most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Patch dropped today:

- Characters balance
- Lobbies are less messy (added rematch and intro / win pose skip)
- When ranked match ends, it resumes the previous mode you were in

Edit: Patch notes

Also, not sure if mentioned here, but Rimururu and her stage were also added a while back.

Lots of universal changes that the scene as a whole seem to be happy with, like improved walk speed, and now your weapon has a fix location after getting hit with a WFT. I'm not the happiest about the changes to Haohmaru, but still feel hes a good character. Just can't abuse 66A anymore. Also its nice that Kyoshiro and Shiki are now viable characters.

Shanadria

New Challenger
I´m playing it right now on Ps4 and feels like a true Samurai Shodown.

Also, the ost is pretty amazing, specially the "Revive the Soul" theme. Cant get out my brain now, its so epic!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I wish they would put an option to pick the music during stage select. It's currently based on the P2 character, and sometimes it just doesn't fit the background.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the link. I'm having trouble figuring out what they are saying sometimes, though. Yashamaru in particular mentions "follow up attack" everywhere. This used to mean the attack after a guard crush, but that doesn't make much sense in this context. For the "follow up attack" after a far standing C during rage, I figured out that he has a Haohmaru-style combo into a 2nd C slash which doesn't appear in the move list. I can't make any sense of "follow up attacks" in relation to his Azure Gale special, though. There's no cancel point in that move that I'm aware of and I haven't seen people online cancelling or juggling it into other things.

Also, unless I'm going crazy, Arctic Tempest now reverses direction during a cross-up and it did not before this patch. Nothing about that in the notes.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Yeah, the far C follow up during rage is not mentioned anywhere. I accidently found out about it while mashing C during a match.

Not sure about the Azure Gale follow up parts, but my guess here is that they refer to using the move after close B.

Arctic Tempest tracks side only when the rage gauge is full (or during Rage Explosion) It's always been there (before and after the patch)

Also, this is commonly known now, but after his airial projectile during rage, you can follow it up with Arctic Tempest.

PS: It's not mentioned in the patch, but Hanzo's and Galford's log moves can not be done during multi-hits attacks now. Huge bummer!

Also, if anyone is seeking character-specific tips let us know.

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Arctic Tempest tracks side only when the rage gauge is full (or during Rage Explosion) It's always been there (before and after the patch)

Also, this is commonly known now, but after his airial projectile during rage, you can follow it up with Arctic Tempest.

PS: It's not mentioned in the patch, but Hanzo's and Galford's log moves can not be done during multi-hits attacks now. Huge bummer!
Thanks, I never caught on to the Arctic Tempest tracking during rage only. I knew about the aerial projectile rage follow-up. That isn't restricted to Arctic Tempest, you can also do a C Azure Gale or a well-timed Issen after it. I don't mind the log trick nerf, log trick already ruined one game in the series (III).

For the Azure Gale follow-up, B cancel is about the closest thing I could think of as well. That's a really bad translation if that is what it is.

shelcoof

New Challenger
even though I'm not great at the game... it does feel a lot like II
Super happy its not all about combos and more about defense.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
Was reported on Reddit today that pre-orders for the Switch edition will get SamSho II NGPC download too. Nice little surprise if true

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Good point lol. Didn't notice until you brought it up. It still has Cero D rating (17+). Probably just a trailer thing (which is still an odd choice).

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
You can toggle blood / body dismemberment on / off on Switch:

https://twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki/status/1167046844381196288

My guess is that the free NGP SS2! and all those LE packages will be excclusive to Japan, while the Western release will offer the 4 Season Pass characters for free (they were confirmed to be a seperate purchase for the Japanese release).

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
It still bugs the shit out of me that they didn’t have unique backgrounds (stages) for every launch character. Lazy fucks.

Last edited:

Shanadria

New Challenger
You can toggle blood / body dismemberment on / off on Switch:

https://twitter.com/NobuyukiKuroki/status/1167046844381196288

My guess is that the free NGP SS2! and all those LE packages will be excclusive to Japan, while the Western release will offer the 4 Season Pass characters for free (they were confirmed to be a seperate purchase for the Japanese release).

ACtually the same option is available for PS4. But who is gonna use it??? No way!

Lets see the port, they have already prepare even a collector (another one) edition for Switch

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Not yet, but most likely December, and possibly same date as the Switch version.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
It still bugs the shit out of me that they didn’t have unique backgrounds (stages) for every launch character. Lazy fucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L9qOaiuWjA

2 stages did not make the cut, supposidly for Darli and Earthquake:

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

(Notice the MudMan mask in the 2nd one lol)

I hope they get added. I think they are very nice.

That would have left 3 characters with no dedicated stages (assuming the rainy shrine stage is Shiki's): Hanzo, Yoshitora and Wu-Ruixiang.

Rimururu, Kazuki and Shizumaru from the DLC have their own stages too.

Shanadria

New Challenger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L9qOaiuWjA

2 stages did not make the cut, supposidly for Darli and Earthquake:

View attachment 54788

View attachment 54789

(Notice the MudMan mask in the 2nd one lol)

I hope they get added. I think they are very nice.

That would have left 3 characters with no dedicated stages (assuming the rainy shrine stage is Shiki's): Hanzo, Yoshitora and Wu-Ruixiang.

Rimururu, Kazuki and Shizumaru from the DLC have their own stages too.

Thanks for the pics, didnt know about those stages and they are amazing...lets hope they will be updated via free patch or something