Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

Rugal's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by Samuray View Post
    Umm.....I take it the games will be shipped from the UK? Which means that post-Brexit, every European like myself here will have to pay customs fees on the AES game....? Is there a chance you'll find another place to ship from? Not keen on adding 40 to be honest, plus the 80 mile drive to their offices.
    The likelihood of you ever having to pay import taxes for orders from the UK is the same as me having to do it for a Merc from Germany :-)

As the UK is the largest European export market for German cars, I'm sure a free trade zone will be achieved...

Money talks.

DrillSlug Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball View Post
    Money talks.
    ...and if not, then let's have another referendum ;).

Rugal's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    ...and if not, then let's have another referendum .
    Well of course anything might happen politically with the current UK clusterfuck ;-)

But incompetent politicians aside, I do believe that if free trade can be agreed between the EU and Canada, US, Japan etc, then it should be possible with the UK, given that the starting point is that the UK is actually in the EU so has identical rules and processes. But whaddaiknow? ;-)

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball View Post
    The likelihood of you ever having to pay import taxes for orders from the UK is the same as me having to do it for a Merc from Germany :-)

As the UK is the largest European export market for German cars, I'm sure a free trade zone will be achieved...

Money talks.
    er... not really.

There is no free trade (in those terms) with Canada and the USA and the UK/EU. Freedom of movement for (EU manufactured) goods, (as well as people and trade) is an EU exclusive deal. There are tariff reductions (based on trade deals like CEFTA or NAFTA). New trade deals will need to be negotiated.

So yes - people exporting (British manufactured goods) from the UK will incur duties and sales tax charges on any other EU importer. Just as if they had imported something from any other nation on the globe. The UK won't get special treatment.

It's basic export/import stuff. When you import (foreign manufactured) goods to the UK from Canada, or from the USA, you still have to pay duties and taxes on those goods (based on their country of origin). Same would go for UK>EU. That will be (quite a large part) of what will screw the UK post Brexit. UK manufactured items will technically become a non-EU export

Rugal's Thug

I think it will be fine. EU negotiators threaten and cajole as negotiators do, and Barnier is a superb hatchet negotiator, but it will work out. Thanks for the fatalism though :-)

As I alluded, Germany holds the key, as it is a huge exporter, second only to China & the US. Germany will not wish to lose the large UK export market through tariffs, particularly given the worsening EU trade & economic situation. The EU election results have also changed things dramatically. Basically, the UK is not the most anti-EU nation, it's just the only one giving the people a referendum. So I expect deals to be struck, to which neither you nor I are privy...

Time will tell, and I'm optimistic.
    Last edited by Pinball; 05-27-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Dodgeball Yakuza

Stay on topic, what's going on with this game (as in project update wink wink)
    Neo Geo AES JP serial #108523 | Super Neo AES JP serial #081188

Rugal's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post
    Stay on topic, what's going on with this game (as in project update wink wink)
    There is an update for April/May:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2526204
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com

meaning that we can now include even more sound effects than we originally could which all adds to the experience.
    lmbo nah, I don't believe you're adding sound effects when you're supposed to be already finished with the game

DrillSlug Driver

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    lmbo nah, I don't believe you're adding sound effects when you're supposed to be already finished with the game
    Wait, it could be. Remember Shadowrun on the SNES? The later jpn. version published by Data East was enhanced by Beam Software, primary with better Sound F/X. So, a finished game got additional sound effects. It's far fetched, though.

Y'know what Ollie, I don't remember.

DrillSlug Driver

Then I'm glad my reminder wasn't for nothing. I always wondered if those cosmetics were a worthy tradeoff for the Vladimir Glitch.

King's Dry Cleaner

Why is nobody asking the important question? What color plastic will the MVS cart be?

Game looks great, can't wait!
    -Finch

edit: Wrong thread
    Last edited by LoneSage; 06-16-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Cham Cham's Banana

Definitely looking forward to getting my hands on this!

Thread Information