Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

Mr Morden

n00b
That's really nice for people that backed this with a physical copy! Had I known they were going to do that I wouldn't have ordered the physical copy...

This is why I'm posting this info just to make sure everyone who buys knows that it will be available as a ROM as well.
The dev was very friendly and forthcoming I think clear communication on what people are buying will help people make an informed choice.
If the board does not contain security measures then its would be dumped anyway they might as well sell the ROM.

pva

Overtop Pathfinder
That's really nice for people that backed this with a physical copy! Had I known they were going to do that I wouldn't have ordered the physical copy...

Same here. I hope the ROM version will be made available for free or at a discount for people who bought the physical version. Having a cart sitting on your shelf is nice and all, but a NeoSD is so much more convenient for playing on.

I do, however, want to applaud Bitmap Bureau for releasing the first digitally distributed commercial game for the Neo Geo! I hope to see more of them in the future from other devs as well.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You all backed hundreds of dollars of a Mega Drive game that is said to be ported to the Neo Geo with 'enhancements', despite no visual evidence of any of it, and now you're bitching because there could've been a cheaper version? Not buying it. You all were in it for the nookie. Bring a girl home and she stops and says, "holy fucking christ is that the Neo version of XENO CRISIS" and you respond with "bitch what you think."

Still waiting for the Mega Drive port to happen which shoulda launched in October of last year. That Brit who's pissed saying, "durrrrr i wish i knew they'd do a ROM release beforehand" motherfucker do you honestly think they got a goddamn plan for this? They're making it up as they go. First it went, "well i like smash tv so let's make an aliens version of it" and now it's gotten to this.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
You all backed hundreds of dollars of a Mega Drive game that is said to be ported to the Neo Geo with 'enhancements', despite no visual evidence of any of it, and now you're bitching because there could've been a cheaper version? Not buying it. You all were in it for the nookie. Bring a girl home and she stops and says, "holy fucking christ is that the Neo version of XENO CRISIS" and you respond with "bitch what you think."

Still waiting for the Mega Drive port to happen which shoulda launched in October of last year. That Brit who's pissed saying, "durrrrr i wish i knew they'd do a ROM release beforehand" motherfucker do you honestly think they got a goddamn plan for this? They're making it up as they go. First it went, "well i like smash tv so let's make an aliens version of it" and now it's gotten to this.
Quoted for posterity, these comedown drunk 'fucking nerds and their video games' posts of yours make for some embarrassing reading.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Same here. I hope the ROM version will be made available for free or at a discount for people who bought the physical version. Having a cart sitting on your shelf is nice and all, but a NeoSD is so much more convenient for playing on.

I do, however, want to applaud Bitmap Bureau for releasing the first digitally distributed commercial game for the Neo Geo! I hope to see more of them in the future from other devs as well.

That is a great idea, to throw in the download for free, with physical purchase. Hopefully, they will do this!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Quoted for posterity, these comedown drunk 'fucking nerds and their video games' posts of yours make for some embarrassing reading.

But there are some points which ring true. Like the fact that they are making it all up as they go along

Mr Morden

n00b
"well i like smash tv so let's make an aliens version of it"
Quoted for truth.
The game looks fun I like smash tv and I like aliens what is not to love here?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
But there are some points which ring true. Like the fact that they are making it all up as they go along

Yes! Thank you

"Hey let's make a mega drive Smash TV clone"

OK

"Hey let's port it to Dreamcast"

sure why not

"Hey let's make an exclusive Neo port even though we have released zero previews of the differences and are in way over our heads"

wait

"Ooooo how about just a simple ROM download of the Neo version because wgaf about encryption"

bro wha-

"Hey, how about an Atari demake-"

*gunshots*

XENO CRISIS COMING SOON 2021

Last edited:

Mr Morden

n00b
Yeah like a lot of kickstarters they are improvising on the fly but the project still looks great.

yo "Hey, how about an Atari demake-" where can I preorder this???

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Come to think of it... Atari 2600 never got Robotron. There's even room enough for a dual-stick control scheme controversy. This question came up on atariage in '02, there's a demo on YT from '09, tl;dr aside: 2084 sounds realistic.

Mr Morden

n00b
Why not use a custom trakball controller that way we could play irritating maze as it was originally intended as a bonus.
The project looks good hopefully they will make it quarter two this year for launch.
P.s Any idea when "crouching pony hidden dragon" neo geo version will finally be out i prerecorded 20 copy's so I could scalp on eBay

Missile

Another Striker
Doesn't bother me if there will be a digital ROM release. I bought the game to play and own. And you can get a ROM for pretty much any Neo Geo AES game. Doesn't affect the price you pay for an original AES cart. They should have made it clear before they accepted pre-orders though.

"We’re planning to add a number of enhancements that just aren’t technically feasible on the Mega Drive version be that due to lack of ROM space, CPU performance or other Mega Drive limitations. These enhancements will include an arcade attract mode, the ability to join in as the second player at any point, extra sprite frames, colour depth, palettes that we couldn’t quite squeeze in on the Mega Drive, more speech, sound effects, as well as full integration with Neo Geo hardware for features like coin/credit support, memory cards, etc... We're also looking to use some scaling effects where appropriate too."

This bother me slightly because it sounds like they haven't even started the Neo Geo version yet. This is probably going to take a lot longer than they expect. Having said that, this is the type of game you could use HPman's Datlib (a great module of high level routines to move sprites, scroll screens etc which saves the developer programming time) to write.

Mr Morden

n00b
I still have high hopes for the project it looks great and the credentials of the team are excellent.

"This bother me slightly because it sounds like they haven't even started the Neo Geo version yet. This is probably going to take a lot longer than they expect. Having said that, this is the type of game you could use HPman's Datlib (a great module of high level routines to move sprites, scroll screens etc which saves the developer programming time) to write. "

Seems like you have a fairly strong background do you work in the games industry?

Missile

Another Striker
Seems like you have a fairly strong background do you work in the games industry?

No just a hobbyist programmer who has made some terrible games :) I've played around with the NGDevkit a bit though. So I know the hardware fairly well.

Mr Morden

n00b
For people who are worried about the quality of the neo geo version look at the projects that Bitmap bureau staff members have worked.
They have strong background in games production and i think this is going to turn out well.

"No just a hobbyist programmer who has made some terrible games I've played around with the NGDevkit a bit though. So I know the hardware fairly well. "

Stream green light bad or worse than that?

aam

War Room Troll
Doesn't bother me if there will be a digital ROM release. I bought the game to play and own. And you can get a ROM for pretty much any Neo Geo AES game. Doesn't affect the price you pay for an original AES cart. They should have made it clear before they accepted pre-orders though.

This bother me slightly because it sounds like they haven't even started the Neo Geo version yet. This is probably going to take a lot longer than they expect. Having said that, this is the type of game you could use HPman's Datlib (a great module of high level routines to move sprites, scroll screens etc which saves the developer programming time) to write.

What about reading the op that literally talks about the same stuff?

Missile

Another Striker
For people who are worried about the quality of the neo geo version look at the projects that Bitmap bureau staff members have worked.
They have strong background in games production and i think this is going to turn out well.

"No just a hobbyist programmer who has made some terrible games I've played around with the NGDevkit a bit though. So I know the hardware fairly well. "

Stream green light bad or worse than that?

Just made them for myself. I like them. I never finish anything. It's a lot of work making a game. Just to make a man walk or make a spaceship blow apart, can take a whole day drawing animation frames. Then you got to code it too.

What about reading the op that literally talks about the same stuff?

I read it weeks ago but just re-read it. Yes it mentions HPMan, what about it? Doesn't say the same thing at all.

Mr Morden

n00b
Well its cool you made these little programs anyway requires lots of skill.
Sounds more like animations rather than games is that right Missile?
Can you give some insight into what you think the difficulties in porting the game will be?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Now that Kraut Buster is out, let's all focus our attention on Xeno Crisis again.
WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT, YOU SAID Q2, IT'S ALMOST Q2, WHERE IS MY GAME!?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Now that Kraut Buster is out, let's all focus our attention on Xeno Crisis again.
WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT, YOU SAID Q2, IT'S ALMOST Q2, WHERE IS MY GAME!?

In your rectum, sir.

Yart

n00b
I've been practicing with putting two joysticks up my rectum. It really helps the MVS carts just slide in. You should try it!!

Mr Morden

n00b
I've been practicing with putting two joysticks up my rectum. It really helps the MVS carts just slide in. You should try it!!

Remind me never to buy used carts from you.
That said what you do with your private property is your own affair.

All joking aside if it arrives in Q2 or even 3 i will be very happy and impressed.