most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I've been waiting on Kazuki as well but, crazily enough, the new stage was the star of that trailer. It could easily be the best stage in the game if it looks as good on-screen as it does in that vid.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Nice detail:

Edit:

Switch version delayed to Q1 2020 in the West and SS2! is confirmed fo be a preorder bonus for it (I was predicting it would be swapped with a free Season 1 pass in the West):

Still no word on the PC version.

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Still no word on the PC version.
No word on Steam you mean. The Stadia version is out and playable on PC. :P Somebody let me know how it plays. Not that I care, I just want to make fun of someone for buying a Stadia.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Articles and social media posts say they have been getting inconsistant performance. When it's good, it's really good, but it's either that or it's completely unplayable.

Also, there were some speculations for SS's PC release being Stadia-only (considering the lack of any Steam confirmation outside of a logo in a Korean press conference last year, and lack of any updates on the release), but it's been confirmed the PC release doesn't refer to Stadia.

I've been playing Ranked nowadays, and despite what I keep hearing, I always find matches with good connection on daily bases. Even when the connection indicator says 1 bar, the matches are often smooth and the netplay doesn't hinder my performance the slightest, even with US players. Having no limit to rematches in ranked is brilliant too. Would love to test it with one of you guys if someone happens to have a good wired connection on PS4 (PSN ID: Alucard-XII).

Wu Ruixiang is mad fun to play as.

Last edited:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
I don't understand the news for Switch.

Officially the game is delayed for Q1 2020
https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2019/112101/

But, SNK has just re-tweeted this :
https://twitter.com/snk_onlineshop/status/1203891344999145472

and the link buff.ly/2PEmAhJ go here https://www.snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015697380.html
We can still see : 発売日 2019年12月12日(木) [Release Date Thursday, December 12, 2019]

Game finally coming this month ?
On website nin-nin-game.com the game still coming 2019.12.12 :loco:

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The delay was only for the Western release. It's still Q1 2020 in the West.

Takuma79

n00b
so if you preorder the western release you get a copy of Samurai shodown 2? is it Physical? or a code? cause I preordered a Japanese version but if I can get a physical copy of SS2 with a us preorder, I'll preorder that right now, I love me some SS2

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The switch version in portable mode looks muddy as fuck, almost like it's running at sub 720p, more like 480p.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
The only physical version of SS!2 AFAIK comes with the European Switch Collector's Edition:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/c...tion/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

They may announce it for US but I doubt (the US PS4 version CE was limited to those who visited Evo 2019).

I confirm, it's code for Japan version.

SAMURAI SPIRITS Nintendo Switch LIMITED PACK SOUNDTRACK SET

r99VhX3.jpg

s8eZLdN.jpg

uVXy2yb.jpg

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

My favourite character along with Basara
I can't help but think how stupid the red/black/white "slash"/blood spew sequence looks in this case. I think it looks really dumb in all cases but here, with a man who fights with a stone pillar...

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Not my thing and instead of starting a new thread, everyone's favorite "Limited" company is releasing a triple LP pack of the OG Sam Sho soundtrack on Friday if anyone is interested. Sounds like it is a preorder so no one will have to jump through hoops Friday morning if anyone is after this.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1206638151156015107

Sam Sho.jpg

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Hmmm..... Need to resist buying useless stuff to take up more space, but that vinyl set is kinda cool

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I'm not a fan of vinyl myself and the first Samurai Shodown soundtrack has been around on CD forever in both OST and AST format. Some combination of SNK / LRG / BraveWave needs to wake up to the fact that the soundtrack situation around the Samurai Shodown V / Special / Tenka- era is a hot mess. A CD collection of all OSTs / ASTs for V thru VI would be an instant buy, whereas the re-release of SS1 is something of a curiosity.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Greg Kasavin, enthusiast. Basically a neogeo mailing list member who worked on FAQs and chatted a lot about the games. Could be any of us if he wanted to, but hasn't been part of the community of neo geo enthusiasts since 1998. BBH, back me up here.

BBH?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Not my thing and instead of starting a new thread, everyone's favorite "Limited" company is releasing a triple LP pack of the OG Sam Sho soundtrack on Friday if anyone is interested. Sounds like it is a preorder so no one will have to jump through hoops Friday morning if anyone is after this.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1206638151156015107

View attachment 55388
The temptation to have a signed version is too tempting. I have other signed copies of Bravewaves stuff, this is no different.

Takuma79

n00b
Boo on having SS2 NGPC being a code, but oh well, thanks for the info guys, as for the limited run OST I'm on the fence about grabbing the CD, I don't have SamSho OG's sound track but I don't know if itst something that I'd listen to outside of playing the game

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

I really want to be excited but I'm not at this point. These anthology and whatever collections are cool but how many do we need. I'm not gonna front, I'll probably end up buying it when it go's on sale and mess around with it for a bit but eventually I'll end up going back to the Neo-Geo to play them proper. All except for VI. Same thing happened with the SF Collection.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't do online fighting games. If they want to spark real interest from me, find a way to port a 2D version of Asura Zanmaden to the original neo geo hardware.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I don't do online fighting games. If they want to spark real interest from me, find a way to port a 2D version of Asura Zanmaden to the original neo geo hardware.

Now that would be amazing.

I really want to be excited but I'm not at this point. These anthology and whatever collections are cool but how many do we need. I'm not gonna front, I'll probably end up buying it when it go's on sale and mess around with it for a bit but eventually I'll end up going back to the Neo-Geo to play them proper. All except for VI. Same thing happened with the SF Collection.

That SF collection was pretty disapointing. I am hopeful SNK will do a better job.