most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
It's coming to PC via Epic Store Spring 2020. No word if exclusively so, but they are shooting themselves on the foot if they don't announce it for Steam very soon (and digging their own grave if it's actually an Epic exclusive).

https://twitter.com/samuraishodown/status/1242086144864485381
Yep. It's a hard pass for me if it's Epic exclusive. Ordinarily I would just wait out the exclusivity window, but this port has taken so damn long as it is that I am not sure I can maintain my interest level for another six months, year, or whatever. It would also cripple the online community, which is the lifeblood of the genre these days.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
whoa Epic must of thrown plenty of money to convince SNK to make it timed exclusive in that store on PC. wouldnt blame SNK, their games haven't been selling as much as they should.
and PC gamers can be so whiny anyways no matter how a game is sold. plus there are fewer fighting game players on PC compared to console (this is fact even in games over a year old like DOA6, which has a lot more players on PS4).

Yoshi

20 Year Member
whoa Epic must of thrown plenty of money to convince SNK to make it timed exclusive in that store on PC. wouldnt blame SNK, their games haven't been selling as much as they should.
SNK is not publishing the game, and these deals are nearly always with the publishers. Athlon is publishing it.

and PC gamers can be so whiny anyways no matter how a game is sold. plus there are fewer fighting game players on PC compared to console (this is fact even in games over a year old like DOA6, which has a lot more players on PS4).
Which is exactly why you need Steam's critical mass to actually have an online community large enough to sustain the game.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Slightly off topic, here's more stuff regarding Haohmaru's transition into Soulcalibur VI.

Here's something a little more recent.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Cham Cham would really make Samurai Shodown more popular overall

She's even one of the protagonists in the Samurai Shodown RPG!

Clearly the one thing the new game needs to make it truly a killer app and system seller.

Dat Youtube channel tho...

Once again, our NG.com version of Chris Chan never fails to disappoint.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Someone should throw your tv out the window since you seem physically incapable of posting a video with the correct aspect ratio and are too mentally challenged to even notice the difference.

Can I watch the autistic meltdown when this happens please?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

I won’t lie; I’m an Iroha fan and I’m glad she made it in. Her bread and butter combos from Kenkakuden/SSVI look like they’re still viable, which means her play-style has been translated well. She was combo reliant so I’m curious how she’ll be adjusted concerning damage balancing and scaling.

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
A video on this came up as a YouTube suggestion after I was watching something else or this would have flown under my radar and I would imagine mostly everyone else. I did a search and this was the only article I could find as bs as it is

SNK Apologizes for “horny” Samurai Shodown tweet

https://kotaku.com/samurai-shodown-twitter-account-walks-back-overly-horny-1843400788

“Bad” press or not they got some people talking about the game

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1274897530262704128

EbFYi2XVAAEsnFT

https://twitter.com/ArtikoKashir/status/1274902196337942532

EbFcyIZWoAA8HkW

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I kind of wish there was like a 39.99 basic disc version of this game

*Update* There is a Play Asia version which is cheaper

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Anyone have this on Switch? I picked up the physical cart version locally at BestBuy, and I picked up the DLC and it won't work. Keeps prompting me to purchase the digital version in order to use the DLC. Curious If that's normal?

Pretty annoyed to say the least. I can't reach Nintendo via phone or live chat. I'm not purchasing the game for $60.00 digital when the physical version can be had for $30.00 new.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Anyone have this on Switch? I picked up the physical cart version locally at BestBuy, and I picked up the DLC and it won't work. Keeps prompting me to purchase the digital version in order to use the DLC. Curious If that's normal?

Pretty annoyed to say the least. I can't reach Nintendo via phone or live chat. I'm not purchasing the game for $60.00 digital when the physical version can be had for $30.00 new.

Just to make sure, does the cart's region matche the account's region you are using?