most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Really interesting read. I find their trying to appeal to the fans nauseating though. The bit where they where surprised Nakoruru was popular even though she wasn't sexualised may be accurate but it was quite odd. I find what they did with Charlotte's design to be unforgivable. It's a lame move.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Reviews are out today. They are mostly positive. Great fundamentals, but long loading time, clunky outdated story mode, and online issues.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I have enjoyed it so far. Visuals are nothing to write home about, on par with SFIV I guess but less cartoony. Backgrounds are dead. Not necessarily ugly, just dead as hell.

Gameplay seems like it's something I am going to enjoy spending some time with. Story mode is pretty much like any other version of SS; a list of AI opponents with a cut scene every few fights, a boss, and an ending. Nothing clunky or outdated to me, but then again I'm not into grinding some shit mode to play dress up with my fighters either.

Last edited:

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Got up early this morning before work and fucked around with Galford in the training mode. The controls are tight and timing\hitboxes are way more strict than the past games. I need to put in some more time messing around to see all of the changes.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Basara is confirmed and I could not be happier. All of you who were crying for Sieger and Wan-fu get half of your wish. I hope this means Sogetsu will be in Season 2.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Wow, DLC is better than rumored. I know some people who have been carrying a torch for Wan-Fu for years.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I heard from some that the season pass (unintentionally?) can be bought from the psn store without buying the game.

If you are waiting on the game's price to go down, you may want to grab the season pass now (may get rectified anytime now).

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Wow, DLC is better than rumored. I know some people who have been carrying a torch for Wan-Fu for years.

Wan Fu and Basara are my favourite characters since their inception. Going to have to get this game it seems

saner

Krauser's Henchman
whoa so guess they might be saving Iroha for later when they refine their graphics to make sure she looks authentic. though shame they arent adding her when the game will be at its most active.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
whoa so guess they might be saving Iroha for later when they refine their graphics to make sure she looks authentic. though shame they arent adding her when the game will be at its most active.

day one waifu purchase?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I heard from some that the season pass (unintentionally?) can be bought from the psn store without buying the game.

If you are waiting on the game's price to go down, you may want to grab the season pass now (may get rectified anytime now).

Thank you for sharing this update. I’m still waiting on my copy to arrive so I’m glad it is possible to nab the season pass ahead of time.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
"Refine the graphics"? Are you talking about a future game?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I think he means to refine her skin for the cell shading. Iroha and Shiki would bring a lot of attention to the game from the mainstream market that could otherwise ignore Charlotte and Nakoruru. Chamcham would also be a huge attraction for players. And then SNKP can create special skins to sell for holiday seasons (halloween, christmas, valentines, easter).

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

Back when King of Fighters XIV released, SNK released a patch that improved the graphics after launch; though, I don’t believe something like that is in the pipeline this time around:

There was a lot of criticism against kofxiv’s visuals at launch, but I haven’t really seen that echoed for this Samurai Shodown release in reviews and impressions so far.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
You can negate a dash stop animation by tapping back then any direction + the attack you want

Let's say you want to dash then do the universal overhead attack:

Dash -> back -> forward MS + HS

Tricky to pull but can be useful if learned properly. Also, I mentioned this before, but you can negate your stun when your High Slash is blocked by cancelling it with a super move.