most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
86d3f59f38f704a4214c731d7ec655b7.jpg

My only complaint: can’t access the dlc atm. The day one patch/update/install wasn’t too rough; about 12 mins or so.

During that time I did the tutorial, so it was no biggie.

This game shits ALL over Sen. I’m happy with it.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Just leaving the game on only cycles the intro over and over. Let it cycle like 5 times before I decided to press any button.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think he means to refine her skin for the cell shading. Iroha and Shiki would bring a lot of attention to the game from the mainstream market that could otherwise ignore Charlotte and Nakoruru. Chamcham would also be a huge attraction for players. And then SNKP can create special skins to sell for holiday seasons (halloween, christmas, valentines, easter).
You should work in their marketing department.

Back when King of Fighters XIV released, SNK released a patch that improved the graphics after launch; though, I don’t believe something like that is in the pipeline this time around:

There was a lot of criticism against kofxiv’s visuals at launch, but I haven’t really seen that echoed for this Samurai Shodown release in reviews and impressions so far.
That happened after launch? I forgot already.

Just leaving the game on only cycles the intro over and over. Let it cycle like 5 times before I decided to press any button.
Let's nerd out

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Snap some pix of Backgrounds of the following:
Earthquake
Shiki
Yoshitora
Dagger
Xiang

Nah bro, they all recycle other motherfucker stages: lame as fuck.

That boss bitch cut me in half.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Darli is super fun to use. This game is like that. I hate most modern shit.

No crankyankin going on here.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
I have only played about 30 minutes so far with my son, but this feels pretty good to me. Like wataru, I'm not big on modern fighters, but this one is going to get some time put on it. I hope it still feels the same after I'm able to really dig into it.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I played for about 4 hours yesterday but I need to spend some more time to get a better sense of it. I do feel the camera is a bit too close since they want to force the footsie gameplay. I just think it would be better if there was faster, and smoother, movement with the camera being pulled back and the stage size increased a hair. The timing is strict with punishing jump ins due to how much startup animation there is on even basic moves. For now I'll just say the fundamentals of SS are still present, but you will have to retrain your brain for the specific mechanics at play here. Also, Darli and Earthquake have tons of advantages over other characters due to their range and move set.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Beating the boss with Haohmaru on default difficulty wasn't too bad, but I stayed up more than an hour trying to beat it with Nakoruru before finally giving up.

The game is addictive enough to keep me trying. Overall first impressions are good. The art style seems like a bit of a cheat to get around having modern graphics, but it at least looks sharp in 4K on the Xbox One X and plays well. I hope to finish it on normal difficulty with all characters eventually.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
What’s the loading and online like on Xbox One X? I’d prefer to play it there, but I’m hoping the online at least has some people for the next couple months.

Beating the boss with Haohmaru on default difficulty wasn't too bad, but I stayed up more than an hour trying to beat it with Nakoruru before finally giving up.

The game is addictive enough to keep me trying. Overall first impressions are good. The art style seems like a bit of a cheat to get around having modern graphics, but it at least looks sharp in 4K on the Xbox One X and plays well. I hope to finish it on normal difficulty with all characters eventually.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
What’s the loading and online like on Xbox One X? I’d prefer to play it there, but I’m hoping the online at least has some people for the next couple months.
I believe it's a little faster than the base Xbox One or PS4, but still surprisingly bad.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
For those of you interested in the Samurai Spirits Limited Edition with the AES Snap-lock case. (see link for pictures) Mine came in today. I thought it was going to be "kind of like" an AES case.... Nope... a 1 to 1 AES case came with it. I was blown away by the quality. And yes a real AES cart fits in it. I have pictures to for people who wanted a closer look at the product because the marketing photos for it do not do it justice. I placed a KOF 98 case next to it for comparison.

Photos here.
Samurai Spirits Limited AES Case Edition PS4
https://imgur.com/a/OwxQMVM

Last edited:

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
For those of you interested in the Samurai Spirits Limited Edition with the AES Snap-lock case. (see link for pictures) Mine came in today. I thought it was going to be "kind of like" an AES case.... Nope... a 1 to 1 AES case came with it. I was blown away by the quality. And yes a real AES cart fits in it. I have pictures to for people who wanted a closer look at the product because the marketing photos for it do not do it justice. I placed a KOF 98 case next to it for comparison.

Photos here.

thanks for sharing, had no idea. Best collector's edition ive seen. This company knows their fan base.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Photos here.

Case looks dope, but probably won't go down enough in price to make a bulk purchase attractive (obviously for sacing the game and just using the fresh cases)

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Case looks dope, but probably won't go down enough in price to make a bulk purchase attractive (obviously for sacing the game and just using the fresh cases)

Fortunately they put the SNK logo on the opposite side inside the case, so can tell them apart from real AES cases.

SS Limited Edition Case
nRy6q8Pl.jpg

Real AES
TGfCBI9l.jpg

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
thanks for sharing, had no idea. Best collector's edition ive seen. This company knows their fan base.

Yeah I had no idea either. I managed to snag one off ebay at the last minute. Can't resist AES cases!

Thanks for the heads up, NexusX.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Fortunately they put the SNK logo on the opposite side inside the case, so can tell them apart from real AES cases.

SS Limited Edition Case
nRy6q8Pl.jpg

Real AES
TGfCBI9l.jpg

How soon do you think we will see a thread appear asking if a game is real and the evidence will be this issue of embossed logo placement?

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
How soon do you think we will see a thread appear asking if a game is real and the evidence will be this issue of embossed logo placement?

I doubt that will happen, as bootleggers can just make their own cases. But still I think it's nice they altered these cases a bit, just to eliminate one (small) possibility.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
You can grab the XBox One season pass seperately now.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Yeah I had no idea either. I managed to snag one off ebay at the last minute. Can't resist AES cases!

Thanks for the heads up, NexusX.

The only other thing to mention is that the feel of the plastic used seems very slightly less dense than a real AES case. Other than that it is a solid build and still feels like it can take a beating.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just picked the game up this afternoon and played through with Haomaru and Nakoruru so far. I like the weight of the hits, and that an air game should be used with caution more so than other fighters given how easy jumps are to block and punish. I really like that there aren't systems layered over systems like in some other fighters; the stripped down 'meat and potatoes' approach to systems is actually pretty refreshing and I find I can devote more time to getting good at a few things as opposed to mediocre at a lot of very specific situational stuff. Is it just me or is the block grab kind of tough to capitalize on? It just seems like there's so much animation from the grab that the opponent recovers almost at he same time as the attacker.
I know most people don't play a fighter for the story, but it would have been nice to have something that didn't feel thrown together in that regard, and the boss is very generic and feels like an afterthought.

All in all, niggling issues aside, this is a great fighter with more depth than is apparent, and a nice return to form. I really wish SNK (love that they're using the old logo again) would have marketed this game properly. Amazon.ca didn't even have it listed when I checked the last two days, EB only got one copy, and I hadn't heard that the release happened until I was flipping through the latest GameSpot news on their app and saw a 'review in progress' article about it.
Again, this game is a return to form, and so I hope people will find out about it so that SNK can really start to gain traction again.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I just picked the game up this afternoon and played through with Haomaru and Nakoruru so far. I like the weight of the hits, and that an air game should be used with caution more so than other fighters given how easy jumps are to block and punish. I really like that there aren't systems layered over systems like in some other fighters; the stripped down 'meat and potatoes' approach to systems is actually pretty refreshing and I find I can devote more time to getting good at a few things as opposed to mediocre at a lot of very specific situational stuff. Is it just me or is the block grab kind of tough to capitalize on? It just seems like there's so much animation from the grab that the opponent recovers almost at he same time as the attacker.
I know most people don't play a fighter for the story, but it would have been nice to have something that didn't feel thrown together in that regard, and the boss is very generic and feels like an afterthought.

All in all, niggling issues aside, this is a great fighter with more depth than is apparent, and a nice return to form. I really wish SNK (love that they're using the old logo again) would have marketed this game properly. Amazon.ca didn't even have it listed when I checked the last two days, EB only got one copy, and I hadn't heard that the release happened until I was flipping through the latest GameSpot news on their app and saw a 'review in progress' article about it.
Again, this game is a return to form, and so I hope people will find out about it so that SNK can really start to gain traction again.

Hey bro you don't post too often anymore, everything good

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Hey bro you don't post too often anymore, everything good

My wife's been on extended leave since December, so I've been working an extra 25hrs a week OT (double time) to make up for it; most weekdays, I'm finishing at 10/11pm. Thanks for asking 'Sage :)