most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
The credit sound on startup was a great touch as well. They play heavily into its arcade roots. I get the impression that they took inspiration from SSII and SSV. ONLY thing I was hoping for was some bamboo, barrel, and stone cutting effects but we cant have everything.

I know most people hate it, but I wouldn’t mind an option to turn on those guys who throw you chicken or bombs.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I know most people hate it, but I wouldn’t mind an option to turn on those guys who throw you chicken or bombs.

I thought what made the original SamSho's special were those little things like the guys who threw the stuff onto the floor.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

I thought what made the original SamSho's special were those little things like the guys who threw the stuff onto the floor.

+1
The return of the random hikyaku runner would be a fun option to have. I know new tournament players might hate the addition, but having the option to toggle his appearance (or the rate) would be a lot of fun.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I am digging this game. On a 13 win streak. I use TamTam

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yo, just got the season pass. You got till 8 AM July 2nd.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Word. I just got the free Season Pass on the Playstation Store and I don't even own the game.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I played a nice ukyo last night. It’s like we were sitting next to each other.

I wish KoF XII had netcode this good.

Only one hick-up over 7 or 8 matches. I got disarm special, insta-kill, and super DM (as a finish!) off without lag. We were just defending each other, and had real competitive matches.

I can’t call it-if it’s the more deliberate ‘slow’ pace, superb animation, or what...but this game *works* both local & online.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
+1
The return of the random hikyaku runner would be a fun option to have. I know new tournament players might hate the addition, but having the option to toggle his appearance (or the rate) would be a lot of fun.

That, or, random Kim Kapwhan appearance.

Jon

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I wanted to see if anyone here was up to play over the long weekend on Xbox. I can still match with randos online but I figured it would be fun to play with the OG fans.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
It does looks really good but I still prefer the 90s ones.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Fuck that bulshit ass trick.

Genan - nicotine - Wanfu before any other shitty ass post ss2 faggots

I'd rather have the kid than that scrubbish, green turd everyone keeps crying about needing to be in the game because he's some overhyped legacy/OG character.

It's 2019. If I want to play a Samurai Shodown game that consist of the roster from the original game I got that title readily available to plop into my AES or Neo CD systems.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Found out today that the PS4 USB music player works wonderfully with Samurai Shodown for MP3s/M4As in training mode at least. That's great news to me, as I dropped the recent Dragon Quest midway because the soundtrack was torture and the game didn't support the music player at all.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'd rather have the kid than that scrubbish, green turd everyone keeps crying about needing to be in the game because he's some overhyped legacy/OG character.

It's 2019. If I want to play a Samurai Shodown game that consist of the roster from the original game I got that title readily available to plop into my AES or Neo CD systems.

shizumuru.gif

Ok.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Been playing since Samurai Shodown came out. I have to say I'm not totally disappointed. It's funny that the stick motions are a lot easier to pull of than the older games. I have a f300 mayflash stick. I'll definitely have to modify the f300.

Overall the graphics are amazing. I do wish they would edit Nakaruru's retro walk...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Some gameplay stuff that is not covered in the tutorial:

This was mentioned before. You get briefly stunned when your slashes are blocked. Heavier slashes = more stun duration.

You can still do parries or super moves while you are stunned though.

Roll wake up can be unsafe against grabs, because unlike static wake up, there are no grab invincibility on wake up.

Note that you can still avoid grabs after roll wake up by simply jumping. Very useful for baiting and punishing whiffed grabs.

Jump heavy slash causes stun when it hits just before landing.

There may be other triggers (crouching opponent or on counter hits?) But I'm not 100% sure.

Bursts can get you out of certain death, since you can still activate it while being thrown or while being hit by combos.

Last edited:

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
Has there been any news on the Switch release? I’m planning to grab this but I’m afraid the controls might be trash.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
1.0.2 went live last night. Looks like it fixed a bug that treated ending a ranked match as a disconnect. It also made backstepping the same across the board (airborne immediately after backstepping) Nice to SNK putting out patches so quickly

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Online mode is still a disaster. Next to no players online, lag and disconnects en masse :(

Sorry to hear your experience.

I’ve had great, lag free matches.

Look for chow_yun_skinny nights after 9:30 pm EST.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Discovery just now in training... Wu-Ruixiang's midrange setups fail against Galford because Poppy in neutral state sets off the Tiger Fang traps. That's kind of a nightmare for both sides because Galford can potentially get killed by his own dog... not sure who wins in that crazy matchup.