Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I love the look of this game, but I'm guessing they're underestimating the effort it takes to get this game working on the NG.
Also, I am still wondering how the controls are going to work. Curious to see where this is going.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Thanks, kuk!

giphy.gif

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
^Swedish slang for penis also.

On topic: gotta agree with Neo Alec (gasp!) All of these Neo homebrews are terrible.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I’m interested to see what ridiculous amount of cash they’re going to charge for a Neo version that offers nothing over the Megadrive release...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I’m interested to see what ridiculous amount of cash they’re going to charge for a Neo version that offers nothing over the Megadrive release...

Weren't they just going to sell the rom for the NeoSd. Can't see them charging more than $30 for that.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
This does look pretty cool, but if there are no advantages to having it on the Neo I'd rather just scoop teh MD ROMz.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Bitmap Bureau said:
Neo Geo Pre-Order

Talking of pre-orders, don’t worry Neo Geo fans - we have not forgotten about you, and will be opening up pre-orders for the AES, MVS and CD versions in the next couple of weeks. If you want to be notified as soon as pre-orders are open then please be sure to fill out our survey here:

https://goo.gl/forms/r5hCZ3wiLNjjO9j03

Source

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Bitmap Bureau on twitter saying AES art work ready to be unveiled this week.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
is this already out for the genesis?

Ir0n

n00b
I love these types of games..It looks really fun especially with a friend.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Is there any improvements on the Neo Geo version to make it superior to the Mega Drive version?

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
No improvements. All versions are the same.

sega-mag.com said:
La Neo Geo offre de nouvelles possibilités, en termes de couleurs, ou de capacités de zoom. Allez-vous les utiliser ?
Bitmap Bureau said:
Nous pensons que la proposition Mega Drive de Xeno Crisis est déjà suffisamment forte, et qu'elle devrait être tout aussi impressionnante sur Neo Geo. Nous voulons aussi nous assurer que la version Mega Drive ne soit pas inférieure aux autres versions du jeu - il serait très simple d'ajouter des effets de particules ou des effets de lumière sur les consoles modernes par exemple, mais Xeno Crisis a été conçu comme un jeu Mega Drive depuis le début, et nous voulons que tout le monde joue au jeu tel qu'il a été imaginé à l'origine.
Source

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Forget my last post, they changed their minds! Latest email received 5 minutes ago:

Bitmap Bureau said:
Thank you to everyone who kindly filled out our survey for Xeno Crisis on the Neo Geo.

We’re pleased to announce that pre-orders for the Neo Geo version of Xeno Crisis are now open:
https://shop.bitmapbureau.com
1.png

Xeno Crisis Standard Edition for AES/MVS is available for £199 / ~€220 / ~$250
Xeno Crisis Collector’s Edition for AES/MVS is available for £269 / ~€299 / ~$339
Xeno Crisis for Neo Geo CD is available for £30 / ~€33 / ~$38

Please note that the AES / MVS Collector’s Edition will only be available to purchase until the end of January 2019.

We are really excited to be able to bring Xeno Crisis to the Neo Geo, and we’re planning to add a number of enhancements that just aren’t technically feasible on the Mega Drive version be that due to lack of ROM space, CPU performance or other Mega Drive limitations.

These enhancements will include an arcade attract mode, the ability to join in as the second player at any point, extra sprite frames, colour depth, palettes that we couldn’t quite squeeze in on the Mega Drive, more speech, sound effects, as well as full integration with Neo Geo hardware for features like coin/credit support, memory cards, etc...

We’ve been busy pushing on with the initial steps of the Neo Geo release over the last few months, firming up supply chain options and making progress on hardware / software development.

Next steps whilst the Mega Drive version is being completed will be finalising PCB designs, sourcing the other physical elements and commissioning plastic molds as these have long lead times. We will continue to provide monthly updates of progress - our current target isto release in Q2 2019.

Thanks,
Bitmap Bureau

https://bitmapbureau.com
https://xenocrisis.com

-SD-

Camel Slug
I decided to Big Tyme it and go for a Japanese style Collector’s Edition...