NeoGumby's Sycophant

September 16th

Unsure if You Asked
    For a custom Rank
    But Hell, why not.
    illadelph Snail Trail aka the Pleasure Domes

Shizumaru debuts on September 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

Bartender

A video giving a quick look of Shizumaru's specials, WFT and SSM.

Ultra Magnus's reaction upon seeing his new Masterpiece toy.

NeoGumby's Sycophant

The new stage is nice. Some thoughts on Shizumaru:

- His light and medium slashes are poor. May struggle against characters with strong pokes like Charlotte, TamTam and Jubei.

- Heavy slash has a slightly short range, but the speed and damage make up for it.

Crouch Heavy Slash is cancellable up to the 2nd hit. Great for low / overhead play

- He has plenty of solid tools: Projectile, DP, reflector, good throw follow ups, knockdown overhead, low Heavy slash, and possibly the best or second best SSM in the game (the other being Shiki's).

RevQuixo. Who He?

I always thought Shizumaru was a little girl. What is it with gender ambiguous characters and Japan?

Bartender

Quote Originally Posted by k'_127 View Post
    Some thoughts on Shizumaru:

- His light and medium slashes are poor. May struggle against characters with strong pokes like Charlotte, TamTam and Jubei.
    You sure about that?

NeoGumby's Sycophant

I still think so lol. I doubt that would be practical in real matches, but let's see.

Btw, he also has an instant over-head jump attack that can be linked with combos (including WFT):

https://twitter.com/sonic_sol/status...08934470885382

WA6TJE

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCverA View Post
    I always thought Shizumaru was a little girl. What is it with gender ambiguous characters and Japan?
    Looks male, dressed male. The problem may be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by YeldellGW View Post
    You sure about that?
    I'd disagree as well, not so much because of the hitbox craziness in the vid as the fact that Shizumaru can cancel some normals that he has no business cancelling, like crouching A, standing D, and forward+D.

Mickey's Coach

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCverA View Post
    there is a cultural history somewhere where certain men in ancient Japan preferred feminine looking boys to be their partners of some kind.
    so some male homosexuals are said to find feminine boys to be more attractive it seems
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_Japan

didn't some japanese men have their wife sleep in a separate room or something?
    Japan has a weird history of chauvinism, sexism, misogyny, homosexuality, but also had some history of honoring/coveting/worshipping/praising/glorifying the female sex and even having empresses.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_Suiko
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_regnant
    some say confucianism besides buddism is partially at fault for corrupting and twisting japanese ideals and causing women to lose a lot of rights and respect. think things like buddism and confucianism also tainted Korean culture as well.

it is said that males are basically females that are modified with male sex role in order to provide females with the means to reproduce
    https://www.theguardian.com/notesand...,-7531,00.html
    so even scientifically, humans are perceived of possessing both male and female traits, which humans can be attracted to based on their preference and perspective.
    so perhaps Japanese homosexual males find the female aspects of feminine males to be attractive somehow. its really a complex subject because normally, society views humanity as two halves, and dont really look past the genitals and realize that humans of both sexes are more alike than they realize, with profound differences, but there is no such thing as a
    "100% male" or "100% female" human sex. humans are more like 90/10 or 70/30 depending on their body's masculine and feminine levels.

notice how scientific, medicine and biological revelations have discovered that males and females can be altered to the opposite sex (at least to some extent) through simply hormone replacement therapy (especially if they start before puberty they can transition to the opposite sex and with SRS can practically pass for the opposite sex. just lacking reproductive capabilities and their skeleton being the most difficult to alter). It doesnt alter everything, but there is video evidence over the years that humans are not locked to a specific sex, and in fact are part male/masculine, part female/feminine. one sex just happens to be the active sex, while the other side of the human body is normally passive. but just like humans inherit genes from both male and female parents, they possess traits of both genders as well, their body is simply configured to a certain form, but how masculine and feminine their body is is based on multiple factors and can be altered. even heterosexual people are attracted to the opposite sex via an instinctive combination of traits of both masculine and feminine components that their object of interest possesses.

and the 'ideal balance' that someone is attracted to is based on personal preference.
    so perhaps japanese male homosexuals that are attracted to feminine boys, prefer males because its the sex they can relate to, and prefer feminine appearance because their masculine side is naturally attracted to feminine traits, even though they culturally or psychologically have some sort of resentment, paranoia, distrust, or fear towards females, which then causes them to choose feminine males instead as their preferred ideal mate/object of interest.

on the flipside, there are females that also have a preference of feminine males instead of masculine ones. the perks and eye candy that is exclusive to feminine potential, can be attractive to both sexes. so some find that feminine beauty appealing regardless of the person's sex.

though anyways, those are examples and maybe some insight to why there is such fascination towards the genders, and one gender resembling the other.
    humans are sexual beings, and like a coin, possess two sides. so naturally, one side of a human can be attracted to the other side or certain combination of a human, even if they are of the same sex.
    it may sound strange, but humans are more complex and flexible than most societies care to see and just perceive things from a one dimensional perspective. they dont see that humans are a varied balance between feminine and masculine traits. though even that is just the surface to the complex factors of why certain people are attracted to certain types of people.
    Last edited by saner; 09-17-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33305&dateline=131067  3456

WA6TJE

There's no thread or topic that saner can't make worse.

They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    There's no thread or topic that saner can't make worse.
    “...their skeleton being the most difficult to alter...” did give me a chuckle, tho.

He didn’t say ‘impossible.’

He said ‘most difficult.’ I think, he can do it. I think...saner is Dr. Science.

He has a Master’s Degree. IN SCIENCE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...

Analog_Delivery_System=*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*

"I don't think your kids should see us playing Joust in this parking lot..."
    -300wins

They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...

Analog_Delivery_System=*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*

"I don't think your kids should see us playing Joust in this parking lot..."
    -300wins

Bartender

Shizumaru Tutorial,Tech and Combos vid. Some interesting stuff; some I wasn't even aware of.

Mickey's Coach

it is excellent they expanding the roster.

Samurai Shodown series has lots of great characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1_2vOYZBlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG-RD3SF7tY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLbO9onoYX0

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33305&dateline=131067  3456

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

I see Saner's autism is as strong as ever.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Despite his obsession with Japan he still wouldn't travel there because they might feel uncomfortable seeing a foreigner lol.

Also I think he just called you a fag NeoCverA
    Last edited by lachlan; 09-21-2019 at 06:36 PM.

!!

NeoGumby's Sycophant

Rugal's Thug

NGP version of Samurai Spirits 2 / Samurai Shodown 2 playable with Switch release ?

https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/...pirits_switch/

MAX POWA SURGE!

I hope the US release contains that as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    fuck this gay earth

-starks out

Baseball Star Hitter

Im hoping Basara is as fun and interesting to play as Shizumaru is. Got a tournament this weekend with a $500 bonus im trying to win.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzm...SHN-k1d8rj6Q_A

NeoGumby's Sycophant

Basara preview:

Basara and the update will be on October 15 btw. To
    Last edited by k'_127; 10-11-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k'_127 View Post
    Buffing Wu and Rimururu makes sense but I'm not sure why the ninjas are getting buffed. They are plenty strong already.

Edit: Though, I wonder if a faster rush dog is in fact a buff. A lot of Galford's setups rely on getting to a location right after a slow-starting B or C rush dog.
    Last edited by neojedi; 10-11-2019 at 10:51 AM.

NeoGumby's Sycophant

Wu's buffs are barely useful, despite the long list. The only notable ones are the faster far B and crouch C IMO.

Thread Information