The Eagles look like shit — NFL Thread 2017-2018

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I like the idea of keeping HCD (25yo) with a new contract if he can perform, and letting go of Norman, whose 31 and has a massive contract.

Draft time Skins definitely need a QB. Smith isn’t clicking here.

Agreed on all accounts. Then again, the Skins haven't had a franchise QB in 35 years so that's not really saying much.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
They had one...but let him slip through their fingers.

Trent Green.

If the Skins can get Tua Tagovailoa in the draft, they should just do whatever it takes. I’m not interested in any other prospects right now.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Is it too late to edit the thread title to say the Raiders look like shit?

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Is it too late to edit the thread title to say the Raiders look like shit?

How the fuck do you make the niners, who have their 3rd string qb starting, look like the fucking chiefs! This is beyond abuse as a fan base even more than what were used to. But yes now we are guaranteed to get the first pick :rolleyes:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
How the fuck do you make the niners, who have their 3rd string qb starting, look like the fucking chiefs! This is beyond abuse as a fan base even more than what were used to. But yes now we are guaranteed to get the first pick :rolleyes:

Too bad its the guy who thought Manziel should be #1 overall making the pick though

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Manziel isn't even good in the CFL. 4 TDs, 7 INT in 7 games for the Montreal Alouettes. He sure as hell ain't no Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, or Warren Moon.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
The Chiefs were pretty fraudulent last year too. They also happened to be 5-2, and Alex Smith also happened to be their starting QB.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
What shitty day of football...Man the ref suck so hard in that Seahawks / Chargers game...Not sure how after replay, the guy went out of bounds 3 times and still upheld the TD. So many momentum flags too.

I actually have to root for the Patriots tonight.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So far this Packers Patriots game has lived up to the hype. Very good game.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Missing Trent Williams, Brandon Scherf, and Shaun Lauvau definitely hurt.

None of those players would've helped their vaunted pass defense that got torched all day long.

Edit: I honestly take no pleasure from shitting on the Skins. They were the team of my youth. They've just been a neverending garbage fire for the last twenty five years and delusional Skins fans getting all lathered up the last couple of weeks just made me testy.

Last edited:

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Yeah I didn't watch the Skins play but looking at the footballs outsiders ratings metric, it shows them having an average defense, and a below average offense. Atlanta has one of the worst defenses in the league so pretty much any decent offense should have no problems scoring on them. Not sure who is at fault here but they are definitely not as good as their record has them right now. They do benefit greatly by having the giants and cowboys in their division, and the eagles are much weaker this year as well so they got a good chance of making the playoffs and winning the division.

I gotta agree I didn't enjoy football as much this week. Probably because we only had one morning game on TV, and the game was a blowout. And also because I hate the pats. But main reason is because of how bad the raiders are.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
None of those players would've helped their vaunted pass defense that got torched all day long.

Edit: I honestly take no pleasure from shitting on the Skins. They were the team of my youth. They've just been a neverending garbage fire for the last twenty five years and delusional Skins fans getting all lathered up the last couple of weeks just made me testy.

A good offensive line would have allowed a balanced attack with a run game. Keeping Atlanta off the field by keeping the offense on the field would slow them down.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I didn't watch much of the Saints/Rams game...but man, the offense of those teams is torrid. Both teams easily scoring within the first part of the first quarter. Moved the ball like nothing and against great teams...super impressive. Drew Brees makes it look so effortless...

Bears pulled off a chip shot against Buffalo, Green Bay only being able to put up 17 against NE (the Bears managed 31) was interesting.

NFC North is still trash...

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The two morning games they have here are blowouts and its barely halftime. Chiefs and Cardinals, Saints and Bengals. At least i get to watch two excellent offenses making it look all easy.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Feels like the elite teams have pretty much separated themselves at this point...I know we've got half a season left to go and anything could happen but I don't really see anyone other than Saints/Rams in NFC or Chiefs/Steelers/Pats (despite getting their asses handed to them today)/Chargers in the AFC having a realistic Super Bowl shot.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Rams sneak past the Seahawks...again! Can actually clinch a playoff birth in 2 weeks though now we lost a WR to a ACL tear.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
none of the teams that played yesterday really looked all that great except for the saints. That's a team i think will reach the bowl this year. They can keep up with any of the top offenses in the league and they got a decent defense. Bears didn't look too good with their back up qb but they made enough plays to win. I would love to see them play a high power offense team. And the cowboys beat a redskins team that turned the ball over 3 times. Say what you want about them but Alex Smith would never turn it over that much. Though the cowboys defense has looked good the past few weeks. This division is still weak as fuck.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
none of the teams that played yesterday really looked all that great except for the saints. That's a team i think will reach the bowl this year. They can keep up with any of the top offenses in the league and they got a decent defense. Bears didn't look too good with their back up qb but they made enough plays to win. I would love to see them play a high power offense team. And the cowboys beat a redskins team that turned the ball over 3 times. Say what you want about them but Alex Smith would never turn it over that much. Though the cowboys defense has looked good the past few weeks. This division is still weak as fuck.

I'm really surprised the Bears pulled off a W...it was a sloppy game all around but I guess a W is a W. Unless things change, the top dogs are still LA, NO, ad KC.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'm really surprised the Bears pulled off a W...it was a sloppy game all around but I guess a W is a W. Unless things change, the top dogs are still LA, NO, ad KC.

The bears defense is what kept them in that game. Lions arent a powerhouse offense but they were kept below their scoring average. I agree though the bears on offense really don't look all that great and even with Trubisky, I don't see them being able to transform their offense. But this is his first year and he can still improve. The bears are all in on this team for the next few years anyways.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Pretty sure Cordarelle Patterson deserved a penalty for Givin' Him the Business on that balls/dong grab.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Now that the Kareem Hunt sweepstakes has begun I think he makes a resurgence next season in a Patriots or Steelers jersey. Any thoughts?