Are sound channels on the AES3-6 really swapped

Plastiq

n00b
I was reading around I saw that on the AES3-6 revision the left and right channels are swapped. Is that true?

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
hi yes it's true. I have the 3-6 board. I sent it off to be re-capped and repaired and the guy also fixed the issue with the channels being reversed for free which I actually didn't even know about :)

pva

Mega Shock!!
To quote Neil from 8bitplus:

Another point is that the AES3-6 has its stereo output through the headphone port reversed. I was able to confirm this with comparison of the music from the same game on my MVS system. The simplistic solution would be to fix this at the scart cable end by swapping pins 2 & 4. However the console would still be incorrect when using headphones or other speakers, so its best to fix on the motherboard.

http://8bitplus.co.uk/your-consoles/neo-geo-aes-uni-bios-install/

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's not always swapped as the newer release of the 3-6 had it swapped fixed from the factory. If you see the two crossing resistors on your 3-6 then it's been fixed already.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
It's not always swapped as the newer release of the 3-6 had it swapped fixed from the factory. If you see the two crossing resistors on your 3-6 then it's been fixed already.

James, do you have a picture of a 3-6 board for reference that doesn't have the audio channels swapped?