most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys_(series), CTRL+F "Nessbaum"

gee, wonder who edited that in :thevt::thevt::thevt:

Hate is a waste of time. Jeff left when he realized he didn't like the people here. He was serious about his translating and really liked Neo Geo games. You could talk to him at length about Genjuro and Iori. I think him posting his dick on here was the best farewell of any we had.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
SSRPG is a garbage game.

So this new SS is cell shaded? Isn't that exactly what Deuce (Jeff Nussbaum) and I were talking about SNK needing to do with SS back in 2002/2003? Too bad I'm not buying kiddy consoles anymore. I just have a neo geo home system, and that's it.

I can't wait for the noobs who just bought a $600 beat up home system to come in here and start asking why nobody has ported the new SS to the Neo.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Hate is a waste of time. Jeff left when he realized he didn't like the people here. He was serious about his translating and really liked Neo Geo games. You could talk to him at length about Genjuro and Iori. I think him posting his dick on here was the best farewell of any we had.
His mistake was putting any emotional investment into an online "community." The public must have been deeply integrated into his motivation for translating it, or I think he would've finished what he put so much effort into.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
His mistake was putting any emotional investment into an online "community." The public must have been deeply integrated into his motivation for translating it, or I think he would've finished what he put so much effort into.

I think he probably did finish it, but he didn't care to share it with people. People here were harassing him for it, and some spanish fool was demanding that he give the script so it could spanslated. :rolleyes:

Basically, we drove him to make the hero's decision.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I think he probably did finish it, but he didn't care to share it with people. People here were harassing him for it, and some spanish fool was demanding that he give the script so it could spanslated. :rolleyes:

Basically, we drove him to make the hero's decision.
Oh yeah. I think the only thing left was adding text to the voiced segments that had no text previously. The timing was a bitch. I was one of the people that told him I think he should do that. Too bad he didn't release a 1.0 or beta first.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Im gonna preorder it to support SNK and Samurai Shodown series, with enough preorders and success it can raise chances of Samurai Spirits RPG port happening on PS4, at least if it makes it to Japan PSN Store, we can get it using Japan psn cards, I already have a Japan PSN ID. though english localization would be a plus too. I'd purchase the RPG twice on PS4!

autism-intensifies.jpg

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

Interview with one of the developers.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Iroha could be added as playable DLC.s KOFXIV's DLC picks were largely influenced by fan requests, and Iroha is more well known than Shiki.

and more played Samurai Shodown VI since PS2, whereas SS64 was out of reach to most fans.

plus Iroha has most memorable theme song and very fun moveset

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

Interview with one of the developers.

Thanks for sharing.
Some positives and negatives for me so far from aesthetic perspective

+The swords in idle animation look stunning. It might seem like a mute point, but to me it isn't. They look like swords in a way that something like Soul Calibur has never really pulled off. Soul Edge and Last Bronx, particularly the latter where more successful in this field I feel. Maybe I'm talking out of my arse.
+Some characters look brilliant, much better rendition of their 2d counterparts than kofiv was able to achieve. Close ups on some moves seem excellent

-They fucked up on Poppy big time. Horrible looking thing, just no
-Galford looks like he's made of plasticine. Sounds like an idiot. They could have made him a little more broody or else have that Ken style pseudo American flair. But they went with Bob the Builder personality.

That's it for now

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I’m in line for the PAX east panel now so I’ll post more once it is over. I got to play the game about 10 times now and the one thing that does not come through in videos is the “weight” of the character animations. It takes time to pull off even basic movements and it really effects gameplay in a big way. For example, if you try to pull off a C Slash with Galford and he is not high enough in the air for the animation to complete before he hits the ground he won’t even do it. It is a slower paced game and I still enjoy what I have played so far.

Here is a link to some pics I took of the booth:

https://imgur.com/gallery/r3MEZcx

Last edited:

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Not sure what is up with the link because it works when I click it. Got out of the panel and they announced a new SamSho collection that will have ALL of the games with online play and an in depth museum mode. They also announced a new character Darli Dagger, a pirate.

Here are some pics from the panel:

https://imgur.com/gallery/NFXGkUT

Got a small poster signed by Oda, Noboyuki, and the US gent who is one of the devs and his name escapes me for the moment. They also went into depth about how SS was originally designed as a beat em up and it was going to have A 2 plane system like Fatal Fury.

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Not sure what is up with the link because it works when I click it. Got out of the panel and they announced a new SamSho collection that will have ALL of the games with online play and an in depth museum mode. They also announced a new character Darli Dagger, a pirate.

Here are some pics from the panel:

https://imgur.com/gallery/NFXGkUT

Got a small poster signed by Oda, Noboyuki, and the US gent who is one of the devs and his name escapes me for the moment. They also went into depth about how SS was originally designed as a beat em up and it was going to have A 2 plane system like Fatal Fury.

You deleted my comment you pussy.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Ore One Piece-ish I would say, like any "new" SNK fighting charchter design since quite a long time now. I mean, at lest from Ralf's Gatling Punch super to the Russian sub-boss in KOFXIV at the very least.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
New Samurai Shodown character to fight in a Chinese dress with a serrated serving tray confirmed.