First album you bought?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
For me it was Beastie Boys Licensed To Ill on cassette at Camelot. It came in one of those big plastic anti theft cases with the weird handle thing on it.

I remember I had just gotten one of those yellow Sanyo knock off boom boxes that looked like the Sony Sports model. Until then I was just recording shit off the radio.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Pearl Jam’s Ten.

Then VS. and then Vitalogy.

For a long long long time those were the only 3 cds I owned.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Can't say for certain, but I think it was the Top Gun soundtrack.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Like many 80's kids, Thriller.

Same here. My first single was the theme song for The Greatest American Hero. I loved that show as a kid.

The first cassette I bought with my own money was INXS Kick. I got a Sony Walkman for Christmas that year. Stupid thing only had fast forward and no rewind.

Can't remember what CDs I first owned but I bought a bunch when I finally got into the format. Probably Pixies and NIN.

Last edited:

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Would probably have been iron maiden killers, i played that album to death when i was a youngster.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Crazy Sexy Cool by TLC on cassette.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Crazy Sexy Cool by TLC on cassette.

nice. that wasn't my first album (it was my dads CD) but I used to listen to that a lot when i was little. "Creep" and "Diggin' On You" were my favs.

I think the first album I actually bought with my money was Good Charlotte's first album. Which is actually a really well made album for what it is (that being: a soulless thrown together teen idol pop punk album with super catchy hooks)

The first album I specifically asked for and was taken to go get was 5 by Lenny Kravitz, because I liked the chart topper "Fly Away". I remember at the CD store, I found the Japanese single version which had just that track on it, and I was like "perfect" and my dad was like "no we're going to get the whole American album"

EDIT: I guess it was just the CD single bc I can't find a record of a Japanese single existing for that track. Hmm. Well of course my memory is fuzzy because i was so tiny but I could have SWORN

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
From the muddy banks of the wishkah + Smells like children both on cassette.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
In the 80's, all my tapes where copies or mix tapes, but the first one I bought was Onyx - Bacdafucu; I used to play a lot of ball while listening to that tape.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It was Bomfunk Mc's In Stereo album...

56184623.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Speaking of TLC, I've become obsessed with this video during the past year

Sorry to derail

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Presidents of the United States of America - Self-Titled on cassette, followed by these three CDs:

Alanis Morrisette - Jagged Little Pill
Weird Al - Bad Hair Day
Cake - Fashion Nugget

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
There was a time when I thought Alanis Morrisette was hot.

Just goes to show you that young people are idiots.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Metallica Black, limited gold CD. I was 9 years old. It’s been a metal journey since then.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I was 5 or 6 so some Halloween hits that had Monster Mash on it.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Bad Album on cassette tape with some Woolworths vouchers, to go with the Walkman I’d gotten for my birthday.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I am unsure which was the first, but there are three contenders I got during 6th grade

Moby - Play
Weird Al - Running with Scissors
P.O.D. - Satellite

I haven't even thought of POD in years. looking at their wiki it seems they were a christian nu metal band. i had no idea

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
embarrassing, but mine was Coolio, Gangster's Paradise on cassette. lol

My first two records were a gift: Stay Hungry by Twisted Sister (awesome) and some Bon Jovi album (went directly into the trash)

The first two cassettes I bought myself were: Beastie Boys Licensed to Ill and the Run DMC self titled album