most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

NGH-045

n00b
Apparently it's coming to Steam after rejecting a PC exclusivity deal (I assume Epic Store).
Honestly, after all that shit that went down with the Shenmue III deal, I'm glad I pre-ordered those games for my PlayStation.

Any news if Kazuki will be a DLC character for 'Season 1' or possibly at release? Surprising he isn't part of the main cast already.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I was just about to post this. Really excited they were able to shave the lag in half, and now I really have no reason not to attend EVO this year.

Marek

Banned
It's gonna take Nicotine, Sieger or Kuroko for me to buy this for retail price and I can safely assume the DLC will include none of them.

Nicotine would be the best possible decision they could make.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Kagemaru trailer

There will also be another demo in Japan but with no time limit and will include Charlotte, Ukyo and Genjuro

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Rim jobs stage
HjyxfoD.jpg

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I feel a great chance has been lost to continue with the SS legacy. It all looks so dumbed down, the attraction for the saga was as much to with it being a vs fighting game as it was how faithful it was to a sort of manga take on feudal martial arts. This one looks like Naruto One Piece Treasure Ronald McDonald Ultra Mega Fighting Bash.

The genre as a visually enticing entity is dead.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Famitsu score: 31/40 (8, 8, 8, 7)

That doesn't say much, since the first Samurai Spirits got only 25 out of 40. So far, this new sequel lacks the dense mysticism, this fusion of undecipherable japanese symbolism with a simple pop cultural view on Samurais. Sure, my eye was poked out back then, but I would poke out my other eye, just to get that horrible atmosphere back...

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Yep, that stage does look like crap but thankfully only a few of the stages stand out as stinkers. I can understand the complaints as I never got into KOFXIV because just the look of it was horrible. However, I will cut them some slack as it is their first go at UE4 and at least they managed to make the characters look good. The gameplay stays true to the SS spirit(snicker) too so I can't wait to play online.

I really want to see how the KOF team is going to improve their graphics.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I feel like the people here are always trying to get me to cancel my preorder. Give up, people, the decision's already been made. I'm still buying it even if it's shit.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'll be enjoying all of it at my local tournament, and weekly casual gathers. Will be enjoying it at EVO playing against new comp, and learning new tech. Might even get some casuals for VSP in as well. While you'll enjoy shit posting on this forum

zzZzz.
Opinions are like arseholes. And some arseholes have opinions. Doesn't make them right.
I posted a reasonable argument as to why I think this game is a caricature of what SS once really was in essence. Samurai Spirits was a work of art not just because it looked the shit.it was authentic and welcomed you into a world with a strong sense of identity. What is now being proposed looks like it was made for shitheads. I will play it,might enjoy it a bit, but it's sad that they whored themselves out like this.
The blood and cut scene where the screen goes red looks idiotic

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
zzZzz.
Opinions are like arseholes. And some arseholes have opinions. Doesn't make them right.
I posted a reasonable argument as to why I think this game is a caricature of what SS once really was in essence. Samurai Spirits was a work of art not just because it looked the shit.it was authentic and welcomed you into a world with a strong sense of identity. What is now being proposed looks like it was made for shitheads. I will play it,might enjoy it a bit, but it's sad that they whored themselves out like this.
The blood and cut scene where the screen goes red looks idiotic

Authentic with a strong sense of identity? How can you even say that about something as flimsy as a video game? :lolz:

saner

Krauser's Henchman
I feel a great chance has been lost to continue with the SS legacy. It all looks so dumbed down, the attraction for the saga was as much to with it being a vs fighting game as it was how faithful it was to a sort of manga take on feudal martial arts. This one looks like Naruto One Piece Treasure Ronald McDonald Ultra Mega Fighting Bash.

they would make a looooot more money and gratify both fan crowds porting and localizing Samurai Shodown RPG.
would have the atmosphere and genius of the classics, with the forward thinking depth of epic RPGing.

SNK could then boast having the first fighting RPG available on modern western platforms.
they should do so before another fighting company beats them to it with a SF RPG worldwide launch.

the fan localization was dropped. SNK could outsource to a dev to do the porting and localizing like how they been doing with their NeoGeo games on modern platforms.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...i-shodown-rpg-neo-geo-cd-english-translation/

SNK shouldnt underestimate the profitabiltiy of RPGs, even retro games are making it big these days, just look at Bloodstained ROTN, even with its chuggie 2.5D appearance, its still winning a lot of praise. now imagine a hardcore masterpiece like Samurai Shodown RPG

Shinretsu Samurai Spirits Bushido Retsuden deserves to be ported and localized on PS4 and Switch at least.

like, we know their fighting games are not selling as much as they should. Samurai Shodown RPG can be an easy sleeper hit for them.
RPGs are more in demand than fighting games these days. especially classics people havent played before.

and that RPG would raise Samurai Shodown brand to a wider fanbase and prosperous profits.
the game is complete, and would be low risk, high reward for SNK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l25eIOnhqA

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Yeah, a 22 year old console rpg a possible sleeper hit.

NGH-045

n00b
Crazy how some of the "OG" in here are bitching and moaning about the new game, meanwhile over on SS discord you have people who actually still continually play the old games, being excited for the new one. If i were SNK i would be looking to support those people rather than the ones who bought the AES cart 15 years ago and it sits on their shelve collecting dust. Pictures and videos of this game do not do the visuals justice. I downloaded the Japanese Demo and the game looks great. Most all of the stages look good except for 2. The characters look amazing, and they animate super nice and clean.

There are some aspect of the gameplay that i wish were in SS7, like pursuit attacks. But overall the game plays exactly like a modern day SS should. haters be damned, and play the older games, they aren't going anywhere. I know i still will be playing VSP. Anyway, theres been a lot of footage coming out and I'm chomping at the bit to play this, and get back to competing in a fighting game again.

I feel like the people here are always trying to get me to cancel my preorder. Give up, people, the decision's already been made. I'm still buying it even if it's shit.

I'll stick with my order too. I am not a big fan of 2.5D fighting games but for some reason I saw the trailer and was hooked.

We play and enjoy 25 year old games and now some start to argue about the graphics of this one? Come on and gtfo.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The new Japanese demo is out, and it doesn't require PS+ and no timer this time. All you need is a Japanese account.