most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I kind of wish there was like a 39.99 basic disc version of this game

*Update* There is a Play Asia version which is cheaper
This i'm thinking about buying a copy that way for the collection.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Samurai Shodown's Next DLC Character Is A Crossover From Ubisoft's For Honor

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
And the new free DLC is a guest character from Tencent's Honor of Kings.

Well la dee freakin' da.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
What the fuck. That looks awful.

The animation in this game is so terrible. Why? Just why?

Just go play Samurai Shodown 2. They're never going to top it.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
V2.0 is out:

- Added Gongsun Li as free character
- Minor balance changes, most notabe being Ukyo can now back-throw into WFT all characters

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
https://realotakugamer.com/samurai-shodown-getting-the-last-blade-dlc-crossover

SNK has announced that a character from The Last Blade will be be joining Samurai Shodown as DLC.

This was announced by Samurai Shodown director Hayato Konya in a special video message, before going on to say that the character is “someone the fans absolutely adore.”

Hmm, could this be the return of Hibiki?

tumblr_mm4nvjjFvv1qbaj5no1_400.gifv

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'd be thrilled with Akari. The way she plays and how her moves look would fit in perfectly.

Either that or Lee Rekka, but that's not happening.

GamingCult

n00b
It appears Samurai Shodown 2019, with DLC, has been delisted from the PlayStation Store. About a month ago it was revealed that the game would be an Xbox console exclusive for this new generation. I didn’t think that meant the removal of the game on PS4. Now I’d be curious to try the game on PS5 to see if it was removed because it was broken or because of this new exclusivity.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Was the game even successful sales wise? I found it in the bargain bin not long after it got released.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Well, shit. I had no idea it got de-listed. WTF? I hope it's not really becoming an xbox console exclusive. I love the game so much.

GamingCult

n00b
Well, shit. I had no idea it got de-listed. WTF? I hope it's not really becoming an xbox console exclusive. I love the game so much.

Just did a search online and it appears to have been accidentally delisted.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
That's a relief. I've been praying for a rollback netcode update and looking forward to whatever they bring in season 3.

I've been playing ranked matches, and while the online is far from perfect in its current state, I often get very playable connections with US players. If anyone up for a set, hit me on PSN: Alucard-XII

Jontox

Quiz Detective
How dare they ever release crossover characters before Neinhalt Sieger and Genan Shiranui... this is pure nonsense :loco:

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
After a long wait, the LRG SS Collection sets are finally shipping out and mine just showed up. I wish I'd gotten the game a lot sooner, but it is a really nice set! There's an MVS box inside the liner, an AES box inside of that, and a mockup mini-cart inside the AES box along with the PS4 game. The MVS box also contains a soundtrack and a mini art book. Definitely one of the better limited editions I've seen lately.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Cham cham gameplay

And...

The next character is going to be from Guilty Gear. I'm not much a of a GG fan but its interesting to say the least.