Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Yart View Post
    I mean, I did suggest using multiplexing a few pages back that would allow twin-stick support for each player. I got slapped in the face for it though. lol

I got my MD ROM. Game kicks ass, more specifically my ass. I can't imagine moving from 6 buttons for 8 directional aiming to the Neo stick. I'm glad I went with the MD version if the Neo version is going to stay within' the four button limit.
    No kidding this game is pretty tough I only made it to stage 3. I tried both control schemes and liked the 3 button mode since it reminded me of Shock Troopers and games like Last Alert. I need to go back and try out the 6 button layout again. I am curious what control options they are going to do on the Neo version. Great game I am glad I bought the genesis rom.

I really like this game, but it's tough. The first boss's shots, for example, are difficult to avoid.

The more I play this, the more I think using start and select for roll and grenades on Neo Geo will be just fine. They'll have to include a second controller option for those using sticks and/or a cab, or course.

Rugal's Thug
    The first boss is pretty easy once you get the pattern down—it's basically just sweeping left and right with the right timing and generally aiming diagonally NW or NE to get some coverage on his adds at the same time—but you will definitely want to roll frequently during the last 40% of his healthbar or so, and rolling becomes even more vital later in the game (grenades are important, but a little less so). I can see getting used to using start/select for these on a CD pad, but I can't see it being nearly as intuitive as using shoulders on something like the Switch, the M30 or the Asciipad Sg-6. A custom pad or stick with the main 4 buttons in a cross configuration and start/select mapped to shoulders would work pretty well, though.

I need to get better at rolling and aiming without running into stuff. The first boss spawns a steady stream of enemies.

Chin's Drinking Partner

I've been playing this with a neo aes stick on my genesis and it's fine with the default 3 button control scheme. I appreciate that they did the 6 button scheme but it feels off regardless.

Geese's Thug

I also can't play with the 6 button control scheme but the 3 button scheme runs fine.

Igniz's Servant

I'm almost OK with the 6-button option until I have to move my thumb to roll or throw a grenade. Everything falls apart when I try to find those direction buttons again.
    The 3-button layout feels less taxing on my brain but somehow I get about as far with both layouts. I think I need to pick one and stick with it.
    Right now the game feels hard because of the controls.
    -Sega Dude

Visit me @ http://RetroMegabit.com

Thread Information