will begin when postseason play begins. Our window is starting to close, might be the best chance in a while at winning the whole thing.

Blue Jackets will be solid again this year, but Panarin wants to get out because his girlfriend wants to live in New York or Florida. They just have to not play the Stanley Cup champ in the first round again and they might have a shot at winning a round and building some confidence. Seriously tired of seeing Columbus play Pittsburgh in the first round, too.

Cavs are in full rebuild mode, but signing Love to an extension they have a possibility to surprise some people and could sneak into the playoffs. Sexton should prove to be quite good, too.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Baseball season is winding down fast, NHL season starts October 4, NBA season October 18 (at least those are the first Avs and Nuggets games, may be some teams playing earlier).

Thought we could keep it all in one thread.

Rockies are right in the thick of it, half a game behind the Dodgers for the NL West lead and half a game behind the Cardinals for the second wild card.

Avs figure to be good, they're a young team that made the playoffs last year and seems to be on the up.

Nuggets missed the playoffs last year for the second straight season by a single game. I'm probably lining up to get kicked in the nuts again, but on paper this is a playoff team. Mike Malone is a shitty coach though.

Pythag is biting the Rockies right now, and bad- as of a few days ago they'd actually been outscored on the season and the Dodgers had outscored their own opponents by like 135 runs. Being good in one-run games is cool and all, but it's not enough. Still glad to see them hang tough, though, and I hope Kyle Freeland, Trevor Story, and Bud Black all get some love in the awards voting.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
If there aren't reports by mid-NBA season that John Wall has attempted to stab Dwight Howard in the locker room I'm gonna be disappointed.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Tigers fighting to stay out of last place
Pistons primed for another subpar year
Red Wings on the rebuild

Yea, gonna be a real great winter season here! :crying:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Is there a college football thread for this season as well? Tried to search for it and didn't find anything.

Ohio State will thrash Tulane this weekend.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Won't sugarcoat it...D-Backs choked the chicken down the stretch.

Suns have some good young talent but are years away from contending, if even that since we're talking the NBA West.

Coyotes are...Coyotes. Only thing I liked about them was being able to go to a few games last year on the house in the suite section.

College...Arizona State looked impressive in the upset against Michigan State, no offense against San Diego State in a loss and will most likely get thumped at #10 Washington this weekend.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Baseball playoffs mean one thing to me: Joe Buck season. Sigh.

famicommander

15 Year Member
No team that's serious about making the Finals signs Melo.

That Nuggets team with Billups and Melo should have gotten to the finals. Blew a double digit lead in the second half of game 6, leading 3 games to 2 against the Lakers in the conference finals.

Then the whole team folded and decided not even to bother trying in game 7.

Nuggets should have fired George Karl on the spot. Glad that old retard is out of work.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Went to the Rockies game last night. Fucking epic.

German Marquez tied an MLB record by striking out the first eight consecutive batters of the game.

Rockies won 14-0 and pulled a half game ahead of the Dodgers for the NL West lead, and also loved 1.5 games up on the Cardinals for the last wild card spot since both those teams lost.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Thibs over in Minnesota is offering Jimmy Butler for trade, and his offers are so absurd that all the other teams are hanging up on him.

There's rumors that Butler slept with Town's girlfriend, but beyond that they just don't like each other and Butler wants out.

Latest rumor seems to be leaning towards Miami as his destination, though he wants to play for the Clips or Nets.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Baseball playoffs mean one thing to me: Joe Buck season. Sigh.

Hey, his comeback from a crippling addiction to hair plugs is inspiring.

I guess that's right, he always calls the playoffs and the World Series. At least Tim McCarver's nowhere near it.

edit: saw that about Thibs- apparently he told Philly he wanted Ben Simmons. Right, for a one-year rental of a guy who's almost always hated by his own teammates. My guess is that Thibs knows full well he's going to get rejected, but that's what he wants. He can tell Glen Taylor he tried then still (maybe) keep Butler. Taylor will ultimately override him, I bet, and make him trade Butler for Bam Abedayo.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Rockies are in the playoffs, but they have to have a one game elimination with the Dodgers.

Winner goes right to the NLDS to play the Braves with home field advantage, loser goes to Milwaukee or Chicago to play in the single game wild card round.

So in conclusion, FUCK THE DODGERS

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Pulling for the Brewers and Indians over here

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I'll be happy once the Yankees, Cubs, and Dodgers are out. Bonus points if Chase Utley breaks his leg in his last game. Fuck the NBA, and fuck Gary Bettman.

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I'll be happy once the Yankees, Cubs, and Dodgers are out. Bonus points if Chase Utley breaks his leg in his last game. Fuck the NBA, and fuck Gary Bettman.

There's a lot of anger in this post that I can totally get behind.

Fuck the Rockies, Cubs and Yankees with a railroad spike.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Cubs got shut the fuck down in that game.