Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

Igniz's Servant

Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

Here's some very cool and surprising news.

I did a quick search and didn't find this posted even though Razoola and Jeff certainly already knew about it.

I'm pretty sure I'll be willing to double down and get this for the Genesis and Neo Geo; assuming it will be available for MVS.

---

Mega Shock

What about retro platforms we hear you cry? What was under that Xeno Crisis t-shirt in May’s update? Well we’re super excited to say we’ll be bringing Xeno Crisis to Neo Geo.

The Neo Geo is no easy undertaking, but after having our arm twisted by HPMAN ;-) and after an initial test porting of Xeno Crisis (largely to check procedural level generation) back in May we’re happy the Neo Geo is within reach. The Neo Geo homebrew scene just like the Mega Drive scene has been amazing! As well as HPMAN a big thanks goes out to Jeff Kurtz, Razoola, Mike Wolak, Frazer Rhodes and Neil @8Bitplus. It wouldn’t have been possible to consider the Neo Geo without your help.

Of course we’re not doing any further work on developing the Neo Geo version until we’ve finished with the Mega Drive and Dreamcast release. However we’ve got a survey for those that wish to express their interest in the Neo Geo version and to make sure they don’t miss out when we open pre-orders in the future - it will be a very limited edition release!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...-QbTw/viewform
    Last edited by TheSegaDude; 09-03-2018 at 06:27 PM.
    -Sega Dude

Visit me @ http://RetroMegabit.com

Crossed Swords Squire

Great news !

- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

Good on them and all for making a game, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth when the game wasn't made for the Neo in mind.

Porting a Genesis/Mega Drive game to the Neo is just silly and pointless, and honestly they will be in over their heads getting the right shells and PCBs to make for it imo.

It's borderline sacrilege really. Genesis and SNES had their own versions of the same games, but the Neo was only for Neo games.
    Last edited by LoneSage; 09-04-2018 at 05:31 AM.

Scottish And Proud.
    We All Have Our
    Burdens To Bear.

Port it to Neo Geo so you can sell it at $500 a pop, instead of $50 a pop on Megadrive
    Come join us in West Korea

Igniz's Servant

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Good on them and all for making a game, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth when the game wasn't made for the Neo in mind.

Porting a Genesis/Mega Drive game to the Neo is just silly and pointless, and honestly they will be in over their heads getting the right shells and PCBs to make for it imo.

It's borderline sacrilege really. Genesis and SNES had their own versions of the same games, but the Neo was only for Neo games.
    This is a good point. Why bother porting a game to the Neo Geo when the same version can be played on a Genesis. I doubt they'll be able to add anything to the Neo version to take advantage of the extra horse power; but if they can that would make it much more appealing.

It's still great to see another developer putting out a new title for the Neo Geo.
    -Sega Dude

This is what happens
    When you constantly
    Piss off the Management.

If they dont at bare minimum make use of the vastly improved color palette then this project is totally pointless. Straight genesis port to NEO•GEO = major fail...

I wonder how they’ll utilize the soundchip...

If they added extra features like levels, bosses, playable characters, etc that would be cool... if its on neo make the game worth the price tag which will certianly be astronomically high as usual..
    Last edited by Massive Urethra Chode; 09-04-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Setsuna's Owl Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    A CD port is the best way to go, IMO. Nothing about this game compels me to spend $500+.

Robert Garcia's Butler

Awesome! I've suggested they consider a ROM release via Neo SD. Since I believe if they speak to Terra Onion there will be a way to "sign" a ROM file to the customers cart.
    My YouTube channel contains some MVS repairs and stuff:-
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GadgetUK164

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetUK View Post
    Awesome! I've suggested they consider a ROM release via Neo SD. Since I believe if they speak to Terra Onion there will be a way to "sign" a ROM file to the customers cart.
    This would make sense.

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

I'd be all for this as well. It's hard to justify the price of a new cart when the game is also being released cheaper for other platforms.

Robert Garcia's Butler

Quote Originally Posted by ChopstickSamurai View Post
    I'd be all for this as well. It's hard to justify the price of a new cart when the game is also being released cheaper for other platforms.
    Yeah, certainly more affordable than 300 euros+ for a cart I expect! I am sure they would sell more copies that way since pretty much everyone with a Neo SD would want to buy it i'me sure.
    My YouTube channel contains some MVS repairs and stuff:-
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GadgetUK164

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

This game looks like it would be better suited to SNES or NGCD due to the controller button layout.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

Kula's Diamond

This. I'd buy a rom for my NeoSD.

Astra Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    This game looks like it would be better suited to SNES or NGCD due to the controller button layout.
    My thoughts too. Love me some smash tv on the ng but won't play well unless you're using a pad!
    Neo Geo AES JP serial #108523 | Super Neo AES JP serial #081188

Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

Quote Originally Posted by TheSegaDude View Post
    This is a good point. Why bother porting a game to the Neo Geo when the same version can be played on a Genesis.
    Because rubes with more money than sense like yourself will buy anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.
    There's a reason why I don't post much here...

That's a clever idea. Good thinking for benefit of others.
    Discounted shipping, even for your private buy/sell/trade threads on the forum. No membership fees.

Morden's Lackey

Imho the only economical choice would be the neo cd but, as its been seen in the past no one buys neocd games so its probably pointless. Collectards will pay $500 easily for a genesis game on the AES or MVS though. I kinda agree its pointless if they dont try to take any extra advantage of the neo though.

I'd pony up for the cd version but I might as well just snab a Dreamcast version.

Igniz's Servant

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    Because rubes with more money than sense like yourself will buy anything.
    If they do a good job of it and it's not too expensive then yes I'd want to buy it in addition to the Genesis version.

Will it have an arcade and home mode? Attract mode? All those things that should be baked into a proper Neo Geo game.
    -Sega Dude

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

I was hearing some interview on youtube and the guy who created the game doesn't want the Dreamcast version or any port to be superior to the Genesis Version. So it will most likely be a port of the Genesis version on the Neo with different controls of course.

You'll probably have the option to download the Rom for the Neo like you could for the Genny and DC.
    Last edited by RAZO; 09-06-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

All those things that should be baked into a proper Neo Geo game.
    How would you know? That would imply that you would actually have to play the games you horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.
    There's a reason why I don't post much here...

Igniz's Servant

How would you know? That would imply that you would actually have to play the games you horde.
    Yeah, something sounds fishy, don't it?
    -Sega Dude

No more expensive carts for homebrew please.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    This. I'd take a NeoSD-compatible ROM over a physical cart any day.

The MD ROM was priced at 15 during the Kickstarter campaign, but since there haven't been any commercially released downloadable NG titles, it's hard to say what the price point for a NG ROM release would be.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Tru dat. Let us just pay a fair price for the rom and be done with it.

Thread Information