most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

Marek

Banned
Personally I find any character added in SS3 - SS6 uninteresting, with the exception of Basara. I even prefer the ones added in SS64 WR and SS Sen over those. But Seiger, Genan and Wanfu are the ones I want the most now.

I agree with this post so hard.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Nothing really to do with anything here but I would love for Star Gladiator to be revived (and done properly), Last Bronx even moreso but that one is completely unlikely because Sega
Toshinden brought back would be great too.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
All in all everyone by now knows, or has accepted, the obvious: 3D simply does not work as a real basis/playground for these kinds of games. But 3D is cheaper by now, and hi-res do not work that well with sprite-based game either. So anybody is doing 100% 2D gameplay with 3D graphics, which is ridiculous, and struggling to come up with some graphic style that may actually work, for you just can't have real-life looks for such fantasy characters of course, nor you can have full cartoonish style for something 3D rendered. This is all nonsense to me. Just let 2D animation and 2D games be what they are, hand-drawn fantasy, and movies and CG shit be what they are, 3D live action flicks. No?

I really wonder what the marketing will be for this game. It's not the zeitgeist anymore. The market isn't expanding, it's contracting.

bwi

20 Year Member
has anyone ordered the new samurai spirits from the snk online store? Would love the version with the snap lock case.

How did you manage it, if you did?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
e6qM6kr.jpg

Artbook to be released based on this new game (bummer - would have preferred a revised history of...)

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I really wonder what the marketing will be for this game. It's not the zeitgeist anymore. The market isn't expanding, it's contracting.

I'm guessing they are going to market heavily through Evo and YouTube influencers like Maximillian and call it a day. I can't see looking up from my drink at the bar and watching a SamSho commercial on ESPN or CNN. Fighters are a niche audience to begin with so seeing a commercial for an almost forgotten franchise at this point is probably not going to move a lot of units. I can see this game being very noob friendly for the younger audience who wants to get into the fighter mix however.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member

Also, cool SS2 trivia video, in case someone missed it:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
So even Charlotte looks now like a cheapy-cheap maid hooker?

That was soooo darn uncalled for.

Basically, every new design or re-design of character look so One-Piece like I could puke all over the monitor. :-/

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
WTF is that music they're using? It's like they used old Soul Calibur music.

The atmosphere in this game sucks.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
SNK appear to have Acute Capcom Syndrome. These companies are akin to headless geese. Oh well

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I'm loving the music used in the trailers so far, especially the 2nd trailer (from PAX). The in-game music is also fine to me, but the track selection is based on the characters in the current demo build. Odd choice. I hope that's not the case in the final game.

I'm not even a fan of new anime trends and still dig Charlotte's new design.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Basically, every new design or re-design of character look so One-Piece like I could puke all over the monitor. :-/

It has to. With $457 million in sales, it's at the top of the best-selling manga. Other re-desings may look like Dragon Ball, Naruto or Meitantei Konan respectively.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm loving the music used in the trailers so far, especially the 2nd trailer (from PAX). The in-game music is also fine to me, but the track selection is based on the characters in the current demo build. Odd choice. I hope that's not the case in the final game.

I'm not even a fan of new anime trends and still dig Charlotte's new design.

Charlotte's design from some hentai doujin artist, right?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
It's the same guy who worked on most of MotW's characters.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Ukyuo looks like he made the best transition to 3D over any of the other characters.