Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: New Samurai Spirits announced, coming in 2019

Cheng's Errand Boy

Thank you!

Is a Nintendo Switch port not possible?
    Sig Goes Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    Is a Nintendo Switch port not possible?
    considering it looks like a gamecube game, I don't see why not.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Anything's possible, but from what I saw the Tag Heroines game ran like ass on Switch compared to PS4, so they don't seem to be the best at making the most of the low powered hardware.
    Whatcha gonna do?

WA6TJE

I thought they already said a Switch port was forthcoming.

NeoGumby's Sycophant

A Switch version is already announced and planned for a Q4 release this year along with the PC version.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    I thought they already said a Switch port was forthcoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by k'_127 View Post
    A Switch version is already announced and planned for a Q4 release this year along with the PC version.
    Beast mode! Thanks! I remember just looking on the website and I only saw PS4 and Xbox One. I'm super stoked for the Switch one!
    Sig Goes Here

Super Spy Agent

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Anything's possible, but from what I saw the Tag Heroines game ran like ass on Switch compared to PS4, so they don't seem to be the best at making the most of the low powered hardware.
    dont blame them, blame Nintendo and their obsolete backwards hardware. even Bloodstained ROTN is forced to cap at 30 fps 720p on that platform. Switch is not up to modern hardware standards.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33305&dateline=131067  3456

NG.com Tattoo Artist.

This is suppose to hit arcades in Japan before console release. Considering the people working on this made the horrible SNK heroines game I have doubts. However someone from some game mechanics dojo is involved and someone who did the mechanics for the recent tekken tag. I think they are trying to get the esports ball rolling and I kinda wonder how much they paid the people at Evo to get it on the list for 2019. I believe it’s also a 4 button game and I’m glad about that. I’ll be picking up a copy day one and streaming it on the Namco Noir. Twitch.tv/arcademaniacs
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesagwa View Post
    If a middle aged woman shitting on a glass coffee table shocks you, let me welcome you to the internet as you must be new here.

Quote Originally Posted by saner View Post
    dont blame them, blame Nintendo and their obsolete backwards hardware. even Bloodstained ROTN is forced to cap at 30 fps 720p on that platform. Switch is not up to modern hardware standards.
    The Switch is way behind the other systems, but both of those games were built on generic engines and ported to the various systems. Bloodstained isn't particularly advanced, it should absolutely run on Switch perfectly, but they're too lazy/inept to optimize it for the platform. The PS4/Xbone just have the raw power to brute force their way into running well despite the sloppy programming.

If you want to see it done right look at Mortal Kombat 11 or Doom. Both of them are for more advanced that either Heroines or Bloodstained, and while they are graphically inferior to their brothers on the big boy systems, they actually run great on the low powered hardware.

Also, the Switch already got the only Bloodstained game that's going to be any good.
    Whatcha gonna do?

Super Spy Agent

Exclamation

MK11 used UE3, not UE4. and they did so cause they know UE4 is resource intensive and for a game that is primarily intended for higher hardware like PS4 and X1, they had to make their own tailor made UE3 so that the port to Switch is not a big noticable difference in framerate/resolution.

ROTN team can't afford to tinker with UE3. the project for years been focused on primarily PS4, X1 and PC as the base hardware standards and the enegine they are using is UE4.

and Switch port would naturally have to be scaled down.

its really not easy to port a game like ROTN from PS4/X1/PC to Switch and still maintain 60 fps.

if people think its easy they can try themselves when PC gets it, then they can reverse engineer the game and try to port it on to Switch themselves using UE4 and have it at 60 fps on Switch. ha, and they call the devs lazy/incompetent. the critics can't even develop a videogame themselves at even COTM's level.

now Samurai Shodown is developed also for the Switch from the start, but look at the LARGE delay for that version compared to PS4 and X1, which are getting it in June.

more time and work would have to be done for a Bloodstained ROTN Switch version, and I would say most backers that play on other platforms, don't want to wait beyond this summer just so the Switch version gets 60 fps.

its really bad taste and foolishness for those whiners out there to pick Switch as their platform for Bloodstained, when PS4, X1 and PC are clearly better and more optimal. and Switch fanatics are suddenly shocked its capped at 30 fps? how naive of those communities.

anyone that even has a basic idea of hardware differences, could have seen this coming for Switch version. Switch is fortunate to be getting the game at all.

it kinda reminds me when Vita fanatics were shocked that they werent getting FInal Fantasy Type 0 HD, a remaster of a PSP game. they think Vita could run it, but even PS3 can't run it at a standard consistent framerate, so Square Enix skipped the platforms where the game would underperform below the standards.
    FF Type 0 HD utilizes some XV tech. which enters PS4 generation minimum hardware requirements, at least part of it uses graphics, effects and technology beyond the Vita/PS3 generation, so even without looking like a AAA PS4 game ,it is more hardware demanding than what Vita/PS3 can handle.

also again, Bloodstained ROTN devs are practically an indie team that had some growing pains and setbacks due to another team that was at first doing the game ineffeciently, so they had to reorganize and get people that utilize more of UE4 capabilities. they are fortunate making the game look and play this good at all. and these graphics, animations and gameplay are leagues better than Dracula X Chronicles.
    Last edited by saner; 04-26-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33305&dateline=131067  3456

NeoGumby's Sycophant

rick1.jpg

https://twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki/s...38020423176192

Doesn't indicate anything. He also made these a couple years back or so:

jenet1.jpg

Jack1.jpg
    Last edited by k'_127; 05-03-2019 at 01:58 AM.

NeoGumby's Sycophant

NeoGumby's Sycophant

If anyone is interested, there is an official art book that can be preordered here:

https://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

~ 700 illustrations (unused drafts, story boards .... Etc)
    €40 normal edition / €50 collector's ediotion
    Ships October 18th

RevQuixo. Who He?

Reichsf?rer-Finnland

Still looks terrible/cheap

People are actually excited about this?

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Late View Post
    Still looks terrible/cheap

People are actually excited about this?
    You can't expect too much from SNK nowadays and personally I think this looks pretty good for them.

!!

Cham Cham's Banana

Quote Originally Posted by k'_127 View Post
    If anyone is interested, there is an official art book that can be preordered here:

https://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

~ 700 illustrations (unused drafts, story boards .... Etc)
    €40 normal edition / €50 collector's ediotion
    Ships October 18th

the book looks pretty cool. I preordered it since i love the saga.

Cholecystectomy Required.

Any preorder links yet?
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Sexless Insecure troglodyte
    Has an awesome pc rig though!

For an unreal 4 engine driven game, it looks horrible now that there are more gameplay footage released. I would go as far as to say that even SF4 looks better in many areas since both games use that ink shader art style. Animation is clunky and graphics are not very aesthetically pleasing. Even their old 2d SS games had more style and flair to them. This game just looks "dead" and meh in comparison.

NEST Puppet

I guess it's just a matter of personal taste because I really like the look of the new Samurai Shodown game. Matter of fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a similar treatment applied to one of my other favorite 90's fighting games Weaponlord.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

El Grizzbo, you got any girls posing with Sam Sho bro?

or did they already go into the freezer

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    El Grizzbo, you got any girls posing with Sam Sho bro?

or did they already go into the freezer
    That joke is in really poor taste.

Spoiler:
    Sam Sho should never be put in a freezer.

-餓狼伝説弟子-

Users who pre-order or purchase Samurai Shodown on the PlayStation Store, Xbox Live, or any physical retailer before June 30 will be able to download the Season Pass completely free.

SNK president Koichi Toyama in a press release. “As a thank you to the fans who have stuck with us during the long wait between the franchise installments, we’re pleased to offer the first six months of DLC completely free of charge to anyone who buys the game and redeems the game’s season pass within the first week of release, which will include four new fighters.”

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Cham Cham's Banana

Anybody know where you can pre-order the physical copy for Xbox One?

Thread Information