I don't like people who don't like Ikaruga

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Oh, it isn't?

In my book, no. The ship is super slow. The hit box of the ship is relatively large compared to something like a DDP game:

Ikaruga%20-%20Hitbox%20-%202.jpg

Bullet hit boxes are pretty standard, too. And the bullet patterns are complex, but they're not Cave-level.

Maybe it is a bullet hell shmup, but if it is, I'd say it's toward the more tame side of the spectrum, irrespective of difficulty.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Love Ikaruga. It's a fantastic puzzle game!

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Fucking love Ikaruga. I'm no master at it but I do appreciate it. Lets not forget how fucking awesome the soundtrack is for that game as well.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I have a love/hate relationship with this game. It is brilliantly designed but hard as balls.

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
It's a great game with great art style. I like how it's related to RS, but they really try to keep the two independent of each other. Also, who is it talking at the end of the game? The ship? I wish the story had been fleshed out more.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
:D
do enjoy the home console relz, NGC and dsreamcast, up there with CHAOS FIELD and RADIRGY.
was difficult to get the NGC-OAL retail with all inserts, dreamcast wasn't as bad.
gameplay between cops and console is non-existent minus option settings.
TRIZEAL is another great shooter, along with triggerheart exelica. :p

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
If we are actually talking about ikaruga...

I compare it to a piano song (ikaruga) vs a jam band (survival/multi path shmup) format. If you want to memorize patterns, or just enjoy it for what it is, ikaruga is a great game.

Eventually once I could clear it repeatedly it lost the fun and I rarely play it. I revist almost every other shmup I like far more often than ikaruga, despite my hours logged.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I loved the aesthetics and atmosphere but the whole colour switcharoo mechanic drove me nuts.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I got the switch version when it was on sale for $10. The switch version is best because it lets you credit feed so I now I beat the game like a champ :D