2 Player Baseball Stars 2 - Why is that not called out as a Ball?

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
So I bought Baseball Stars 2 for the AES the other week. I love it. However after playing my first 2 player game today I noticed that sometimes the pitcher can get away with throwing the ball waaaay away from the batter so he can't possibly reach the shot and its counted as a strike?

Is there something I'm missing here? I have an unmodified Japanese console so I can't read the all the text, but currently it feels like you can be super-unfair as the pitcher in two player mode, whist the game doesn't allow this in 1 player.

Can anyone advise as to what's happening here?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
It's called a "slider" that catches the corner of the plate.

Not sure how to relate it to cricket...

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Sounds just like real baseball!
Sometimes an umpire calls a ball a strike, and sometimes a strike a ball.

Can you post a video of it happening?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Are you swinging the bat?

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
Right so 24hrs later I tried to recreate this for a video to share and guess what? Every single pitch that should have been called as a "Ball" got called as it should! I swear this was not happening last night. I even tried restarting the game and resetting the console. It was missing the plate by a country mile and was still be called a Strike. Oh well. I'll share it if it happens again.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Right so 24hrs later I tried to recreate this for a video to share and guess what? Every single pitch that should have been called as a "Ball" got called as it should! I swear this was not happening last night. I even tried restarting the game and resetting the console. It was missing the plate by a country mile and was still be called a Strike. Oh well. I'll share it if it happens again.

Tosspot confirmed.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Is this a cross post from the edibles thread?

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
Well this didn't quite go as planned.... :lolz:

I stand by my assertion that throughout a whole 2 player matches, one team was incapable of getting penalised for bad pitches. Just kinda sucks that I couldn't recreate the incident to back it up. But when/if it happens again I will.

Until then I've just got a pot to toss off into...

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
You are not wrong pal. It’s just all these peeps don’t have any mates to play with. Best thing to do is just ban the practice in 2 player. You can definitely throw it inside the batter with him having no chance of hitting it.

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
You are not wrong pal. It’s just all these peeps don’t have any mates to play with. Best thing to do is just ban the practice in 2 player. You can definitely throw it inside the batter with him having no chance of hitting it.

Thank you!

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior

He is technically wrong Pal, because he said he was throwing the ball away from the batter, and you are saying to throw it inside.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

How does one throw the ball inside the batter? :scratch:

Not sure I want to know the answer to this...