most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

Lol Xbox channel got Haohmaru, PS channel got Genjuro.

Uh upon checking, the xbox video was actually from last week.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Anybody know where you can pre-order the physical copy for Xbox One?

I have yet to see any US pre-orders up anywhere. On that note, is it just me or did the SNK store hosted by NIS just quietly go kaput?

Edit: I'm thinking back to that security issue in March 2018 when NIS got hacked and ending up exposing personal and financial info for some people who ordered SNK Heroines. I guess it is not a good look for your store-within-a-store if you are on your very first product and something like that happens.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Digital preorders are up on the PSN / XBLA stores (use search if you can't find it in the preorder sections).

Physical should be up soon.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Funny that Haohmaru’s name is misspelled in the thumbnail. Somebody tweet nerd rage at the channel.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Users who pre-order or purchase Samurai Shodown on the PlayStation Store, Xbox Live, or any physical retailer before June 30 will be able to download the Season Pass completely free.

SNK president Koichi Toyama in a press release. “As a thank you to the fans who have stuck with us during the long wait between the franchise installments, we’re pleased to offer the first six months of DLC completely free of charge to anyone who buys the game and redeems the game’s season pass within the first week of release, which will include four new fighters.”

:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Quoting this from the previous page in case someone misses it.

Leback

Stakes Winner
Think I will pre order the ps4 version, would have been nice if the snap lock case was released in the west as well.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
That ghost player stuff sounds cool. I hope they can pull it off.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Oh man, if they fuck us on the US physical release. I'm done with these faggots.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
They leave out Wanfu as the token chinaman and replace him with another silk pajama wearing fuckrag
and OF COURSE I come back to Saner loving these character designs that belong on a jizz caked body pillow.

Darli also looks like she belongs in Chrono Cross...

And holy shit Yoshitora made the cut: A pedo character designed by a pedo manga artist who was basically the Poochy to Haomaru and Genjuros Itchy and Scratchy, a lame tryhard character design if I ever saw one.

Aside from Shiki, did they ever create a good character after SS3?

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
They leave out Wanfu as the token chinaman and replace him with another silk pajama wearing fuckrag
and OF COURSE I come back to Saner loving these character designs that belong on a jizz caked body pillow.

Darli also looks like she belongs in Chrono Cross...

And holy shit Yoshitora made the cut: A pedo character designed by a pedo manga artist who was basically the Poochy to Haomaru and Genjuros Itchy and Scratchy, a lame tryhard character design if I ever saw one.

Hi Spoon!

They also left out Gen-An :mad:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Either Genan or Seiger will certainly be among the first DLC characters batch (hopefully both). The plan is to release a character every 2 months IIRC (total of 4 characters).

Sen had some cool designs.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Hi Spoon!

They also left out Gen-An :mad:

Allo, my friend! Yes, Genan is another one...I'm really missing the oddball guys from SS2 like Nicotine, Kuroko and Sieger as well.

This reminds me of Mortal Kombat with its US marines and mary sue kombat kids....so far removed from the source material it used to draw from (bruce lee flicks/Big trouble in little china).

Samurai Shodowns atmosphere peaked with the Hyper 64 games which were pure ninja scroll, thematically speaking.

In other words, wake me up when they announce a midboss made out of dead babies like Gandara....or when Genjuro goes back to smoking opium in his victory poses. :cool:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
"Genjuro, unable to control his lust for killing, abandoned the dojo he trained at in order to live out a life of drugs, sex, and violence."
If that was indeed the case, then it's no accident that he was involved in the troubles. :)

The US physical release is very strange so far... it seems the standard version is quietly matriculating out to a handful of sellers with no mention at all of a limited release. I don't know if that will end up being all we get or not. To me it is mind-boggling that the US would get a massive box for SNK Heroines and nothing at all for SS.

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Update Saturday morning: Still no limited version for the US and the free season pass is starting to look like an apology of sorts. Japan, on the other hand, just got another physical release. The SNK store will be selling a sake bundle (I'm not making this up) which consists of a physical copy of the game and some Samurai Spirits-themed sake.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/540553-samurai-shodown-sake