Thread: Neo Geo titles on sale in switch eshop!

Geese's Thug

icon29.gif Neo Geo titles on sale in switch eshop!

First time I see they have neo geo titles on sale! 40% off.

Mostly early titles but good ones!
    Neo Geo is just plain awesomeness.. gotta love it!

赤裸裸的汽車人

Oh boy, a ROM sale!

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Geese's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    Oh boy, a ROM sale!
    Great detectivework done there captain obvious YES its a rom sale. But jokes aside, I for one thinks its great that the have published them on the switch, since its awesome to have it portable.
    Also, lowering the price by 40% makes ppl who doesnt know about the neo more likely to try em.

And honestly, who hasnt felt the urge to get the original thing when you tried some (to you) unknown hardware or games..

I mean I have 60+ mvs carts, AES system with a handfull och games, couple of cabs and 6 mvs motherboards.. NOTHING beats the original stuff but this is a great gateway into the neo world for the new gen ppl.

Hopefully SNK does get some coins for the roms also in the end of the line, so why not support them?

Well, its just my opinion, some ppl really dont like this way of them to resell same roms over and over, and I respect that.

Now I am off to play some FF2 with my 4yrs old son, have a great weekend nevertheless!
    Neo Geo is just plain awesomeness.. gotta love it!

I've played Neo Turf Masters on Switch way more than my actual Neo since it was released. No shame.
    Whatcha gonna do?

Just so someone else doesn't get too excited like I did, there are a LOT of Neo games on the eShop, but only a few are on sale:
    • Alpha Mission II
    • Art of Fighting
    • Burning Fight
    • Fatal Fury 2
    • King of Fighters '94
    • King of the Monsters
    • Metal Slug
    • Puzzled
    • Samurai Shodown
    • Super Sidekicks

They are $4.79
    Last edited by Yoshi; 09-07-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Just so someone else doesn't get too excited like I did, there are a LOT of Neo games on the eShop, but only a few are on sale:
    • Alpha Mission II
    • Art of Fighting
    • Burning Fight
    • Fatal Fury 2
    • King of Fighters '94
    • King of the Monsters
    • Metal Slug
    • Puzzled
    • Samurai Shodown
    • Super Sidekicks

They are $4.79
    Gonna grab King of the Monsters at that price. I must admit it's fun to play Neo Geo games on the Switch setup on a table on the go! And the 8bitdo controller works well with these games.

J. Max's Chauffeur
    In the Ikari Attack Helicopter over the Philadelphia Seaside with Johnny Maximum, Robert Garcia, Mr. Krabs, a drunk Majors Clark Still, and a Mean Guile to defeat evil, then eat cheesesteaks and water ice afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    • Alpha Mission II
    • Art of Fighting
    • Burning Fight
    • Fatal Fury 2
    • King of Fighters '94
    • King of the Monsters
    • Metal Slug
    • Puzzled
    • Samurai Shodown
    • Super Sidekicks

They are $4.79
    Minus Super Sidekicks, that's the PS4 sale as well, they've been on sale since last week.

Also it would be nice if Hamster releases some new PS4 titles, it's been about two months.
    Last edited by Ralfakick; 09-07-2018 at 02:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Speaking of that, the most bizzare thing that happened at that TMG (http://www.toomanygames.com/) was Ed Flemming getting his truck front bumper stuck to a pole and ripping it clean off!! Goes to show, you shouldn't drink and drive.
    Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Yeah, but how do I get to the SNES games?
    Get the all the accessories!

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

Is there anything extra on Metal Slug, or just a straight up ROM being emulated? Also puzzle should be $.79, not $4.79.

NeoGumby's Sycophant

Quote Originally Posted by Ralfakick View Post
    Also it would be nice if Hamster releases some new PS4 titles, it's been about two months.
    They still get released in the other regions on PS4. Someone asked hamester about it and they replied by saying they aim to release all their games on all consoles and all regions. Whatever stopping them, and whether we are actually getting these eventually or not, are still unknown.

Rugal's Thug

To anyone who has played them on the switch, how does the emulation compare to playing the original? Any input lag on 8bitdos?

Tung's Hair Stylist

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave GI View Post
    To anyone who has played them on the switch, how does the emulation compare to playing the original? Any input lag on 8bitdos?
    The Switch emulation is the best I've seen. You can choose to play the Japanese or English version of all the games, and have access to all the game settings like you would on a MVS cart. There are also tons of settings you can utilize for screen adjustments, filtering, scan lines, etc. I haven't used an 8bitdo with any of the games, but my fightstick works great.

neogeo.jpg
    [GIGA POWER]
    Pro Gear Spec

Thumbs up Convenience trumps fidelity

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I've played Neo Turf Masters on Switch way more than my actual Neo since it was released. No shame.
    Oh man, same here. I've gotten so lazy, having that convenience of just turning on a portable device with the game already in there makes it so nice.
    Sig Goes Here

Quote Originally Posted by Fett View Post
    The Switch emulation is the best I've seen. You can choose to play the Japanese or English version of all the games, and have access to all the game settings like you would on a MVS cart. There are also tons of settings you can utilize for screen adjustments, filtering, scan lines, etc. I haven't used an 8bitdo with any of the games, but my fightstick works great.

neogeo.jpg
    wicked joystick, ma

That's good to hear though. A ROM purchase should be at least equal to what you can do in 5 mins on a PC.

Rugal's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by Fett View Post

neogeo.jpg
    That joystick is dope. I'll have to check out a couple of them. Would be nice to have on the go. I almost bought a couple on Xbox a few weeks ago...they have sneakily added a lot of NG games to the marketplace there. I have no idea if they have all of those options though.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Must be nice to be able to game while your at work. I would never be able to play like that. I'm either playing handheld or docking it and playing on a big screen with joystick.

Getting the 8bitdo to pair the first time is a pain, but once it's paired it works great. The one with analog sticks doesn't make a good pro controller replacement since the analog sticks suck but for digital games it's great.

It lags like a bitch on some other devices though, but works great with switch or with any of the 8bitdo receivers.
    Whatcha gonna do?

Thread Information