most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Ow look it's cloud strife crosdressing as a waifu.
Game looks kickass though!

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
For those of you who did not watch the panel, here is Darli Dagger:

darli%20dagger-noscale.jpg

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
For those of you who did not watch the panel, here is Darli Dagger:

darli%20dagger-noscale.jpg
Yuck. A great character design for a new series. Terrible for SS. All the classic characters, even including SS5, are archetypal. But this is a completely different aesthetic.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Charlotte. Samurai Shodown 1, 1993.

Oh man that was brutal. If I even had a card or badge, now would be my time to turn it in.

charlotte-ss1.gif

The only thing I can say in my defense is that I rarely chose her. time for seppuku

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Release date is June 27. There will be PS1 graphics skins or something.

D3W2BRoUIAAdqXI.jpeg

D3W2BRyU4AI3JHx.jpeg

D3W2BRoUcAEQ996.jpeg

IMG-20190405-WA0005.jpg

There was a new trailer during the stream, but they haven't uploaded it seperately yet.

Edit:

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Oh man that was brutal. If I even had a card or badge, now would be my time to turn it in.

charlotte-ss1.gif

The only thing I can say in my defense is that I rarely chose her. time for seppuku

Seppuku by folded frisbee

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Ps1 graphics skins? Wtf is this shit going on about hands in pants?

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
It says "DLC costume retro 3D: Haohmaru/Nakoruru" and I'm feeling those new characters but we'll see.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Fabulous, now people who don't care a bit about Samurai Shodown can fill my facebook wall with "gotta order this LE now! NEED!"

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member

This appears to be PS4 only and it comes in two packages, one with the game, artbook, AES case, and skin for almost $100, and the other with the game, artbook, skin, AES case, and framed art for near $300. SNK store exclusive too.

If I was one of the hip slim kids, I'd be all over this:

4580015700462.jpg

4580015700462_1.jpg

4580015700462_2.jpg

Last edited:

saner

Krauser's Henchman
huh they went with a moon background for Haohmaru, when usually they use the moon for Ukyo, and the sun for Haohmaru to symbolize their opposite nature.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Those new characters are not good looking at all. Why make a strong statement regarding setting only to then throw in cooky cutter fodder? An attempt to bring in kids more used to One Piece\Naruto surely. Shame.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
hey those new characters are very interesting and unique! Darli is not another pirate! she's a ship builder!

the asian newcomer is very unique and interesting too. remember Caffeine Nicotine? normally an old scrawny geezer would be useless in a fight but he proved the tropes wrong. the new girl should not be underestimated.

and the new blade wielder looks cool and interesting, DEFINITELY better designed and more mature than Shizumaru.

that new Samurai Shodown theme song deserves an encore. truly THE MOST BEAUTIFUL and inspirational fighting game theme song EVERRRRRR!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLq0fcrvxRY

and its the game's theme song!!!!!! ultimate Samurai Shodown theme music ever! So inspiring! So emotional, So impactful and profound!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/...urama-coming-to-pc-and-switch-in-winter-2019/

Its so full of new energy and a unique pure ESSENCE never felt before!!!!!!! it's like a band of angels from Samurai Shodown Heaven itself singing the return of Samurai Shodown!!!! ^.^

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
For the DLC they have announced there will be 4 characters releasing 2 months apart from each other (August - October - December - February).

There is hinting about Soul Calibur collaboration too (meh).

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
remember Caffeine Nicotine? normally an old scrawny geezer would be useless in a fight but he proved the tropes wrong.

and the new blade wielder looks cool and interesting, DEFINITELY better designed and more mature than Shizumaru.

Oh shut the fuck up. You don't even understand where the archetypes used in the original series come from.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
This game is starting to look amazing ! Never expected that a new SS would look this good. One thing I don’t like is how the water flows, but that’s just a minor thing. Cool to see most of the old cast return.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
For the DLC they have announced there will be 4 characters releasing 2 months apart from each other (August - October - December - February).
There is hinting about Soul Calibur collaboration too (meh).

ah I hate collaborations if that means a DLC character slot is reserved for a nonSamurai Shodown character, that lessens the chances of other favorites making it in!
I dont care who they add from SC, none of them can match a Samurai Shodown character's return.
Siegfried/Nightmare would be boring, Taki would be one too many ninjas. at least add Iroha, Basara, and Cham Cham first.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
DLC definitely makes SS more interesting, but I hope the devs keep it to just SS characters that were left out.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
There has been some playful exchange between the bandai namco and the samurai showdown accounts on twitter. That, and Herada being present in yesterday's event make some believe a Soul Calibur collaboration is on the way (meh).

saner

Krauser's Henchman
a present for true Samurai Shodown fans! new recent gameplay highlights from the classics! yes, the masterpieces are still played.
good thing they ported them to platforms like PS4! that makes community uploads like these possible for free just using the Share button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riZjQhNjt3Q

edit: updated with english and japanese title screens

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member

New Character trailers seem to be spilling out.

Last edited: