Geese's Thug
Finaly, all versions aren't the same, 512 Megs for Neo Geo MVS/AES. :confused:

AES and MVS LE version, how many ex. ?

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Looks like they changed their mind on Neo Geo enhancements:

We are really excited to be able to bring Xeno Crisis to the Neo Geo, and we’re planning to add a number of enhancements that just aren’t technically feasible on the Mega Drive version be that due to lack of ROM space, CPU performance or other Mega Drive limitations.

These enhancements will include an arcade attract mode, the ability to join in as the second player at any point, extra sprite frames, colour depth, palettes that we couldn’t quite squeeze in on the Mega Drive, more speech, sound effects, as well as full integration with Neo Geo hardware for features like coin/credit support, memory cards, etc...

I think I am going to get the JP AES version.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Preorder the LE and your name will appear as a hostage? Hell yes, I'll take one. Looks cool too. Q2 2019 remains to be seen though. If they pull that off, ngdev is doing something wrong.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I am surprised they didn't do a ROM release =/ £200 is a lot of money, especially as they are dropping this just before XMAS and ending pre-orders end of January. Think I will stick with the Megadrive version, although I am tempted.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I am surprised they didn't do a ROM release =/ £200 is a lot of money, especially as they are dropping this just before XMAS and ending pre-orders end of January. Think I will stick with the Megadrive version, although I am tempted.

I think that pre-order end date is only for the Collector’s Edition.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I went for the Standard Edition (US/EU, AES version)

£199.99 seems reasonable to me.

I just hope the games enjoyable.

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I'll preorder a copy after I recover from holiday shopping. Why do all these projects always land in December when I'm supposed to be shopping for other people?

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
So...they changed their mind on if it’s gonna utilize the Neo hardware. I’m mixed on if I want it

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I for one think that this is potentially a very interesting game, with this wise decision to enhance the neo geo version. Finally something non official which isn't some complete knock off.
If the pound value falls further it'll be all the more attractive

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I for one think that this is potentially a very interesting game, with this wise decision to enhance the neo geo version. Finally something non official which isn't some complete knock off.
If the pound value falls further it'll be all the more attractive

Just get the Connoisseur Disc version. It's like 1/6 the price.

IGDetail

n00b
Purchased the Standard Edition for MVS (US). All the games that are now on my wish list are in the $250 range so, unless this game is super short or falls flat, it's not an unreasonable price point. Thanks all here for the heads up on this, without this group I would never know these games even exist until it's too late.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Going with the cd version though the case is pretty unimpressive. The game however seems pretty cool.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I've got a spine card guy I can refer you to.
Ha funny I didnt even mention the spine card and you knew it needed one. Shit the one for last hope cd is slightly to small and doesnt even fit right as its improperly scored.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
I'll preorder a copy after I recover from holiday shopping. Why do all these projects always land in December when I'm supposed to be shopping for other people?

Agreed, I already have the Mega Drive Version preordered but if the budget permits and considering the enhancements for the Neo, I might take a stab at grabbing and AES cart.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Still haven't decided which version I want but the game looks pretty cool and the music sounds great. Might go with either the NGCD, MD Rom Download, Switch Version, or maybe a combination.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
So, what do you think guys, was that supposed to be NG:DEV's Ikari Warriors type game, but then Bitmap Bureau decided to bring it to the Neo without a proxy? Anyway, the game sure looks interesting.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Bit the bullet on a MVS LE edition. Still extremely sceptical on that Q2 2019 release date though (and that's putting it mildly).

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Well, now they've gone and done it. Another homebrew cart for collectors to buy. A lot of us will bite though. At least the standard edition costs less than we've seen historically.

Leback

Stakes Winner
It reminds me a lot of Alien breed on pc, released in the early nineties i think. Haven't tried any other homebrew titles on the neo but might get this one on AES.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I don't think the extras justify the upcharge for the collector's edition. Sure, having your name in the final game is nice but for 70 quid extra? Nope. Rest of the CE is pretty standard fare imo.

So I went with the regular edition and ordered the soundtrack on vinyl on top. Looking forward to receive Xeno Crisis before Kraut Buster :keke: