Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

Missile

Another Striker
Well its cool you made these little programs anyway requires lots of skill.
Sounds more like animations rather than games is that right Missile?
Can you give some insight into what you think the difficulties in porting the game will be?

Well thank you. I did make my own games. I generally had a plan to get a proper artist to re-do the graphics if I ever finished one. But I never did.

I don't think it will be that hard but more time consuming. I got the impression from the previous post that they haven't got that far yet so that's why I said that. From what I understand the Megadrive is a lot more complex than the Neo Geo so it shouldn't be that hard for them to port it. The Neo Geo is actually very simple/elegant hardware compared to most machines. It's just everything always takes a lot longer than you expect.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
@bitmapbureau - I'm really torn between the US and JPN style releases....since I have a mixed collection anyways, I can pick freely, so to say. Any chance you could show the updated versions of the covers, if there are any yet? I'm leaning towards US style for this one but the Bitmap Bureau logo on the Japan version looks so much nicer.
Yeah, it's minor, I know. :)

Mr Morden

n00b
Well thank you. I did make my own games. I generally had a plan to get a proper artist to re-do the graphics if I ever finished one. But I never did.

I don't think it will be that hard but more time consuming. I got the impression from the previous post that they haven't got that far yet so that's why I said that. From what I understand the Megadrive is a lot more complex than the Neo Geo so it shouldn't be that hard for them to port it. The Neo Geo is actually very simple/elegant hardware compared to most machines. It's just everything always takes a lot longer than you expect.

Thanks for the breakdown very intresting so porting megadrive to neo geo is reasonably easy.
You learn something everyday I guess.

SouthAmericaNeo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I think the Mega Driver Version is the one to get. It can't look that much better on the Neo if it is just a port.

Last edited:

SouthAmericaNeo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Didn’t they say the NEO version would take advantage of the hardware?

I ask and they say nothing major. More colors for sure and less slow down but don't excpect new sprites. Possibly more animation but no Mega Drive I will get or possibly Neo Geo CD

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Why has the purchase window been extended? Preorders were supposed to have ended already. Also, an update would be nice.
My prediction; hardware sourcing for Neo sucks. New ETA 29th August 20XX

Why has the purchase window been extended? Preorders were supposed to have ended already. Also, an update would be nice.
My prediction; hardware sourcing for Neo sucks. New ETA 29th August 20XX

There were several people who were having problems pre-ordering because of issues with their credit cards, so we left the window open a little longer to give them a chance to get things sorted - I expect we'll remove the Collector's Editions from our site in the next day or two. All's well on the hardware sourcing front and we'll have something to show in our next Kickstarter update shortly.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
There were several people who were having problems pre-ordering because of issues with their credit cards, so we left the window open a little longer to give them a chance to get things sorted - I expect we'll remove the Collector's Editions from our site in the next day or two. All's well on the hardware sourcing front and we'll have something to show in our next Kickstarter update shortly.

While you're here could you address my question from above? My preorder really only hinges on that. :)

While you're here could you address my question from above? My preorder really only hinges on that. :)

Ah yes, sorry, we've not revisited the cover design since the original mockups, but if and when we do make any revisions then we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I apologize if this has already been answered, but I didn't see it. Is the Steam version based on the Mega Drive or the Neo Geo?

Ir0n

n00b

This is 100% true and thank god for Mike.. he help me for like an hour and a half over emails to get it sorted .. this was the last day to get the limited edition too or was..glad you extended it.

So thanks for that.

I apologize if this has already been answered, but I didn't see it. Is the Steam version based on the Mega Drive or the Neo Geo?

The Steam, Switch, PS4, and XBox One versions have been finished for a while and we're now finishing up the Mega Drive and Dreamcast versions, so if anything you could say that the Mega Drive version is based on the PC version. We were careful to stick to certain limits whilst developing the PC version so that it was technically feasible on the Mega Drive. We'll be returning to the Neo Geo version when the MD and DC versions are done, so there will obviously be enhancements / changes for the Neo Geo that don't feature in the previous versions.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
The Steam, Switch, PS4, and XBox One versions have been finished for a while and we're now finishing up the Mega Drive and Dreamcast versions, so if anything you could say that the Mega Drive version is based on the PC version. We were careful to stick to certain limits whilst developing the PC version so that it was technically feasible on the Mega Drive. We'll be returning to the Neo Geo version when the MD and DC versions are done, so there will obviously be enhancements / changes for the Neo Geo that don't feature in the previous versions.
Got it. I am then inferring that the Neo Geo version will be the "optimal" one. Thank you!

SouthAmericaNeo

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Will there be a Neo Geo CD version? I may do that one.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
I've got 4 copies of this game coming now, mega drive rom, dreamcast iso, switch digital and NGCD physical... would love MVS but a bit rich for my blood... lol

Last edited:

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Just put my order in for an MVS edition! Looking forward to this game. :buttrock:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Badass looking game for sure, hopefully I can pick up a copy.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Ordered a MVS copy, ready to see more going to be amazing game.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Yeah pretty cool to see footage of some of the later stages/areas. Nice update!