most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Anything's possible, but from what I saw the Tag Heroines game ran like ass on Switch compared to PS4, so they don't seem to be the best at making the most of the low powered hardware.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
A Switch version is already announced and planned for a Q4 release this year along with the PC version.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Anything's possible, but from what I saw the Tag Heroines game ran like ass on Switch compared to PS4, so they don't seem to be the best at making the most of the low powered hardware.

dont blame them, blame Nintendo and their obsolete backwards hardware. even Bloodstained ROTN is forced to cap at 30 fps 720p on that platform. Switch is not up to modern hardware standards.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
This is suppose to hit arcades in Japan before console release. Considering the people working on this made the horrible SNK heroines game I have doubts. However someone from some game mechanics dojo is involved and someone who did the mechanics for the recent tekken tag. I think they are trying to get the esports ball rolling and I kinda wonder how much they paid the people at Evo to get it on the list for 2019. I believe it’s also a 4 button game and I’m glad about that. I’ll be picking up a copy day one and streaming it on the Namco Noir. Twitch.tv/arcademaniacs

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
dont blame them, blame Nintendo and their obsolete backwards hardware. even Bloodstained ROTN is forced to cap at 30 fps 720p on that platform. Switch is not up to modern hardware standards.

The Switch is way behind the other systems, but both of those games were built on generic engines and ported to the various systems. Bloodstained isn't particularly advanced, it should absolutely run on Switch perfectly, but they're too lazy/inept to optimize it for the platform. The PS4/Xbone just have the raw power to brute force their way into running well despite the sloppy programming.

If you want to see it done right look at Mortal Kombat 11 or Doom. Both of them are for more advanced that either Heroines or Bloodstained, and while they are graphically inferior to their brothers on the big boy systems, they actually run great on the low powered hardware.

Also, the Switch already got the only Bloodstained game that's going to be any good.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
MK11 used UE3, not UE4. and they did so cause they know UE4 is resource intensive and for a game that is primarily intended for higher hardware like PS4 and X1, they had to make their own tailor made UE3 so that the port to Switch is not a big noticable difference in framerate/resolution.

ROTN team can't afford to tinker with UE3. the project for years been focused on primarily PS4, X1 and PC as the base hardware standards and the enegine they are using is UE4.

and Switch port would naturally have to be scaled down.

its really not easy to port a game like ROTN from PS4/X1/PC to Switch and still maintain 60 fps.

if people think its easy they can try themselves when PC gets it, then they can reverse engineer the game and try to port it on to Switch themselves using UE4 and have it at 60 fps on Switch. ha, and they call the devs lazy/incompetent. the critics can't even develop a videogame themselves at even COTM's level.

now Samurai Shodown is developed also for the Switch from the start, but look at the LARGE delay for that version compared to PS4 and X1, which are getting it in June.

more time and work would have to be done for a Bloodstained ROTN Switch version, and I would say most backers that play on other platforms, don't want to wait beyond this summer just so the Switch version gets 60 fps.

its really bad taste and foolishness for those whiners out there to pick Switch as their platform for Bloodstained, when PS4, X1 and PC are clearly better and more optimal. and Switch fanatics are suddenly shocked its capped at 30 fps? how naive of those communities.

anyone that even has a basic idea of hardware differences, could have seen this coming for Switch version. Switch is fortunate to be getting the game at all.

it kinda reminds me when Vita fanatics were shocked that they werent getting FInal Fantasy Type 0 HD, a remaster of a PSP game. they think Vita could run it, but even PS3 can't run it at a standard consistent framerate, so Square Enix skipped the platforms where the game would underperform below the standards.
FF Type 0 HD utilizes some XV tech. which enters PS4 generation minimum hardware requirements, at least part of it uses graphics, effects and technology beyond the Vita/PS3 generation, so even without looking like a AAA PS4 game ,it is more hardware demanding than what Vita/PS3 can handle.

also again, Bloodstained ROTN devs are practically an indie team that had some growing pains and setbacks due to another team that was at first doing the game ineffeciently, so they had to reorganize and get people that utilize more of UE4 capabilities. they are fortunate making the game look and play this good at all. and these graphics, animations and gameplay are leagues better than Dracula X Chronicles.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
If anyone is interested, there is an official art book that can be preordered here:

https://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

~ 700 illustrations (unused drafts, story boards .... Etc)
€40 normal edition / €50 collector's ediotion
Ships October 18th

the-art-of-samurai-shodown-collector-s-edition.jpg

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Still looks terrible/cheap

People are actually excited about this?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Still looks terrible/cheap

People are actually excited about this?

You can't expect too much from SNK nowadays and personally I think this looks pretty good for them.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
For an unreal 4 engine driven game, it looks horrible now that there are more gameplay footage released. I would go as far as to say that even SF4 looks better in many areas since both games use that ink shader art style. Animation is clunky and graphics are not very aesthetically pleasing. Even their old 2d SS games had more style and flair to them. This game just looks "dead" and meh in comparison.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
I guess it's just a matter of personal taste because I really like the look of the new Samurai Shodown game. Matter of fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a similar treatment applied to one of my other favorite 90's fighting games Weaponlord.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
El Grizzbo, you got any girls posing with Sam Sho bro?

or did they already go into the freezer

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Users who pre-order or purchase Samurai Shodown on the PlayStation Store, Xbox Live, or any physical retailer before June 30 will be able to download the Season Pass completely free.

SNK president Koichi Toyama in a press release. “As a thank you to the fans who have stuck with us during the long wait between the franchise installments, we’re pleased to offer the first six months of DLC completely free of charge to anyone who buys the game and redeems the game’s season pass within the first week of release, which will include four new fighters.”

:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
Anybody know where you can pre-order the physical copy for Xbox One?