Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 352

Thread: Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

  1. #326
    Mega Shock!!

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuray View Post
    Umm.....I take it the games will be shipped from the UK? Which means that post-Brexit, every European like myself here will have to pay customs fees on the AES game....? Is there a chance you'll find another place to ship from? Not keen on adding 40 to be honest, plus the 80 mile drive to their offices.
    The likelihood of you ever having to pay import taxes for orders from the UK is the same as me having to do it for a Merc from Germany :-)

    As the UK is the largest European export market for German cars, I'm sure a free trade zone will be achieved...

    Money talks.

  2. #327
    Mai's Bosom Buddy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinball View Post
    Money talks.
    ...and if not, then let's have another referendum ;).

  3. #328
    Mega Shock!!

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    ...and if not, then let's have another referendum .
    Well of course anything might happen politically with the current UK clusterfuck ;-)

    But incompetent politicians aside, I do believe that if free trade can be agreed between the EU and Canada, US, Japan etc, then it should be possible with the UK, given that the starting point is that the UK is actually in the EU so has identical rules and processes. But whaddaiknow? ;-)

  4. #329
    Crazed MVS Addict
    J-P's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montreal, Canada

    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinball View Post
    The likelihood of you ever having to pay import taxes for orders from the UK is the same as me having to do it for a Merc from Germany :-)

    As the UK is the largest European export market for German cars, I'm sure a free trade zone will be achieved...

    Money talks.
    er... not really.

    There is no free trade (in those terms) with Canada and the USA and the UK/EU. Freedom of movement for (EU manufactured) goods, (as well as people and trade) is an EU exclusive deal. There are tariff reductions (based on trade deals like CEFTA or NAFTA). New trade deals will need to be negotiated.

    So yes - people exporting (British manufactured goods) from the UK will incur duties and sales tax charges on any other EU importer. Just as if they had imported something from any other nation on the globe. The UK won't get special treatment.

    It's basic export/import stuff. When you import (foreign manufactured) goods to the UK from Canada, or from the USA, you still have to pay duties and taxes on those goods (based on their country of origin). Same would go for UK>EU. That will be (quite a large part) of what will screw the UK post Brexit. UK manufactured items will technically become a non-EU export

  5. #330
    Mega Shock!!

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    100
    I think it will be fine. EU negotiators threaten and cajole as negotiators do, and Barnier is a superb hatchet negotiator, but it will work out. Thanks for the fatalism though :-)

    As I alluded, Germany holds the key, as it is a huge exporter, second only to China & the US. Germany will not wish to lose the large UK export market through tariffs, particularly given the worsening EU trade & economic situation. The EU election results have also changed things dramatically. Basically, the UK is not the most anti-EU nation, it's just the only one giving the people a referendum. So I expect deals to be struck, to which neither you nor I are privy...

    Time will tell, and I'm optimistic.
    Last edited by Pinball; 05-27-2019 at 05:09 PM.

  6. #331
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    Gaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The 7th circle

    Posts
    794
    Stay on topic, what's going on with this game (as in project update wink wink)
    Neo Geo AES JP serial #108523 | Super Neo AES JP serial #081188

  7. #332
    Rugal's Thug
    gameofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio

    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post
    Stay on topic, what's going on with this game (as in project update wink wink)
    There is an update for April/May:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2526204
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com


  8. #333
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    32,222
    meaning that we can now include even more sound effects than we originally could which all adds to the experience.
    lmbo nah, I don't believe you're adding sound effects when you're supposed to be already finished with the game

  9. #334
    Mai's Bosom Buddy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    lmbo nah, I don't believe you're adding sound effects when you're supposed to be already finished with the game
    Wait, it could be. Remember Shadowrun on the SNES? The later jpn. version published by Data East was enhanced by Beam Software, primary with better Sound F/X. So, a finished game got additional sound effects. It's far fetched, though.

  10. #335
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    32,222
    Y'know what Ollie, I don't remember.

  11. #336
    Mai's Bosom Buddy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    6,293
    Then I'm glad my reminder wasn't for nothing. I always wondered if those cosmetics were a worthy tradeoff for the Vladimir Glitch.

  12. #337
    B. Jenet's Firstmate
    Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Santa Cruz, California

    Posts
    403
    Why is nobody asking the important question? What color plastic will the MVS cart be?

    Game looks great, can't wait!
    -Finch

  13. #338
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    32,222
    edit: Wrong thread
    Last edited by LoneSage; 06-16-2019 at 07:45 AM.

  14. #339
    Cham Cham's Banana
    DracoBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco

    Posts
    151
    Definitely looking forward to getting my hands on this!

  15. #340
    NEST Puppet
    capnd77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    tampa, fl

    Posts
    173

  16. #341
    NEST Puppet
    capnd77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    tampa, fl

    Posts
    173

  17. #342
    Leona's Therapist
    Montatez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The North.

    Posts
    1,966
    A lot slower producing the game then expected but I should not have expected anything less.

    A quality game is all I care about.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

    A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

    I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

  18. #343

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    8,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Montatez View Post
    A lot slower producing the game then expected but I should not have expected anything less.

    A quality game is all I care about.
    I don't know a lot about the MD version, but count me very impressed with the reported progress on the Neo Geo version.

  19. #344
    NEST Puppet
    capnd77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    tampa, fl

    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    I don't know a lot about the MD version, but count me very impressed with the reported progress on the Neo Geo version.
    The Megadrive version is quite impressive and one of the most polished indie games I've ever seen on the console. These guys definitely know what they're doing, I've already pre-ordered the Megadrive version. I would happily support the Neo Geo version but I'm not sure that the improvements over the Megadrive version warrant the significant cost difference. I get the impression that they don't want to alienate the Megadrive fans that helped get the game initially funded. But as a Neo Geo fan, that's what I love about the system. Seeing visuals that just couldn't be replicated by the Megadrive or SNES. So fingers crossed that there is a marked improvement over the already impressive Megadrive version.

    Megadrive gameplay on a CRT.

    https://youtu.be/t1l_b1xskcE
    Last edited by capnd77; 07-26-2019 at 06:21 PM.

  20. #345
    Azu Bla

    Bishamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada

    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by capnd77 View Post
    The Megadrive version is quite impressive and one of the most polished indie games I've ever seen on the console. These guys definitely know what they're doing, I've already pre-ordered the Megadrive version. I would happily support the Neo Geo version but I'm not sure that the improvements over the Megadrive version warrant the significant cost difference. I get the impression that they don't want to alienate the Megadrive fans that helped get the game initially funded. But as a Neo Geo fan, that's what I love about the system. Seeing visuals that just couldn't be replicated by the Megadrive or SNES. So fingers crossed that there is a marked improvement over the already impressive Megadrive version.

    Megadrive gameplay on a CRT.

    https://youtu.be/t1l_b1xskcE
    That's damn impressive!

  21. #346
    Mai's Bosom Buddy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    6,293
    I remember how much impressed I was with Core's Skeleton Krew on the MD, yet, all this sophisticated programming couldn't transcend into more than an alluring tech-demo.

  22. #347
    NEST Puppet
    capnd77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    tampa, fl

    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    I remember how much impressed I was with Core's Skeleton Krew on the MD, yet, all this sophisticated programming couldn't transcend into more than an alluring tech-demo.
    Skeleton Krew is definitely a beautiful MD game but the controls were awkward and slow. Looking at Xeno Crisis, I don't get that impression. They've stated that they're using a control scheme similar to that of Shock Troopers. So time will tell, I'm optimistic however.

  23. #348
    Belnar Institute Student
    TikTekTak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Austria

    Posts
    607
    Wow that video looks really nice! Very impressive work on the visual side!

  24. #349
    Mai's Bosom Buddy

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by capnd77 View Post
    Skeleton Krew is definitely a beautiful MD game but the controls were awkward and slow. Looking at Xeno Crisis, I don't get that impression. They've stated that they're using a control scheme similar to that of Shock Troopers. So time will tell, I'm optimistic however.
    Yeah, I agree with you, but let's not forget that Skeleton was fully axonometric 3D, like Landstalker, which technically places it way above the more simplistic top-down perspective of Xeno. I only wish Core had handled the Genesis port of Viewpoint back then.

  25. #350
    Kuroko's Training Dummy

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Leeds, UK

    Posts
    84
    Technical prowess is just a starting point. Having the diligence and motivation to marry that craft to a nice playing game is the real trick - and it was sometimes very difficult/impossible to have that happen when you ran these projects commercially.

    I think it's hilarious these days to see kickstarter punters start to learn a little of what it is like to "work" with games developers, especially the kinds of projects which are a bit of an experiment. It's not the full picture, nor the same context (ks is supposed to be a kind of pre-order, rather than a monetry investment/return, but there is something of an emotional/time/engagement investment on the part of someone who follows a project), but it certainly helps illuminate the kind of BS that publishers get themselves into when working in this field. Learning that ambition and reality rarely go in hand (smoothly), dealing with creep, projecting your wishes/understanding onto someone elses project, deadlines and promises, how to reign it all into something sensible and who you can ultimately trust with your cash - it's a really intriguing situation.

    So, yeah I don't believe everything I've been told by these guys, I'm not sure there's as much game here as I'd like, but they still seem to have done a fantastic job, taken good advice/help whenever they could and honestly seem to have done a real good job with more honest love for what they do than most ... plus done it in a very reasonable time frame.

    It is easy to be salty on the ng version, because it is kind of the other version for crazy people. BUT if you were on the dev team and this kind of thing was your area of interest there's no way you wouldn't like to do a ng version if you found you could - so yeah I think it's more an extra for them than you, but of course you can buy it if you'd like it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •