Kavenaugh hearings are on

Marek

Banned
There seem to be screaming protestors every 5 minutes or so

I hope they get to something meaty here pretty soon

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Dude refused to shake the hand of one of the Stoneman Douglas High shooting victims' father. He ran away to his security detail, identified the father by the bracelet commemorating his daughter's death, and had security remove him from the premises.

He also wouldn't answer whether or not he thought a president can be compelled to comply with a subpoena.

Fuck this guy.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Let's dress up as women from A Handmaid's Tale. That'll really show him! :thevt::thevt::thevt:

Just like the doofs wearing V masks around.
Expressing political opinions through cosplay, we're doomed.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
How thankful is Kavanaugh for the distraction of the Woodward/NYT stories?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Kavenaugh is just the tip of the iceberg. Trump is on target to appoint a huge number of lower court judges with help from the Federalist Society and the Republican Party, who will tolerate just about anything he does in order to further their political agenda.

Marek

Banned
Kavenaugh is just the tip of the iceberg. Trump is on target to appoint a huge number of lower court judges with help from the Federalist Society and the Republican Party, who will tolerate just about anything he does in order to further their political agenda.

Jesus fuck

This is like a bad dream

Tech&Music

Another Striker
How thankful is Kavanaugh for the distraction of the Woodward/NYT stories?

I've already read theories that the Republicans do want Trump gone, but are just keeping him around as an useful idiot at least until the Supreme Court is in their favor for years to come, and that the NYT op-ed was specifically to boost ongoing controversy around Trump. That way, the Kavanaugh hearings will be out of the public's mind for the most part, as the media heavily fixates on playing the guessing game of who wrote that scathing op-ed. The mid-terms aren't looking hot for them, and Trump has hurt the Republican Party's credibility, but the SCOTUS being Republican leaning is worth the sacrifice, so that theory does make some sense.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the anonymous opinion piece is in line with the thinking that GOP wants him gone, after they get what they want.

This "hero" explicitly states that they have accomplished so much, but have had to stop him from his impulses, including a preemptive strike on NK.

But we don't know what papers were pulled. For all we know, it could have been an executive order pardoning all first time drug offenders, or a condemnation of Saudi civil rights abuse.

We don't know. But what we see is that there are people in the White House who want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to stop Trump from doing what he wants, whatever that is, and still have the status of working in the White House, and yeah, it's still status in DC. So when Trump and First Prostitute call the writer a coward, I am inclined to agree.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
the anonymous opinion piece is in line with the thinking that GOP wants him gone, after they get what they want.

This "hero" explicitly states that they have accomplished so much, but have had to stop him from his impulses, including a preemptive strike on NK.

But we don't know what papers were pulled. For all we know, it could have been an executive order pardoning all first time drug offenders, or a condemnation of Saudi civil rights abuse.

We don't know. But what we see is that there are people in the White House who want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to stop Trump from doing what he wants, whatever that is, and still have the status of working in the White House, and yeah, it's still status in DC. So when Trump and First Prostitute call the writer a coward, I am inclined to agree.

Did anyone else read this five times and still not get what wasabi's getting at, or if he's joking

If the leaker outs themselves, they're fired.

If they stay anonymous, they can still work behind the scenes and report what's going on.

Maybe they'll pull a Deepthroat and reveal who they are in 30 years if anyone still cares.

edit: on another note, I really like that part about status you added. It makes me wonder how many people whose beliefs conflict with Trump's would work with this administration if offered the chance.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Did anyone else read this five times and still not get what wasabi's getting at, or if he's joking

If they stay anonymous, they can still work behind the scenes and report what's going on.

Maybe they'll pull a Deepthroat and reveal who they are in 30 years if anyone still cares.

edit: on another note, I really like that part about status you added. It makes me wonder how many people whose beliefs conflict with Trump's would work with this administration if offered the chance.

I thought I was kind of clear. The GOP wants to keep their seats and get Trump out. It won't happen without a narrative of Trump-incompetence mixed with a proclamation of GOP clandestinery aimed at "national security and patriotism."

lithy

20 Year Member

I just want you to know I got it right away.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Does anyone else find it amusing that the White House is going on a witch hunt to find who wrote this letter?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
More accusations.

Will Kavanaugh withdraw before the hearing on Thursday?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
More accusations.

Will Kavanaugh withdraw before the hearing on Thursday?

Kavanaugh isn’t going to do anything that he isn’t told to do. He’d lock his children in an oven if some old white men told him to.

I don’t see why the GOP are fighting to put him on the bench like there’s no one else they can nominate.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Its bizarre.

Its kind of scary to think about why hes special to them.

Either they found the most incredible dirt on Amy Coney Barrett that they couldn’t cover up, or maybe they just didn’t feel that Hardiman would bend to every whim, like Bart O’Kavanaugh.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It is fun watching Republicans use the same tactics as a University protecting a football player accused of sexual misconduct.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Kavenaugh's new tactic: "I was a virgin at the time and for many years after."

Hmm, pretty sure he's being maligned for attempted rape and not rape itself. But that's a moot point if you can't believe a thing he says.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Just throwing this out there - I have no idea if this is plausible.

Kavenaugh has obviously got issues, whether the right will see it or not. If (GIANT "if" there), the Dems take control at the midterms, wouldn't it be more advantageous to have Kavenaugh as an SJ so that he could possibly be impeached and replaced with someone who isn't a nazi? They're currently banking on stalling the vote until after the midterms in hopes of flipping seats, which seems like a huge longshot to me. Would finding some impeachable offense be less of a longshot?

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is scum and shouldn't be elected, but I think whatever is more likely to get a centrist in his seat would be a better way to go.

lithy

20 Year Member
Would finding some impeachable offense be less of a longshot?

I would have to think that unless some far more recent issue where actual charges could be brought, this is a huge longshot. Not to mention that it could be incredibly costly to the Democrats if it has even the whiff of 'just because' partisan politics.

Same reason Democratic leadership won't discuss impeachment for Trump.