most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
God damn this game is fun to play. I agree with everything Renmauzo said about it and I absolutely love it for it. Bravo SNK. I hope this game gets all the attention and sales it deserves.

Been playing a fair bit of it online and casual.matches and it seems like Ukyo is far and away the most popular character, with Charlotte and Haohmaru behind him.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Some nice collector's items are available too.

Neo Geo Freak magazine revival

D-JEWv3W4AIuS7m.jpg

Alternate cover art from the Akiba Festival for the AES box style limited edition

009_l.jpg

Some nice plates

D-DIuXUUIAA-jB-.jpg

And the french are releasing a limited edition "PAL version". Just 118 copies and I'm sure we'll see most of them on ebay
facepalm.gif

D-KFOfPXoAEDUWx.jpg

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Grab options vary from character to character but generally you can try these and see which of them work:

Crouch heavy slash (Hanzo / Earthquake / Yashamaru)
Medium slash into special move (Ukyo, Jubei, Shiki, Nakoruru)
Medium slash into either supers (TamTam, Nakoruru)
Just a special move

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
I had a chance to play at a shop demo. It's so fun. Waiting for the PC version is going to be rough.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Picked this up late last night for Xbox and got in a couple rounds. It’s really fun but I wish that whatever the rage explosion special is called had an extra execution step or something to make it a bit more challenging to pull off. Compared to neo stick, it’s too easy to just hit the A+B+C macro button to both do the rage explosion and special. I understand button macros are kind of the norm for modern fighters, but I think the special should require a qcb or something too.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I think the fact that it's so easy to do is what makes it so special. Timing, defence, and reading your opponent take ultimate priority over anything, which creates a lot of tension and strategy. I love it.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Yes, the whole point of ABC explosion and Issen is that it creates an easy way for players to get back in the match but only by sacrificing all rage and super moves for the remainder. If you do that against a good player, it becomes very hard to win in the end.

After a few days of this game, I like the style and I think it is a very polished day one title, something that SNK hasn't always delivered in the recent past. The only thing that worries me is that the combo possibilities were heavily tightened down. This added balance but means that most of the long-term gameplay depth will center around parry and especially just defense. I'm hoping that the gameplay ages well.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'd like to try this, but.... What's the stick situation? Does it play like ass w/o a stick?

I have a PS4, but PS3 sticks. Do you need a dongle? Do I have to spend $100 on a stick? Will the Mayflash work?
I have an XBone, and I have the wireless legacy converter (originally intended for Rock Band 4) and Xbox 360 sticks. Would that be the route to go?

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'd like to try this, but.... What's the stick situation? Does it play like ass w/o a stick?

I have a PS4, but PS3 sticks. Do you need a dongle? Do I have to spend $100 on a stick? Will the Mayflash work?
I have an XBone, and I have the wireless legacy converter (originally intended for Rock Band 4) and Xbox 360 sticks. Would that be the route to go?
Here's the Brook converter to use PS3 controllers on a PS4:

https://www.focusattack.com/brook-super-converter-playstation-3-to-playstation-4-usb-adapter/

They aren't that expensive and work great. They also have ones to use PS3 on Xbone, X360 on Xbone, or X360 on PS4.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
ugh.. sold my ps4 a few months ago. I need the PC version now.

Please tell me Cham Cham is playable?

Also, when and where are AES preorder going up?

Last edited:

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
Downloaded the game yesterday and have been having lots of fun with it online. I really enjoy the fact that most of the people I've fought don't seem like they're trying to be professionals like when you play Street Fighter V online.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
When the fuck are they going to announce Shizumaru?

Fucking this, I've been up in the air about this game. I really want to play it, but I'm tired of China SNK sleeping on my mains. Maybe I'll sleep on this release until its $20

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The most important DLC is going to be Iroha, hands down. Maybe also a younger Mai Shiranui.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They really nailed the right mood for an SS game. The narrator voice and the feel of the intro and map screen are exactly right. It takes me right back to the classic entries in the series. Wish I could say as much for Haohmaru's voice -- it's taking some getting used to this time.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
They really nailed the right mood for an SS game. The narrator voice and the feel of the intro and map screen are exactly right. It takes me right back to the classic entries in the series. Wish I could say as much for Haohmaru's voice -- it's taking some getting used to this time.

The credit sound on startup was a great touch as well. They play heavily into its arcade roots. I get the impression that they took inspiration from SSII and SSV. ONLY thing I was hoping for was some bamboo, barrel, and stone cutting effects but we cant have everything.

NGH-045

n00b

I have an old Hori RAP Stick for the PS3. Since you connect it via USB you can use it for a lot of different devices (i.e. PS4, Raspberry, PC, etc.).

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Ran a local tournament this past Friday, and we got 30 players. I was surprised that we go so much, considering the game is so new, and it was a Friday evening event. I ended up taking 7th place (4-2) with TamTam. I really enjoying this game, and it appears that its a hit with the FGC. Looking forward to playing it at EVO, and watching as well. I also have been writing up guides. Mainly so I know the cast better.

Hanzo
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12qSwu8adbcqN90czaYH6OeIdD8h8wK-qPckSn1V02Lg/edit?usp=sharing

TamTam
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EnY7LJ7DQuKf5GkLc2eKurBgDKl90YaOtK1RghtPg5E/edit?usp=sharing

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I was thinking of trying Hanzo, he seems so much better then Galford so far. Right now though, Earthquake is my main. Im able to rack up quite few wins with him but i think in the long run, he is going to be very limited. His walk speed is atrociously slow.

Do you guys know if command throws beat out regular throws? Seem like i keep losing to regular throws, i wish the 2-button macro was not allowed in rank.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I was thinking of trying Hanzo, he seems so much better then Galford so far. Right now though, Earthquake is my main. Im able to rack up quite few wins with him but i think in the long run, he is going to be very limited. His walk speed is atrociously slow.

Do you guys know if command throws beat out regular throws? Seem like i keep losing to regular throws, i wish the 2-button macro was not allowed in rank.

I think most people feel that Galford is better right now, but still to early to tell. His hit teleport is much better than Hanzo's, and his WFT is way better than Hanzo's. As far as command grabs go, I know they recover much faster than a whiff throw, but i don't know if they out prioritize a regular throw