most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Resident Evil 2 on PS4 or XBOX One, especially the cut and CGI scenes, doesn´t also look like its a current Nexgen Game, but still lovely and playabel. And I guess the same will be with Samurai Shodown

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
You can't damage control this. Don't like my opinion, then stay mad and continue crying. I love your tears.
People who are happy aren't mad. People who are happy don't cry. We're happy with what we see.

The anger and tears belong to the whiny bitch. That's you. And the only damage control is you trying to backpedal away from everyone finding out you've never played Samurai Shodown and don't know shit about it. "Style doesn't fit the game." You're a hoot.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Game looks great and it's coming to Steam, going to be picking this up on release. Praying the original cast from 1 & 2 are in the base game, I don't mind adding other chars from 3 and beyond as DLC. Honestly be happy if just Gen-an and Hanzo make the base game cut. Hyped for this game.

Also stuart....lol. I don't you have any clue about this series.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Art style is perfect. Game itself looks amazing and fun as hell.

Comparisons to SF4 are ridiculous since SS pioneered this style both in the games themselves and the promo artwork.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
This may just be me but I am put off every time I see the unreal engine thing at the begining of some of these games trailers/presentations. They should at least stylise it so it fits the particular game. I don't know, it takes me out of the zone a bit

Last edited:

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
People who are happy aren't mad. People who are happy don't cry. We're happy with what we see.

The anger and tears belong to the whiny bitch. That's you. And the only damage control is you trying to backpedal away from everyone finding out you've never played Samurai Shodown and don't know shit about it. "Style doesn't fit the game." You're a hoot.

Happy people won't resort to name-calling and get butthurt over opinions on the internet. Stay mad, and bring the hate.:lol:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Actually it's looking pretty good. So far I have cautious amounts of hype.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I like what I see. I’m cool with the Sumi-E style backgrounds during specials if they stick with that. The thing that set SS apart from the fighters of its time (besides weapons) was the traditional music and style of the locations and characters. They’re utilizing the unreal engine and appealing to a wider audience with the SFIV look, so be it just as long as they nail the gameplay mechanics and here’s hoping for finally figuring out online play (that may be too much to hope for). Fuck it, I’m good with solid gameplay, beautiful backdrops and wonderful BGM that gets me hype.

If the online is solid though, be ready bitches. You will know my name.

*edit* I’m buying this game no matter what. And whatever the highest tier version comes out, that’s what I’ll be buying. Figure I’ve saved thousands of dollars from the dried up well filled with shit games that I can finally splurge on a franchise that is near and dear to my heart.

Fuck yeah me!

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I think its cool that EVO is supporting it. Was announced last night along with a few other games I didnt anticipate. Ill support it and get it day one.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
This may just be me but I am put off every time I see the unreal engine thing at the begining of some of these games trailers/presentations. They should at least stylise it so it fits the particular game. I don't know, it takes me out of the zone a bit

I can easily understand that. Yet, if weapons will make a true difference here, like shortening drastically the distance between two opponents, thus creating cleverly overpowered bursts and/or initiating sudden losses of 3/4 of your energy after one sweet accurate slash... I'll easily call it a success.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I'm also finding the visual style quite underwhelming. This doesn't mean it's necessarily bad, but I see engines like Guilty Gear and DBFZ more appropriate for this game.
Keep the sumi-e style but go for a more smoother, rounded out and detailed presentation. This looks like the first trailers we saw of KoFXIV, very crude imho.

Maybe it's still undergoing a process of polishing, I'll definitely be curious to see how this turns out in the end.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
For being SNKs first attempt at UE4, it looks really good to me. I have faith in NEO_G to make the gameplay excellent but the only thing that worries me is the netcode.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
For being SNKs first attempt at UE4, it looks really good to me. I have faith in NEO_G to make the gameplay excellent but the only thing that worries me is the netcode.

This, if KoF12 and 13 shipped with excellent netcode, the reception for both of those games would have been ten fold. Good netcode makes or breaks a fighting game these days. Problem is Japan is so stubborn about netcode they only worry about playing In Japan, where everyone has a 20ms ping to each other and using delay netcode is really acceptable. Such a shame, I hope they don't drop the ball.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
This, if KoF12 and 13 shipped with excellent netcode, the reception for both of those games would have been ten fold. Good netcode makes or breaks a fighting game these days. Problem is Japan is so stubborn about netcode they only worry about playing In Japan, where everyone has a 20ms ping to each other and using delay netcode is really acceptable. Such a shame, I hope they don't drop the ball.

Trying to play SSVSP on PS4 even on the weekends is a nightmare. Most players are Japanese which means most matches are a slideshow(no exaggeration). Even when I get the occasional US player it is still laggy as hell.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Finally watched the trailer, it’s looking a lot more polished than I expected! I think the style fits the series nicely.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
This game looks so good,finally a new Samurai Shodown!Now make us a new Mark of the Wolves:)

Leback

Stakes Winner
I think it looks really promising and the graphic style suits the series well. Hopefully it sells good too, then maybe SNK can revive some other franchises. King of the monsters 3 would have been so cool.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Happy people won't resort to name-calling and get butthurt over opinions on the internet. Stay mad, and bring the hate.:lol:

It's obvious you've never played Samurai Shodown before outside of maybe 5 to 10 minutes on an emulator.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It is so fucking weird that some dude who had a terrible, terrible feature in a gaming magazine got called out on it years ago and yet still posts here. I would never imagine someone like Dan Hsu or Ed Semrad, or a number of other gaming mag people, doing the same thing. It's just pathetic.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
While I dont think the game looks bad, I do think SNK is missing the mark. If ArcSys can still make successful, beautiful 2D fighting games, than so could SNK.

I cant look past their new Chinese ownership, and not see everything as just a cash grab. I know it's a business, but everything from SNK now just screams minimal effort, minimal investment.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
I view this as proof to the new owners that they can make an overall great game again. The latest KOF was solid gameplay wise but had shitty design. I think this is showing they can make something with style and great gameplay again in the age of 3D.

Leback

Stakes Winner
They will improve the 3d graphics and style for every game they release I think. Just compare early generation Neo geo games with the later ones. Sure the early titles have a lot of charm and a distinctive look, but the difference is huge.