Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I read today on FB that they were going to make an update very soon on the progress of the neo versions (AES/MVS/CD)

Yeah, they are due. It’s been a few months since the last update. Hopefully, they will ship in 2020.

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
Having played the Genesis version, and seeing how terrible the controls are without having twin analog sticks...what's the control scheme going to be for the Neo Geo? Does anyone know?

EDIT: I know they said it'll be like shock troopers, which is fine...but that still isn't an exact answer. I hesitate to drop money on a Neo Geo version after how much I struggled with the Genesis control scheme.

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I ordered the PS4 version from Strictly Limited, they are very slow to ship stuff out, I haven’t played the digital or any other version but I would consider a Neo Cd version if I like the game enough.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Its already free on xbox gamepass. You move with 1 analog and your shooting face buttons. The best way to solve this is if they made the clicky neo stick your direction and then 1 button for shooting. It should just shoot whatever direction you're facing when you press the fire button.

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
I ordered the PS4 version from Strictly Limited, they are very slow to ship stuff out, I haven’t played the digital or any other version but I would consider a Neo Cd version if I like the game enough.

I ordered the Dreamcast version direct on Friday and it already arrived today (Singapore). Wonder what strictly limited issue is. The game is good btw. I finally found a Dreamcast twin stick so grabbed it for a break from Virtual-on.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I ordered the Dreamcast version direct on Friday and it already arrived today (Singapore). Wonder what strictly limited issue is. The game is good btw. I finally found a Dreamcast twin stick so grabbed it for a break from Virtual-on.

Nice that should be great with the twin stick. On their website they said it is next to ship after the current game shipping out whatever that is. They shipped Darius Arcade I had ordered almost two weeks ago, and it’s stuck in NYC, so even if it ships out I may have to wait with the delays due to COVID. I’ll look forward to it in the interim, hopefully it will play well with the analog stick

Maskman

New Challenger
Hello,

Someone could give the custom high resolution insert link for the MVS please ?

Thanks in advance
:)

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I have finished this game (with continue) on the Genesis, and now playing it on XB1, with twin-stick shooting for both. I must admit, I find the XB1 version way too fast/hard. Bullets seem to move at warp speed once you get to level 5 (Forest) and enemies are too big so you don't have a lot of room. I can't even imagine playing this without twin-stick.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I have finished this game (with continue) on the Genesis, and now playing it on XB1, with twin-stick shooting for both. I must admit, I find the XB1 version way too fast/hard. Bullets seem to move at warp speed once you get to level 5 (Forest) and enemies are too big so you don't have a lot of room. I can't even imagine playing this without twin-stick.

I must be missing something, how did you get twin stick shooting for Genesis?

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I must be missing something, how did you get twin stick shooting for Genesis?

You can use the 6 button controller on the Genesis. I use the 8bitdo M30 wireless controller and it works great.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
You can use the 6 button controller on the Genesis. I use the 8bitdo M30 wireless controller and it works great.

I am still not getting it :) I will go hit up YouTube and figure it out.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
6 buttons allow you to have 4 way shooting and the other 2 buttons for roll and grenade.

Shmuppy

Banned
If the Neo version has some kind of SNES SmashTV 4-Button/8-WAY style option for the virtual right stick, puhh... Take a 2nd Neo stick and map 1P stick buttons via cables to the second stick and voilla, Robotron setup and probably a cable mess if you don't wanna go serious with some detachable connection/cable. Or, geez complicated me... Just take a crap 16-bit pad and map it to the D-Pad.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If the Neo version has some kind of SNES SmashTV 4-Button/8-WAY style option for the virtual right stick, puhh... Take a 2nd Neo stick and map 1P stick buttons via cables to the second stick and voilla, Robotron setup and probably a cable mess if you don't wanna go serious with some detachable connection/cable. Or, geez complicated me... Just take a crap 16-bit pad and map it to the D-Pad.

I should mod one of my Atlas adapters to do that, I used to love playing Smash TV and Total Carnage.